• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Koufu uncles told me that tourists help to bring down cost of living in Singapore

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
They say that without tourists, our malls will me empty and businesses need to sell their items more expensive in order to recover the cost of rental.

When tourists come, they pay more GST and this helps our government to collect more GST and in return giving us more bonus.

Like that say keyi mah?

Last edited:

bigozt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brainwashed by Pappie local branch, learn pappie economics. They could increase the upper income tax by quite a few percent and still tax evaders will come to SG.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They say that without tourists, our malls will me empty and businesses need to sell their items more expensive in order to recover the cost of rental.

When tourists come, they pay more GST and this helps our government to collect more GST and in return giving us more bonus.

Like that Sai keyi mah?

So sinkie tourists helped to keep prices in JB low. Good to know. Majulah PAP!

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Like that Sai keyi mah?
Rubbish Coolie genes logic. It is in fact the other way round.

When more tourist tio chop carrot willing to pay high prices, prices will continue to rise. As prices rise, producers manufacture more to gain more profits, leading to higher prices.

An ideal scenario is when tourists come to a country and only visited tourist areas with shops only focusing on chopping their carrots without affecting local costs of living through a buffer zone. But once they infiltrate into local malls and eateries, is hong kanz already.

As long as this fake external demand exists, it tends to overide local demand, hence will continue to cause inflation til an equilibrium is reached when it crosses the supply curve which by then will be too late, as it is a false signal due to external demand. A perfect example will be Newton Circus where prices are jacked up like no tomorrow as most customers are tourists so even if locals go there also tio chop carrot.

This is also exactly what happens at JB when S'porean go there making bird sounds 'Chip chip (cheap cheap)' which cause all the prices there to rise like no tomorrow.

Which is why Johoreans have been blaming us for so long for causing their inflation. But they can afford such inflation as many of them came here to work then bring back money at 3.5X so not much effect and also help to boost their economy.

Whereas for S'poreans, once foreigners jack up our prices, there is no where else to go, hong kanz already.
IntroductiontoSupplyandDemand3_3-389a7c4537b045ba8cf2dc28ffc57720.png

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uncles told me that foreigners buy expensive properties in Singapore and in return these profits are used by PAP to heavily subsidise our hbd and public infrastructure

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
many uncles at Koufu are really pariah. I always see uncle A occupying table 1 , and uncle B occupying table 2 and talk to each other very loudly. These uncles are scum and spending their children hard earn money on beers

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which is why Johoreans have been blaming us for so long for causing their inflation. But they can afford such inflation as many of them came here to work then bring back money at 3.5X so not much effect and also help to boost
It depends. Those in businesses welcome sinkie tourists. Those in gomen jobs don't. So they sabo border crossings regularly.

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
It depends. Those in businesses welcome sinkie tourists. Those in gomen jobs don't. So they sabo border crossings regularly.
Insiders told me that both immigration officers in Malaysia and Singapore earn low salary and they pay is very unattractive especially during public holidays and weekends as compared with Grab delivery and grab drivers. Many of them choose not to work during weekends and public holidays. Instead they delivery food for grab and lalamoves and drivers

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cb koufu ,Fri siong,eat , Malaysia boles or fuck whatever they are all Malaysian with papigs,cb,boycott them ,I used to buy but after u saw one Malaysian auntie sneeze n spit on the basin that's it ,n 1 ah tiong I bought around 8 pkt of food that cb squeeze all pot into one medium bag,which I cannot even handle,I ask for seperate
Bag ,he said no,cb

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bet those 'Koufu uncles' still believe the 'safe and effective' bullshit. Were they wearing masks? Over the weekend, I saw a couple at a restaurant, wearing a mask and talking while waiting for their ordered food to arrive. Sad and pathetic! :biggrin:

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
These Koufu uncles always tell me nonsense theory such as foreigners who come to Singapore to seek for medical services in SGH and KK hospitals are actually subsidising sinkies health care services because foreigners pay higher medical bills