• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kedah’s licensed 4D outlets close shop after state directive

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kedah’s licensed 4D outlets close shop after state directive
www.thestar.com.my
  • Monday, 02 Jan 2023

ALOR SETAR: All 45 licensed 4D outlets in Kedah are now closed after the state government decided not to renew their local business operating permits.

Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor said the Kedah state government had decided not to renew their licences starting this year.

All local authorities have been instructed to monitor these gambling premises to ensure they comply with the directive that was decided in November 2021.

Although gaming companies are licensed by the Federal Government, individual outlets need business permits issued by local authorities to operate.

Checks around the city showed that the premises had all closed with some displaying a notice on their entrance, informing customers of their closure to comply with the state government’s directive.

Among those who turned up at an outlet yesterday in hopes to strike it rich was a 42-year-old technician who only wished to be known as Ooi.

“I’ve been buying lottery numbers on a weekly basis, alternating between vehicle registration plates or birth certificate numbers of family members.

“I only bet small amounts. It’s just for amusement and to see if Lady Luck is with me,” he said.

Without licensed number-betting outlets in the city, Ooi said he would either call a friend in another state to punt for him, or he would contact a bookie to bet elsewhere.

“Bookies have always been around. I have never bothered with them before when there were licensed outlets,” he said.

On Nov 14, 2021, Sanusi announced that the state government would neither approve new gambling licences nor renew existing licences once they expire.

In March last year, Kedah local government committee chairman Datuk Dr Mohd Hayati Othman said the licence for gambling premises under the Number Forecast Operator Agents and association clubs in the state were allowed to continue until Dec 31 as approved by the Finance Ministry.

He hoped the perators would make good use of the period given to find alternative business to build a sustainable income.