• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
for those who have property there and are on flexi-loan scheme,

it is recommended to convert spare cash and put into their loan account.

this would in turn reduce the interest being charged.

flexi-account,

Principal Owed - Savings in the account = X

X is being charges for interest and not for the principal owe that we have earlier..

Normal mortgage loan also can , just that u cant anyhow take out the money , more discplined ....
If needs to take out the money , need to inform bank and pay a service fee .
But no monthly charges at all.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Normal mortgage loan also can , just that u cant anyhow take out the money , more discplined ....
If needs to take out the money , need to inform bank and pay a service fee .
But no monthly charges at all.

10RM monthly per month is manageable?.. - i guessed..

some more flexi account , they calculate interest on a daily basis.

for traditional account, they calculate interest only at the end of every month..

there is a slight different to it..

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
10RM monthly per month is manageable?.. - i guessed..

some more flexi account , they calculate interest on a daily basis.

for traditional account, they calculate interest only at the end of every month..

there is a slight different to it..

no , its still daily interest calculation ....
No diff just that no cheque book and monthly fees.
RM10x12mths = RM120x10yrs ar least = RM1200 liao....

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
no , its still daily interest calculation ....
No diff just that no cheque book and monthly fees.
RM10x12mths = RM120x10yrs ar least = RM1200 liao....

then i think they are pulling my legs :(

darn banker always like talk cork with me..

now i got tricked to be in flexi loan..

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
You need to setup a bank account in Malaysia first.
Better to be a current account where you can issue cheque.
Transfer money by remittance companies. There are many to choose from which are recommended in this forum.
Conversion rate is usually better than money exchange but there is a service charge per transaction....usually s$10.

I think you may wish to consider putting some of that money into the bank's unit trust...apart from just FD.

Ambank is very conservative but according to learned bros here, they are very good to customers once you are onboard
especially for car loans, etc. Heard some people said they are amongst the last banks to tow your car should
you default on car loan payments.

Hong Leong Bank is pretty open, was the first one to allow my relatives to open up a FD easily without much fuss. Alliance
bank rejected our money at first but later said ok but too late for some of my relatives.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Teck21, quite a few of those 80% are not from neighbouring countries. I was a bit surprised to hear that they are attracting such a diverse crowd. Seems some big guys are in on this as well so seems there are more plans coming up for joint projects.

Most of the single units here are the one external + one internal unit (compressor + blower)

I much prefer these rather than the system 4 units which if one single compressor fails, then all fail. I rather have redundancy, like one aircon spoil, just don't use the room until the aircon guys come. Meanwhile, every other room plus hall is still airconditioned.

I have a unit that i just got aircon guys to service as my old tenant just moved out and a new one is moving one. The aircon guys had to check through the records as i only discovered today (to my horror) that i have 23 units of aircon big and small for residential in Johore. As for the business, another 12 sets of aircon. I may need to sign up for their bulk service plan since total of about 35 units. With new houses coming online, need about another 6 sets at least. More aircons, more headaches. The silver lining is at least i have redundancy and i have economies of scale with maintenance.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
then i think they are pulling my legs :(

darn banker always like talk cork with me..

now i got tricked to be in flexi loan..

Sorry to hear that LGlab, how are things with your family? If you need help, you can always PM me(not that i am very helpful or can help much). Take care and hope you are enjoying your stay here.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Tks Wuqi,

My new lawyer is pretty solid so far and calls me everyday with updates..and surprisingly cheaper than the one that i axed.

i am not too keen to change bank though...after all we already signed the letter of offer for loan and thebanker has been top notch so far...he responds almost immediately to every whatsapp and email so I will stick by him even though the rates are not the best.

The silver lining is that it will be concluded this Sat with signing of the SPA finally! A few days ago I was ready to abort the project...but now things are looking positive.

BTW, what's your view about renting one of those vacant shophouses in HH to operate small retail business? Was told by lady P those are available and rental are low but i dont trust her opinion much after this episode.

Thats good news, i am glad you pushed on and saw things through. Good for you. Well done. I am seeing a trend here, not referring to you but of many of us who came out here but was not used to the pace and "flexibility" of things here. I am glad you waited though and not be swayed by naysayers who will jump on you every time a hitch comes up be it minor or imagined.

