• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kway Teow

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hill Street kway teow in Blk. 16 Bedok South HC is the best.
Lao Fu Zi kway teow in Old Airport HC is so so only.

metalrover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Presently, Blk 16 Bedok South char kway teow is the best! Power!

But i will open one stall in future in Pasir Ris, fresh hum Wooh.... :biggrin:

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X5DHub7cPpQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X5DHub7cPpQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember in the 70's there used to be a coffee shop, along Bukit Timah Rd, opposite Newton Hawker centre which always had crowds queuing up to buy the kway teow.

All the buildings on this stretch are of course now gone. Anyone know if this kway teow vendor or his decendants is still around:confused:

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember in the 70's there used to be a coffee shop, along Bukit Timah Rd, opposite Newton Hawker centre which always had crowds queuing up to buy the kway teow.

All the buildings on this stretch are of course now gone. Anyone know if this kway teow vendor or his decendants is still around:confused:

I personally found it OK only. But to answer your question, it moved to Serangoon Gardens Market/Hawker centre for quite a number of years but retired two years or so back.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I personally found it OK only. But to answer your question, it moved to Serangoon Gardens Market/Hawker centre for quite a number of years but retired two years or so back.

I don't remember how it tasted except that it was always crowded. :smile:

The one that I remember being good is the Hill Streey kway teow. Unfortunately haven't eaten since they moved to Bedok & can't justify going there just to eat their kway teow .

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Toa Payoh Lorong 5 and Bedok Interchange, go for the Char Hokkien Mee, not Char Kway Teow.

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahlaneh...
i still remember last tum at boat quay there was a beef kway teow stall damm shiok leh dunnoe where now?

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Anyone try the "Original KL Kok Lok Mee" ( Black Hokkien Mee ) at Geylang Lorong 31 ?

Try once, but was disappointing, wonder is it my taste is off that day, though it looks very good.

Comments?

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Joo Chiat Place Char Kway Teow is pretty good. But kept doing the disappearing act. Last I heard, conflict with the coffeeshop and stall has been closed for the past one year, although signboard and barang barang still there. :(

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Toa Payoh Lorong 5 and Bedok Interchange, go for the Char Hokkien Mee, not Char Kway Teow.

Been a long time since I had decent Hokkien Mee :(

Many places are cutting corners in their ingredients & preparation time.

I'll try the one in Toa Payoh, hopefully it will not be a let down :rolleyes:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Been a long time since I had decent Hokkien Mee :(

Many places are cutting corners in their ingredients & preparation time.

I'll try the one in Toa Payoh, hopefully it will not be a let down :rolleyes:

Hokkien prawn mee (fried) i swear by Lor 8 Toa Payoh hawker centre...

but quick go eat before they close for upgrading...then after that ...god knows the standard liao...