• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Khaw: New flats still affordable

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20120502_222629_khaw_bg.jpg

Monday, Nov 19, 2012
SINGAPORE - The prices of new HDB flats have gone up by 12 per cent since January 2009, but that is lower than the 34 per cent rise in the HDB Resale Price Index, National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan said in Parliament yesterday.

He said homes are still affordable for first-time buyers.

"We take affordability fully into account when pricing BTO (build-to-order) flats. New flats enjoy generous discounts off market prices," The Straits Times quoted Mr Khaw as saying, in reply to a question from Dr Lee Bee Wah (Nee Soon GRC).

Eligible first-time buyers can get up to $60,000 in housing grants. HDB also offers housing loans at concessionary interest rates to help eligible households finance their flat purchase, Mr Khaw said.

Mr Khaw said that first-time buyers of new flats in non-mature estates used on average 23 per cent of their monthly income for housing loans.

"I think that is affordable for BTO," he said.

A lot of the misunderstanding over housing prices arose because people were looking at the HDB resale price index, he said.

The Government is trying to stabilise resale flat prices through cooling measures and building more new flats.

"But for the moment, I think I would regard the achievement that we have been able to bring about, this cost increase of just 12 per cent versus the 34 per cent increase, as quite an achievement. I think not enough credit has been given to my ministry," Mr Khaw said.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
"But for the moment, I think I would regard the achievement that we have been able to bring about, this cost increase of just 12 per cent versus the 34 per cent increase, as quite an achievement. I think not enough credit has been given to my ministry," Mr Khaw said.

Did Mr Khaw just shot himself in the foot?

His ministry is responsible for both and he compares those 2 and comment it is quite an achievement. Bloody Hell! Or did I get it wrong?

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
fuck you lah..

99 years leasehold , pay how much also not yours.

other country can get freehold and pass on the properties to their future generation.

Fuck sinkieland and the pathetic PAP to hell.

Last edited:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
fuck you lah..

99 years leasehold , pay how much also not yours.

other country can get freehold and pass on the properties to their future generation.

Fuck sinkieland and the pathetic PAP to hell.

hi there

1. tonny, bingo!
2. specimen blahs via its arse.
3. public housing is leasehold items.
4. what owners, what buyers!
5. the ultimate owner: public housing board, ministry of finance.
6. unfortunately, 60% are in denial *&^%#@#@#:mad::rolleyes::eek:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is about 3 to 4% up a year. How many get 3 to 4% wage increase every year since Jan 2009?

even if wages increase by 3-4%...................the amounts are totally different...............unless your annual pay is as much as the price of a flat !

even if that's the case...............the pay raise must be after CPF and income tax........................

and even if that's the case..........................there's the interests on the home loan to think about.......................

no way incomes can keep pace with flat prices...........................eventually, either new flats' prices will be slashed or very very little new buyers buying very small flats...............

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP's plan is to eat up your CPF for housing payments until you retire. After that, you have to sell your flat back to them at a huge discount. That way, the PAP will have no liabilities on the CPF since most Sinkees used it up for their HDB flats. The PAP won't want condo and private housings to be affordable because they can't manipulate the CPF when sinkees use the CPF funds to buy those properties.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every year cont to build 25k unit per year for next 10 year. It will bring down the price to 2009 price.

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... "But for the moment, I think I would regard the achievement that we have been able to bring about, ..., as quite an achievement. I think not enough credit has been given to my ministry," Mr Khaw said.
tis burgerz really shamelss, as oways ...

whether iz goot anot is 4 peasants 2 say, not u ... it cud haf been much betta ...

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy is absolutely shameless.

He dares use the words, achievement, credit and able in the same sentence to carry his own balls?

He is the cause of housing policy getting all screwed up with cooling measures that don't work and now our kids future is bleak because of him. And we all thought MBT was bad.

KNN mudder farking busterd.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
8 dollar cow never said the invisible sentence. Actual words should be "New flats still affordable........over 50 years or more!" Song Boh?