Yes, if they were 3 storeys, i would have been operating there right now as i know at least 3 types of business that would just flourish there but lack of time and my work is putting me off this. You can still rent them though but for me, i prefer to buy if i could. Its definitely a place you can do business but of course there are lots of other areas as well. :wink:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
P might recommend a contractor called IDeven.. This contractor might have done many houses in HH..and might provide good services..

But do compare price unless you want to have min 300-400k renovation..

Some forummers houses are looking very nice, i can see that some people have very good taste indeed. :wink:
Yes, i concur, i normally will look for and use my own contractors which will not charge me an arm and leg.
The ones the developer guys will recommend is a "premium" one and is recommend for people with orange hair
or goes by the name of Mr Radish or Mr Carrot. It is their perogative to do so though :smile:

Saw quite a few of the developer folks yesterday when i brought my wife to the clubhouse for lunch, all relaxing
it seems, someone told me that they can afford to do so as business comes to them easily.

One contractor i was quite disappointed though, i posted his contacts online as he did a very good job for
my relatives and friends. I never made a cent from him nor them and i proudly say this online.

Yet when we asked him to do an awning for us, he overcharged us by a lot (not 3-4k kind of sum) A bit sad
but thats the way things are i guess. :(

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wowpiang, 300-400K for reno , you guys must be big spenders. I am hoping that I can squeez everything necessity within a buget of 60 to 80K including extension of wet kitchen . Not too sure is possible ?

You definitely can but with extenstion of wet kitchen, if you are extending out a lot, it could be stretched a little to 80k or more. Renovation is not like in SG, agree with bro Fundtransfer, you can definitely do it with reasonable costs. You can also do it at one shot or do it little by little. Its freehold after all. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
In jb there is no such thing called system 3 or 4...one compressor to one aircon is the norm

Yes, one compressor to one aircon, seldom will one see any System based aircon units. The aircon guys says system based are even more expensive since people seldom if ever asks for them. No demand = no supply = high prices.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
erm , for weekdays i dun mind since i have to wake up that timing to get ready for work ...
But for weekends and public holidays , i wish i can sleep later coz jb shopping centers dun open so early ....
I hope that the mosque wont built in NI since not a lot of malays buying ....

I am sorry, i am sure it won't, at most a surau. Its just the broadcast for prayers that some may find loud. For me, i sleep
like a log so its my wife who will get disturbed. She is a light sleeper. My mum says we make a good pair as she "jaga" me
during the day when i am sleeping and i guard her during the night when i am working. (No i don't have hematophagy) :wink:

I use soundproof tapes to some parts of my place in Singapore and all of my cars. They work pretty well for me, you can get
them cheaply at Daiso for about 2.5 metres per 5RM.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Maybe can consider adoption from the Animal shelters in Johor?

Thats a good idea, adoption is always better than getting a new pet. The dog whisperer also recommended
on radio (class 95) today. Seems he is coming in June, Caeser Milan i think?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats a good idea, adoption is always better than getting a new pet. The dog whisperer also recommended
on radio (class 95) today. Seems he is coming in June, Caeser Milan i think?

yes yes , i like e way he manage the furkids , any aggresive dogs under his training will become a tame and lovable dogs....

Last edited:

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
have to be careful with the banks , those little misc charges adds up can buy iphone liao ....

1) What is the difference between Term Loan and Flexi Loan in terms of interest calculation?
- There is not different in interest calculation between Term Loan and Flexi Loan actually, both runs under the same principal where interest is calculated base on your principal balance. Mortgage loan these days are mostly "daily rest" calculations. The different is more on the facilities of the package, which can be differ as below;

a) With a conventional term loan, you may be able to pay additional money to reduce your principal, unless it is stated other wise by your Letter Offer. However, standard conventional term loan doesn't allow you to withdraw that additional amount in case you need those in the future. Conventional term loan are pretty straight forward when it comes to interest calculations, cause what ever goes into the loan account stays there and figures are pretty easy to recognize. It's all in the statement.

b) Flexi Loan on the other hand has a current account attached to the loan account. (so there's actually 2 accounts) The deposit in that linked current account is consider an "off-set" to your principal. Example, if you have a RM 300k flexi loan, deposit RM 100k into your linked current account and the bank would calculate your interest based on the amount of RM 200k. That RM 100k would act as a principal reduction. And the best part is, you can use that deposit any time you want. (using it as any other current account). However, you might find a bit more difficult to identify the whole statement if you are not familiar with account (and numbers!)

