• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Khaw: New flats still affordable

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thats a big lie. KBW is just as culpable as MBT in the continued screwing of housing policies.

The lack of building new housing precipitated the rise and inaffordability, but subsequently, KBW did not put in measures to mitigate the price escalation while he builds.

In a way he purposely allowed the rise, even with the benefit of MBT's hindsight.

That alone detrmines his performance is worse than MBT.

I doubt anyone can do.worse than KBW. Until today he has not come out with a new policy direction to take us into the next few decades, taking in view of new realities.

What we are relying on are policies crafted in the 60s to take us forward.

Wake up KBW, admit it that youre just not cut out for the job and is absolutely clueless and has run out of ideas.

Arent you shameless taking that million dollar salary?

KBW already build more flat in 2 year compare to MBT.
What u expect? Build 50k unit/year?
Talk is easy.
What I worry is gov will stop building after 3 year. No one will know/confirm. If continue to build 25k unit/year for the next 10 year . Then price will be affordable to all.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talk is easy.
What I worry is gov will stop building after 3 year. No one will know/confirm. If continue to build 25k unit/year for the next 10 year . Then price will be affordable to all.

Proven you're just as clueless and bereft of ideas.

I'm not contributing my ideas and suggestions. Idont earn the million dollars anyway.

I'd rather see both of you fail embarassingly.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
:
:
"We take affordability fully into account when pricing BTO (build-to-order) flats. New flats enjoy generous discounts off market prices," The Straits Times quoted Mr Khaw as saying, in reply to a question from Dr Lee Bee Wah (Nee Soon GRC).
:
:
Eligible first-time buyers can get up to $60,000 in housing grants. HDB also offers housing loans at concessionary interest rates to help eligible households finance their flat purchase, Mr Khaw said.
:
:
I think that is affordable for BTO," he said.

A lot of the misunderstanding over housing prices arose because people were looking at the HDB resale price index, he said.
:
:

For every 3 steps that KBW stepped forward, he took one step back. This is probably one of the most difficult ministry to perform well.

201209_BTOprices.png

201206_BTOprices.png

201205_BTOprices.png

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal

What do you mean?

Check out what he said to the press regarding affordability of HDB flats, he quoted the lower prices... rather than the average or above average prices - that's a strategy to hoodwink the general population.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Check out what he said to the press regarding affordability of HDB flats, he quoted the lower prices... rather than the average or above average prices - that's a strategy to hoodwink the general population.

Seriously?!?!?! This statement is full of stupid. If someone complain that HDB flat is expensive U obviously point out to him there are cheaper options available if not what the hell U expect him to tell them. EC price???

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

He is telling the truth. The price is there. If its not affordable, you won't have so many people snapping them up.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

If they cannot afford it, why waste time queuing??
Do they get a free flat by queuing?
Who isn't getting the point here?

It is you who don't get it sir. If its not afoordable, why so many people queuing to buy?

It is dog like you who still don't get it.
people are still buying because it is one of the basic necessities in life.

if your master will to increase water rate to $10.00 per cu m. and
electricity rate to $5.00 PER kwH , then give you 50% rebate,
do sinkies stop turning on the tap and stop using electricity?

you are benefiting from the system so everything that
you master do is correct.
you are just a low life parasite leeching from the system.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talk is easy.
Sometimes I suspect these trolls are here to make online community look stupid, and comparatively, the PAP looks more reasonable to the middle ground.

The unspoken idea is that those in their 20s and 30s now can expect to work until at least 70 years old before they can retire. Average livespan has jumped to 85 now, and on its way to 90 and beyond. The masses simply have to work for longer before retirement. This is going to be reflected in higher selling price of HDB flats and stagnant salaries. The govt can't allow everyone to retire at 60 and idle around for next 25 years, the country can't support itself financially.

chilakak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes I suspect these trolls are here to make online community look stupid, and comparatively, the PAP looks more reasonable to the middle ground.

You hit the nail on the head! This is one of the core objectives of their cyber campaign.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if resale flat price drop to 2008 level and interest raise by a percent, many young couples who brought in 2010-12 will try to prove superman can fly.:rolleyes:

no way the $8man will make the price drop.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if resale flat price drop to 2008 level and interest raise by a percent, many young couples who brought in 2010-12 will try to prove superman can fly.:rolleyes:

Those buy new BTO will not affected. Only those buy resale/cash out their 1st flat will be in trouble.
Many cash out buy resale. Profit $100~$200k . Most of then use it for buying car/vacation/gambling............
Only 10~20% smart use for investment.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once again you have proven to be a PAP porlumpar.
Firstly your 12k interest calculation is wrong => maths fail.
Secondly expecting a couple to live in 3 rm flat till 40 years old is ridiculous.
For goodness sake, this is a 3 RM HDB, it should be paid off with spare change and not till 40 years old.

char_azn estimation of $12K interest is not wrong as the actual amount providing the couple didnt default any payments and hdb interest remain at 2.6% is $11,750.42 as long they pay $815 a month and a final payment of $765.42 on the last month.

as for 3rm enough to raise a family or not, that will depend on the couple expectations.

gz0707

Alfrescian
Loyal

ah, the middle ground strategy ...

lucky he never say middle earth ... means everything scorched and burnt to ashes.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gosh!
Millionaire ministers are spewing shits nowadays
HDB affordable
HDB below costs
$1000 salary can own a flat
You have an option for a smoother ride if you pay
You are fortunate the trains broke down late in the night
Increase GST to help the poor.....

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

After the last asian financial crisis, properties across the board, including resale HDB flats, fell significantly. I recalled that my family's 5-room flat in the west rose to 550k (resale record in 1996), and then fell to 350k and stayed at that level until 2006.

Most of those caught at high prices just suck it up as no one forced them to buy. Good thing is that the impact is limited as the number of transactions at record prices was actually only a small percentage of total HDB stock. Most home owners merely suffered paper losses, as they bought low, and prices came crashing down from the peak level in 1996.

History will repeat itself if and when foreigners leave sinkieland in droves. Most of the new residents will start leaving when they realise that cost of living here uses up most of their income. The tipping point is already here.

gz0707

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rivervale Delta standard flats. Prices below from HDB, that means buying direct. So garmen sets the price.

3 room, 65 sq metre, starting price $221,000
4 room, 90 sq metre, starting price $336,000

cheap?

Last edited: