• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Land Banking - FishBuff You Did Well...

Snooze

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm, you seem to be an insider... Let me add few words..

Still learning from the Gurus.

Errr.. I dont think so.. last year between Jan-Jun 2009 was a good-der buy.. now, it is juz good.

A very successful property investor mentioned this to me. "The best time to invest is when you can afford, you can't time the market"

Err, seems like you have to change the thread to -

"Land Banking - FishBuff You have to keep on trying."

n1etzche

Alfrescian
Loyal
Baron Rothschild, a member of the Rothschild banking family, is credited with saying that "The time to buy is when there's blood in the streets."

A very successful property investor mentioned this to me. "The best time to invest is when you can afford, you can't time the market"

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal

i can only agree 30% of your comment.

even if the houses are there on the market, u have to do your check really really carefully.

by training, i was a geotechnical and substructure civil engineering folk so im very concern about soil and slope. alot of badly built houses around that have either poor design or construction. environment is important, some places i saw got termite nest just 10-20m away. some place already had soil erosion; one place that i saw was going like $375k for a 4bedroom, brick and nice, but soil underneath the concrete had disappeared. and it was built on the edge of a slope, definitely soil movement. i have also seen houses built on back filled slope collapsed due to lack of proper drainage and due to heavy rain. swimming pool is another concern; at the deepest end at 2m, it is weighing at more than x metric tons, that will cause soil settlement. Another issue is those big water tank sitting on top of the slope. frigging dangerous.

house is a big ticket item and u have to be sure that, when u buy it, u can get rid/sell off in times of need. never be garang.. be very very selective...

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Err, seems like you have to change the thread to -

"Land Banking - FishBuff You have to keep on trying."

Wrong ! You can actually time the market :wink: I figured it out 2-3yrs ago.. My wifey often warn me about the chances of bankruptcy.. Ahhh, so far so good becoz of my effective timing :biggrin:

Remember what Warren Buffet says ? Be greedy when the market is fearful.. ppl are concerned on the affordability.. when they think the world is falling apart, I will make another round acquisition.. taking advantage of the market conditions when fools are crying out loud.. heehee..

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
i can only agree 30% of your comment.

even if the houses are there on the market, u have to do your check really really carefully.

by training, i was a geotechnical and substructure civil engineering folk so im very concern about soil and slope. alot of badly built houses around that have either poor design or construction. environment is important, some places i saw got termite nest just 10-20m away. some place already had soil erosion; one place that i saw was going like $375k for a 4bedroom, brick and nice, but soil underneath the concrete had disappeared. and it was built on the edge of a slope, definitely soil movement. i have also seen houses built on back filled slope collapsed due to lack of proper drainage and due to heavy rain. swimming pool is another concern; at the deepest end at 2m, it is weighing at more than x metric tons, that will cause soil settlement. Another issue is those big water tank sitting on top of the slope. frigging dangerous.

house is a big ticket item and u have to be sure that, when u buy it, u can get rid/sell off in times of need. never be garang.. be very very selective...

Sorry about being blunt... I always tell ppl, Liew Mun Leong (Capitaland) know nothing about development coz he's only an engineer.. Same goes with Ho Ching.

Engineer's best core field is about structural integrity .. not about NPV, ROI, IRR... what makes a business (real estate) success ? $$$ is the benchmark, not the bending and tensile strength... Engr's assessment based on 'current' conditions BUT an investor's assessment is based on 'future' 5-10-20 yrs..

So who has the vision ? who can make it big ? only time will tell..

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
cannot just cheong into house buying. i have seen too many houses that suffered damages from environment and other factors. some built next to wall of soil, not waterproof, when rain comes, whole room is wet from water seeping thru the bricks. then there is land slide, one $1+ million house at kenmore with private pontoon suffered a 20-30% land slide during a storm.

buy house also see locations, type of people, ammenities. like southside of brisbane, too many asians, angmoh, indians dont want to rent there. westside especially inala, darra and wacol, too many dodgy islanders and bogans. good ones are in the north and east.

i often do my house inspection by checking out all factors including going up the roof access (not climb, just peep with torch light).

go for deceased estates, mortgagees, and those that are desperate to sell. here is brisbane, houses arent as hot as melbourne.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
cannot just cheong into house buying.

go for deceased estates, mortgagees, and those that are desperate to sell. here is brisbane, houses arent as hot as melbourne.

Always remember.. (like the earlier forumer said) when there's blood on the street.. it is a good time to buy.. By the time ya ready, I'm into 3rd or 4th acquisition.. hehe

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Always remember.. (like the earlier forumer said) when there's blood on the street.. it is a good time to buy.. By the time ya ready, I'm into 3rd or 4th acquisition.. hehe

that is good. hope u will get your 3rd house soon.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Average Perth house to cost $1million in 10 years

* Raquel de Brito, Real Estate Editor
* March 20, 2010 7:00PM

THEY are figures that will stun most West Australians - homes in almost all suburbs worth more than an average of $1 million and, in Peppermint Grove, a staggering $25 million.