2) Will the amount of interest paid for a 300K loan be the same between term loan and flexi loan?
- the above would have answer your question.

However, there is semi-flexi conventional loan where you are able to withdraw the additional money you put in earlier, but they'll charge you each time you withdraw. The charges can range from RM 10 to RM 50 depending on which bank's product. As oppose to flexi loan, you dont have to pay anything when withdraw, but there is a monthly fee of RM 10 for the whole loan period. Check with your banker or mortgage broker for additional details on the loan package. It varies from bank to bank.

Hope the above helps.

Give me a ring if you need further details or explanation. I will do my level best to assist you.

source : http://www.realestate.net.my/forum/archive/term-loan-vs-flexi-loan-21741.htm

aperfectcircle0

Alfrescian
Loyal
tks Contra,

loved your balanced views and posts! admittedly it is more expensive now but we would never have committed to HH a year or 2 years ago due to lack of push factors in our personal lives back then. In terms of current needs, we like the house as an ideal alternative for our immediate home stay...looking away from an investment/ capital gain or returns point of view soften the blow a bit...

Hi aperfectcircle0 bro, I have to post this quick to balance what I wrote earlier. It seems greens 22 x 75 have shot up to RM650k+ developer price this weekend. I do not understand hh prices anymore. Like is trying to catch medini prices......
Even the lady p becomes agent for subsale and resale on the side to get into the action. All I can say is be careful but I do not know better in this environment.

aperfectcircle0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,

love to hear your analysis and views...why 3 storeys? which 3 types of businesses are "doable" there? my wife have one in mind...she plans to retire as a hairstylist in Singapore and operate a small hair salon biz in jb as a pastime.. however the sceptic in her worries about unfamiliarity in setting a biz in jb, location, security, customer base etc.

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
toyohon said:
Wednesday February 15, 2012

Study on EDL toll fees

JOHOR BARU: The Government has agreed to carry out a detailed study before implementing toll collection at the Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL).

MCA president Datuk Seri Dr Chua Soi Lek said that the Prime Minister has asked the Economic Planning Unit to carry out the study.

“I raised this at the National Economic Council as MCA is against the idea of those not using the link to also pay the toll charges. Even the Johor Mentri Besar also agreed that the matter needed study,” he said after attending the Johor MCA Chinese New Year open house at SJKC Pu Sze in Skudai here yesterday.

The 8.1km EDL, which costs RM1.1bil, links the North-South Expressway to the Johor Customs, Immigration, Quarantine Complex. It is developed by MRCB Bhd.

The Star had reported that the link, which is almost completed, will force all motorists travelling to Singapore via the Johor Causeway to pay about five times more than the present RM2.90 paid for both ways to PLUS Bhd.

On another matter, Dr Chua urged voters especially the Chinese not to be hoodwinked by the propaganda spread by the Opposition especially the DAP, which has made Johor their frontline state.

“The DAP now is no longer the same DAP as they are now giving in to PAS.

“For instance, PAS has already identified its MP from Kelantan to come to Johor to be the next mentri besar,” he said.

Meanwhile, Dr Chua said Selangor should emulate the efforts done in Johor for Chinese schools.

He thanked Mentri Besar Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman, who also attended the dinner, for agreeing to reserve a state government land in Permas Jaya for a Chinese school.

He added that discussions were still going on whether to move SJKC Pei Hwa 2 from Taman Perling to Permas Jaya or to build a new school.

Dr Chua also said MCA had allocated RM300,000 for the development of Southern College.

So do you think they will still open the EDL to traffic by end of this month?

Status
Not open for further replies.