• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Legal issues/questions - Anything to do with lawyers and banks

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Lawyers

Does Malaysia recognise a will that made in Singapore?
What about insurance for the property in Malaysia, can we purchase the insurance policy in Singaopre and tag to Malaysia property?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Dear all, sharing personal (unfortunate) cough blood experience with the following firms:

Ikbal SaXXm & Associates - Delays in their processing led to delay payments from bank resulting in penalty and interest charged by developer.
No reply, no contact and basically we only learned of this when collecting keys. Not even having the basic courtesy of a reply.

Lim SXX & Goonting - Delays upon delays, unfortunately several developers use them and buyers tend to have to use them. A subsale done
by them resulted in huge delays such that they basically sat on my case and did nothing for months.

HXBC - Delays and paper processing and lack of professionalism of staff - Staff left and was not contactable. The new staff who took over did not know
the case and basically threw all our paperwork into the bin. No follow up and everything had to redo.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear all, sharing personal (unfortunate) cough blood experience with the following firms:

Ikbal SaXXm & Associates - Delays in their processing led to delay payments from bank resulting in penalty and interest charged by developer.
No reply, no contact and basically we only learned of this when collecting keys. Not even having the basic courtesy of a reply.

Lim SXX & Goonting - Delays upon delays, unfortunately several developers use them and buyers tend to have to use them. A subsale done
by them resulted in huge delays such that they basically sat on my case and did nothing for months.

HXBC - Delays and paper processing and lack of professionalism of staff - Staff left and was not contactable. The new staff who took over did not know
the case and basically threw all our paperwork into the bin. No follow up and everything had to redo.

A friend of mine is also using Lim S G for conveyancing and also experience the same boh-chap, no response attitude (no respond to emails, always officer in court/out of town, can't locate file etc etc).
Apparently, he told me of their high staff turnover, each time he had to talk to a different person cos the earlier person had resigned.
As for delays, they will blame the seller's lawyers, bankers etc..
Is there anything one can do to such irresponsible companies? After all, they are paid with good monies!

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for the sharing. Now must sit up and take notice of their work as these ones is on Teega panel.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

A friend of mine is also using Lim S G for conveyancing and also experience the same boh-chap, no response attitude (no respond to emails, always officer in court/out of town, can't locate file etc etc).
Apparently, he told me of their high staff turnover, each time he had to talk to a different person cos the earlier person had resigned.
As for delays, they will blame the seller's lawyers, bankers etc..
Is there anything one can do to such irresponsible companies? After all, they are paid with good monies!

http://www.malaysianbar.org.my/contact/for_complaints_against_lawyers.html
http://www.malaysianbar.org.my/contact/lawyers_giving_discount.html

Address:
No. 15, Leboh Pasar Besar
Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia

Telephone: 03 20502160 / 2159
Fax: 03 2034 2487

Information: [email protected]

For conveyancing matters, if you have an enquiry or a complaint against a lawyer, please contact Chuah Ying Ying, Officer, by telephone at 03 20502106 or by email at [email protected].

For others:

The CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT 1999 can be downloaded from the website of the Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism: http://www.kpdnkk.gov.my

http://ttpm.kpdnkk.gov.my/portal/index.php/en/

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal

I feel that a formal complaint should be lodged and let their own disciplinary board decide what punishment to be meted out for rogue lawyers. I would prefer that their license be suspended temporary to wake them up and to prevent other innocent clients from using their services.

They seems to take delay as a norm, but they do not think of the consequences of others whom may have other commitments. When you appoint them, they are suppose to protect your INTEREST diligently.

macbookair

Alfrescian
Loyal

"Lim SXX & Goonting - Delays upon delays, unfortunately several developers use them and buyers tend to have to use them. A subsale done
by them resulted in huge delays such that they basically sat on my case and did nothing for months. "

My terrace in hh took 10mths for completion. but still havent sent paperwork to me yet.

and yes they will say bank fault,vendor fault, loan fault, my own bank fault, dunnoe how much truth in it.

they dun give instructions at all or instructions that are not clear.this is especially discouraging to first time My property buyers.