But if the real estate boom of the past 10 years is repeated over the next decade, these prices will be the scary reality, according to new figures calculated by one of Australia's top property price-monitoring companies.

The price predictions, compiled exclusively for The Sunday Times by Australian Property Monitors, indicate only a handful of suburbs in the Perth metropolitan area will have a median house price below $1 million in the next decade, and many suburbs will hit the $1 million mark within five years.

WA's house values could be the highest in the country, and Peppermint Grove would be clearly Australia's most expensive suburb with a median house price of more than $25 million in 10 years.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
Related Coverage

* Top spot: Perth's most prestigious street

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Real Estate Institute of WA president Alan Bourke said a Perth median house price of $1 million was inevitable.

"It will happen, it's just a matter of time, whether it's in 10 years or 12 years," Mr Bourke said.

APM economist Matt Bell said the long-term outlook for WA property prices was the best of all the major states because of the likely long-term resource boom, driven by Chinese and Asian demand for commodities.

While the prospect of property values doubling in the next 10 years will bring a smile to the faces of today's home owners and investors, it poses further affordability issues for those yet to step onto the property ladder.

WA Council Of Social Services chief executive Sue Ash said it was critical that housing was both affordable to buy and affordable to live in to prevent an increase in homelessness.

"We are more worried about the incline in house prices than the actual final number because it's the incline in house prices that is causing the difficulties for those people who are in the lower incomes and particularly for those people on fixed incomes," she said.

Stockland managing director Matthew Quinn echoed these sentiments in a recent speech.

"The average first-home buyer today cannot afford to pay the median house price - not even close," he said.

Mr Quinn blamed "a total disconnect between the different levels of government . . . without action, housing affordability problems are going to get worse."

He said building smaller homes could ease the shortage and the affordability issue. Stockland was reducing its average lot and house sizes for customers.

"Australia is one of the world's most urbanised nations, with over three-quarters of our population living in major cities and the overwhelming majority in our five largest cities alone," he said.

Mr Bourke said the State Government needed to take a tougher approach to high-density housing if it was to solve future housing affordability problems.

"The various industry bodies know what to do, it's just the government of the day deciding yes, it will solve the problem, it will make the decisions that are going to be unpalatable for some of the shires and some of the levels of bureaucracy - it's just a matter of whether the government has got the courage to solve the issue," he said.

"Doubling the density would solve the problem in a heartbeat. (The government) needs to take a tougher approach to high-density planning."

Adding to housing affordability problems, a report by the Housing Industry Association reveals Perth's growth areas are falling behind demand.

The report into WA housing needs showed a shortfall of 17,400 houses last year. The shortage is expected to be more than 70,000 this decade.

WA Planning Minister John Day told The Sunday Times lot production had slowed during the past 18 months as a result of the economic downturn and develop finance being harder to obtain. But he expected the rate of production to increase again.

"There are about 37,000 vacant residential lots, with construction of homes thought to be under way on about half of these," Mr Day said.

"There is currently a stock of 18,500ha of urban-zoned land, which is yet to be developed.

"Assuming historical consumption trends in urbanisation, the current stock of undeveloped urban-zoned land will meet demand for about 22 years."

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Average Perth house to cost $1million in 10 years

Yo Neddy, I told you before and I am going to reiterate this.. Perth is within my radar & it has a lot of rooms for growth:wink: Last 1-2 years ppl were crying out loud about the properties in Perth were exorbitant.. (they have no idea what they are talking about), now it clearly proven Perth's performance. 3 cheers for you !

Sadly, I have invested in Melbourne, otherwise, I will buy Perth. My suburb avg medium has reached 1.1-1.2mil :p my 1000m2 land and 4 beds+2 showers will be at the higher range.. Yahhoo !:biggrin: Well done Perth and Melbourne !!

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yo Neddy, I told you before and I am going to reiterate this.. Perth is within my radar & it has a lot of rooms for growth:wink: Last 1-2 years ppl were crying out loud about the properties in Perth were exorbitant.. (they have no idea what they are talking about), now it clearly proven Perth's performance. 3 cheers for you !

Sadly, I have invested in Melbourne, otherwise, I will buy Perth. My suburb avg medium has reached 1.1-1.2mil :p my 1000m2 land and 4 beds+2 showers will be at the higher range.. Yahhoo !:biggrin: Well done Perth and Melbourne !!

We need to build upwards - sub-division can only do so much. Low-rise business-residential mixed use complexes will become more common, like your city.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
We need to build upwards - sub-division can only do so much. Low-rise business-residential mixed use complexes will become more common, like your city.

I understand how the Council works.. I have a few development under their care.. sadly, efficiency is not @ their best. Yes, when lands are limited, common sense would tell us to optimize the land use.. we dont see this happening.. This is why I keep saying there is room for further growth !

When it is time to build 'upwards' my properties will be ready on the table.