• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LHL can't even answer a simple question!

jw5

Loyal
This is what I call the "one liner" syndrome. Noticed this amongst the 3rd generation leaders. Its like giving models answers like you said. I also noticed this amongst many Singaporeans. They give a one liner and think they are smart alecks but clearly no foundation or basis for their answer is given or they don't know.

LHL is notorious for this. In the old days, you get it from insurance sales people who have no idea what they are selling.
Stating the obvious and making motherhood statements.

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what I call the "one liner" syndrome. Noticed this amongst the 3rd generation leaders. Its like giving models answers like you said. I also noticed this amongst many Singaporeans. They give a one liner and think they are smart alecks but clearly no foundation or basis for their answer is given or they don't know.

LHL is notorious for this. In the old days, you get it from insurance sales people who have no idea what they are selling.

One liner is good for him, say more wrong more...

:biggrin:

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
how to expect mathematician to answer an open question? mathematician only work on fixed formulas that r engraved in the brain.

proportion or no proportion, he say open up NCMP to improve chances of opposition into the house is as good as allowing 1 privileged audience into the house, but holds no weight.

he talk about credibility of person, if the person can work for the people or not, then if can, so vote for the party he's in. but he 4get to mention that at the same time, all the other good for nothing in the party also get elected.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
One liner is good for him, say more wrong more...

:biggrin:
Maybe you are right. Some years ago, some of us spoke about LHL and his style of communication (more like non communication). There were various views put forth. Some felt that his strong attachment to mathematics did not allow him to move away from yes and no answers. One chap felt that he was an intellectual snob who did not have patience to explain to lower life order his reasons.

One pecularity that was noticed was his ability to talk in simple terms and everyone felt that it was cater for PAP cadre members who were strong in loyalty but weak in reasoning. It was more an approach of an elder brother but note that no actual explanation is provided.

However one particular trait is his frequent absence, his delayed comments on important issues that are negative and use of his Ministers to fight the battle in Parliament.

The older chaps will remember that Chua Sian Chin, the long time minister of MHA hardly spoke in Parliament. The sessions used to be monopolised by old man and the likes of Raja etc.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
You guys got see the Parliament Meeting clip when Mas Selamat escaped?

LHL defended WKS in a rather akward manner, asking all present simi witch-hunt arr simi who wants WKS to quit... Before anyone can reply he already concluded that nobody wants WKS to quit... Rude fellow! Speaks volumes of his 'democratic' ways...

:oIo: :oIo: :oIo:

The one liner meaning from LHL on WKS is " I want to keep him, you beh song your problem."