• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Left with 50 dollars in wallet and 200 in the bank.....10 may 2016

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At 50 years old and that he works all his life and he only has 2.5K savings left, is almost unbelievable. What does he spend his money on ?

Savings used to be more, his mom just passed away recently and was very sick prior to that, medical fees, funeral expenses, depleted quite a fair bit.

Now with the dad being sick is big problem for him.....
Take home pay 1500, not much can do and save with school going kid, food, expenses, utility bills, s and c charges and occasional meals in macdonalds with his kid.

Used to be better with OTs, but now all, but cut down.
Hopefully don't kena retrenched......else bigger problem.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
best to consider it as write-off. or payable when able. as long as the money is not used for gambling, drinking or screwing, i would do the same if asked.

my old neighbour once loaned his friend 100k at 5% interest, monthly. The interest was suggested by borrower. my old
neighbour is one lucky guy. he got his 100k back within a year. best of all, over the past 15-20 years, my neughbour made at least 1 million through his friend just through commissions from his bets.

while not expecting to be paid back, he did mentioned he will pay 50 every month, for the next 6 months.
Told him to take it easy and take good care of his dad......

When one is middle age and see ones parent passed on.... It's is really sad.

hsienloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Savings used to be more, his mom just passed away recently and was very sick prior to that, medical fees, funeral expenses, depleted quite a fair bit.

Take home pay 1500, not much can do and save with school going kid, food, expenses, utility bills, s and c charges and occasional meals in macdonalds with his kid.

If he go and see the asshole mp, the mp would say sell your assets eg. flat, properties, jewelleries, and children to raise money
so that you can continue to pay and pay the mp 16k and million dollar minister's salary.

jw5

Loyal

These medical expenses for the elderly can use up cash very quickly. Ask your friend to see his MP, hopefully he won't be asked to sell his assets and they will give him some food and grocery vouchers to tide things over. His wife may also consider getting a part time job. Life can be tough in SG. :(

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If he go and see the asshole mp, the mp would say sell your assets eg. flat, properties, jewelleries, and children to raise money
so that you can continue to pay and pay the mp 16k and million dollar minister's salary.

4 room flat......maybe can suggest to him to sell away and downgrade to 3 room flat. Will have money in hand and new place to stay, though smaller in size.......

hsienloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
4 room flat......maybe can suggest to him to sell away and downgrade to 3 room flat. Will have money in hand and new place to stay, though smaller in size.......

Even if its a terrace or semi-d, selling it is not going to solve his problems.
It's a vicious circle created by the PAP with the cao ah qua Lee Hsien Loong in charge.
The mother fucker only cares about himself, his reputations and his power.

Why is your friend is such a dire situation with a 3rd World salary.
Compare that with our 1st World Salary for the Minister and Mps.

Shouldn't a country whose minister's and mps salary reflect the well-being and status of the country.
Shouldn't all the people also enjoy a decent standard of salary comparable with its 1st World status.

If only one side is enjoying while the other is suffering then there is something terribly wrong with the country.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At 50 years old and that he works all his life and he only has 2.5K savings left, is almost unbelievable. What does he spend his money on ?

Many sinkies are living from hand to mouth.
2.5k can survive in Sg is considered very good. Must be creative to stretch the money else can't even last till month end.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These medical expenses for the elderly can use up cash very quickly. Ask your friend to see his MP, hopefully he won't be asked to sell his assets and they will give him some food and grocery vouchers to tide things over. His wife may also consider getting a part time job. Life can be tough in SG. :(

Yes, the medical expenses does add up.....a visit here, a checkup there, a test here, some medication there.....are cost......

My thought is no point holding on to asset if no money in hand......
4 room flat, still can downgrade, to 3 room, have a place to stay and money in hand.
Maybe can ask him to rent out one room to at least have some income.......

Not sure if staying in 4 room flat eligible for those food and grocery vouchers though......

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even if its a terrace or semi-d, selling it is not going to solve his problems.
It's a vicious circle created by the PAP with the cao ah qua Lee Hsien Loong in charge.
The mother fucker only cares about himself, his reputations and his power.

Why is your friend is such a dire situation with a 3rd World salary.
Compare that with our 1st World Salary for the Minister and Mps.

Shouldn't a country whose minister's and mps salary reflect the well-being and status of the country.
Shouldn't all the people also enjoy a decent standard of salary comparable with its 1st World status.

If only one side is enjoying while the other is suffering then there is something terribly wrong with the country.

Well, if he has a semi d and sell it away and downgrade to a hdb, I would be asking him for a loan instead....., not 500 dollars, but 50k.........

Seriously, I would not consider his situation to be dire, for he at least has his house fully paid up. Unlike I have seen, those staying in rental flats, 1 room, 2 room type where kena squeeze 6 to a one or 2 room rental flat, parents are sick, siblings/young parents in jail for drug offence....

Though no doubt about it, his case is really 3rd world salary......
I guess, his salary has been artificially suppressed with the foreign workers being brought in lock stock and barrel.....

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Did he vote the PAP? If so, ask him go look for MP, get rental flat. Cheap cheap, last time $17 a month only.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many sinkies are living from hand to mouth.
2.5k can survive in Sg is considered very good. Must be creative to stretch the money else can't even last till month end.

Agree that many Singaporean are living from paycheck to paycheck. Or one pink slip away from financial trouble......

hsienloong

Alfrescian
Loyal

If his salary still remains at 3rd standard against the rapid rise in cost of living the money isn't going to last very long.
To make it worst, his age is catching up.
A better solution would be to get a stable and better paying job like the mp,
he only need to worry once every 5 years.
But that won't happen soon as long as the 60% remains in their comfort zone
and only react when they are faced with the same predicament as your friend.

The 60% should learn to secure their own future by voting in more opposition
candidates as an insurance against artificial poverty created by lousy and selfish
gov policies.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree that many Singaporean are living from paycheck to paycheck. Or one pink slip away from financial trouble......

And mind you these are not the ones who buy things they can't afford and splurge their pay.
These are the ones who money not enough to begin with. Even struggling with the basic necessities type.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A friend just msg me.....told me he only got 50 dollars in the wallet and 200 dollars in the bank....today is 10 May 2016, he has yet to pay his utility bills and conservancy charges....payday is on month end.

Asked to borrow 500......tide things over, he told me.....
Never knew his finance are so tight.....

If you have the money, lend/give it to him for one time tight over until his next payroll. Your friend's situation is not rare in Singapore.

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal
A friend just msg me.....told me he only got 50 dollars in the wallet and 200 dollars in the bank....today is 10 May 2016, he has yet to pay his utility bills and conservancy charges....payday is on month end.

Asked to borrow 500......tide things over, he told me.....
Never knew his finance are so tight.....

Any reason why the wife is not working?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would suggest renting out 1 or 2 rooms to tide things over. No shame for the 3 of them to be in one room. There are some good things from bringing in foreigners and their demand for rooms is one. I know of a retrenched MBA grad living with his mother who rented him rooms and go thru some bad years.

One you downgrade, the money will mysteriously will disappear in a short while. Only downgrade when there is good plan and the money gotten yields some income.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tell him to becum a licensed, independent tissue seller-cum-beggar without working for a tissue-scam syndicate. can make $8000 a month. but must chop off one leg and wear songkok.

image.jpg