We (sellers and buyers) have to chase them and to find out why things are moving along so slowly.....

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

"Lim SXX & Goonting - Delays upon delays, unfortunately several developers use them and buyers tend to have to use them. A subsale done
by them resulted in huge delays such that they basically sat on my case and did nothing for months. "

My terrace in hh took 10mths for completion. but still havent sent paperwork to me yet.

and yes they will say bank fault,vendor fault, loan fault, my own bank fault, dunnoe how much truth in it.

they dun give instructions at all or instructions that are not clear.this is especially discouraging to first time My property buyers.

We (sellers and buyers) have to chase them and to find out why things are moving along so slowly.....

I'm quite surprised that there are actually so many people here have the same shitty experience with this company!
So my friend is not alone here. He actually though it was probably because of the small value of his purchase (about 550K) compared to those multi million ones.
Calling them can be also a pain cos the line is perpetually engaged and to make it worse, the receptionist don't understand much English
And yes, you really need to chase them regularly despite all this.

hemohemo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Before signing the LO with Bank A and lawyer, we got a better offer from Bank B. We called up Bank A and lawyer to cancel the appointment. While Bank A is cool, the lawyer said a fee RM500 is payable. Is that the market rate for this scenario or it's just an arbitrary sum charged by the lawyer?

I read here that drafting a will costs RM400, so I find it excessive to charge RM500 by the lawyer. Advice from forum members here are much appreciated.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Dear all,

Today had quite another bad experience with Lim Soh XXXXXX when signing documents.

There were some issues and i was told by my agent to check with them given next week is full of public holidays. In front of the developers, the lawyer flared up over a misunderstanding and started shouting and throw his phone on the desk in front of me even though he said he wasn't involved and hated people who mixed subsale matters with developer cases. He then accused me of trying to hold up my own case with the intention of cancelling, if i really did, i wouldn't have waited more than 8 months waiting. I went to another lawyer as i felt overcharged when they were quoting me higher prices than what was clearly the market rate but they were still representing the buyer.

I seriously was just asking for help from a developer friend and did not know the lawyer in front of me was the owner of the firm. I asked him, your card never said you were the boss and the folks introduced you as someone stationed at developer. How would i know the one handling the subsale is your wife when you addressed her by her surname?

Even though he continued his tirade, i sat through and quietly finished signing the documents and finished in two hours. I also waited before the customers left and then i answered his questions politely and i told him i did not deserve this.

In the end, my friend called me up and told me other folks were also complaining about their behaviour, showing up late (still ok), loudly shouting in front of customers, etc.

It doesn't matter that they were the ones holding up paperwork earlier on and are not communicating well with agent/lawyers which resulted in the misunderstanding.

I would strongly advise all to seek professional help whenever possible. Even if the legal services are paid by the developer, i would strongly recommend to pay for your own lawyer if you are not comfortable with the developers one or when they start shouting at you based on hearsay and not checking/asking for the facts.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Before signing the LO with Bank A and lawyer, we got a better offer from Bank B. We called up Bank A and lawyer to cancel the appointment. While Bank A is cool, the lawyer said a fee RM500 is payable. Is that the market rate for this scenario or it's just an arbitrary sum charged by the lawyer?

I read here that drafting a will costs RM400, so I find it excessive to charge RM500 by the lawyer. Advice from forum members here are much appreciated.

Different law firms charge differently, doing a will and conveyancing stuff are different but if they insist on this, check with the bank to see if this can be waived or covered by the other bank.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

When you buy a subsale property in Johor, must buyer pay for property fee? Can bank waive or bear the valuer's fees? How much is reasonable valuation fee if property is valued at RM650,000?

macbookair

Alfrescian
Loyal

what do you mean by property fee?

My bank did not waive the valuation fee -which should be in the hundreds.

the valuation report is done by a so-called independent firm and will send you a detailed report.