• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Karma of suicide ?

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
As a side note : even if a person becomes a psychotic post-mortem for a long period of time, the part of him/her that remains in the extraphysical during the duration of the physical incarnation, ie. the higher self, can continue to function consciously (as has been done throughout the physical incarnation), but is awaiting (some patiently, some more anxiously) for the psychotic post-mortem consciousness of soul fragment, to reintegrate back with it/him/her, to be whole again and prepare for the next physical incarnation.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks, bushtucker bro. Waiting for the 24hr limit to expire.

"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."

james1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, bushtucker bro. Waiting for the 24hr limit to expire.

"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."

So you die without a funeral rites or proper burial also can reincarnate.

I wanna ask you another question about Karma/retribution thingy becos yesterday in the Cell group gathering got 2 camps of differing views.

If a mentally-insane person commits sinful acts, will he still suffer bad karma or retribution in his this same lifetime?

I'm just curious.

Was having this discussion with a cell group yesterday and there were differing views from the members in the cell group.

Buddhists believe in Karma so if a mentally-insane or mentally-disturbed person commits sinful/wicked acts but he commited these wicked/sinful acts under a mentally-disturbed mind or mentally-unsound mind, then will he still suffer Bad Karma or retribution in his this SAME lifetime or not?

There's this new elderly member in the cell group, he had a mentally-disturbed son, his son would sometimes beat up his parents. Hence that elderly person wanted to know will his mentally-disturbed son suffer retribution later in his this same lifetime for beating up his own parents or not? But note he said his son commited this unfilial sinful acts when his mind is mentally-disturbed and not of sound mind.

Last edited:

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So you die without a funeral rites or proper burial also can reincarnate.
I wanna ask you another question about Karma/retribution thingy becos yesterday in the Cell group gathering got 2 camps of differing views.
If a mentally-insane person commits sinful acts, will he still suffer bad karma or retribution in his this same lifetime?
I'm just curious. Was having this discussion with a cell group yesterday and there were differing views from the members in the cell group.
Buddhists believe in Karma so if a mentally-insane or mentally-disturbed person commits sinful/wicked acts but he commited these wicked/sinful acts under a mentally-disturbed mind or mentally-unsound mind, then will he still suffer Bad Karma or retribution in his this SAME lifetime or not?
There's this new elderly member in the cell group, he had a mentally-disturbed son, his son would sometimes beat up his parents. Hence that elderly person wanted to know will his mentally-disturbed son suffer retribution later in his this same lifetime for beating up his own parents or not? But note he said his son commited this unfilial sinful acts when his mind is mentally-disturbed and not of sound mind.

Two things : first of all, whether the karma is completely balanced out in this lifetime, depends on many factors, primarily opportunity. Cases of trival karma are readily balanced anytime, and often settled within this same lifetime. For more severe karmic cases, eg. serial murder, torture, wartime atrocities, or very good karma of large magnitudes involving saving or improving hundreds or thousands of lives, obviously one lifetime will not be enough to completely work or balance it out. Opportunity to completely work out or balance or evolve karma, often then proceeds over several (or even many) lifetimes. So summary answer : depends on complexity of karma, and opportunity to work it out completely.

Next, on mental insanity. Note that there are no coincidences of a major type, certainly being psychopathic is a major trait that leaves no room for random chance. As such, the soul has chosen (some more willingly, some more reluctantly) to experience a lifetime of psychopathy, including (in the karmic contract) agreeing (again, some more willingly, some more relunctantly) to accept and take on any and all karma that results, directly or indirectly, from the psychopathy, including the karma from violence, brutality, abuse of others, even murder, etc.

To some extent, all of us who chose (happily or otherwise) to incarnate into physicality (again, some less evolved souls incarnate more reluctantly, while the more evolved souls incarnate more willingly), have implicitly accepted (don't like also bo pian, got to accept) that being physical inadvertantly and invariably involves a lot of pain, suffering, and incurring more karma of all sorts. It's a business decision, all businesses involve investment, and the returns may or may not result in profit, commonly enough significant loss, or even bankruptcy. Its the rules of the game, whether it's a business venture or physical incarnation.

To get ahead in business including spiritual business, live your life wisely, and you get to grow and progress (twin goals of physical incarnation : evolution and assistantiality; after each person dies, he/she/you will be asked in your Life Review, along the lines of : "In this lifetime just over, what have you learnt, and who have you helped?"), and generate more helpful, ethical, positive karma, than destructive, unethical, negative karma. More profits than losses in your spiritual business.

Why would a soul want to kena or incarnate into, a diseased body and/or mind? For karmic reasons of course. The soul may have negative karma in this area, and reluctantly require (ie. advised by the teachers, guides & helpers, evolutionary orientor, etc) the experience of such a problematic lifetime. It could be that the soul is undergoing a test, to see if it can, trapped in a psychotic mind, exercise the inner strength to overcome the sadistic, violent and murderous tendencies that the diseased mind, including DNA genetics and/or planned events that cause psychotic trauma, brings to the consciousness, as a karmic test (this is just one of many possibilities; karma is complex and there are always multiple possibilities to consider : two persons in similar situations or circumstances may have completely different underlying karma, one very good karma, one very bad karma; so do not judge others, but empathize, sympathize and assist as best you can).

Another two points at this juncture :
Karma is complex, and there are many levels and aspects of what humans call Karma. One aspect is what you would consider Consequences alone (regardless of intentions). The other aspect, is what you would consider Intentions alone (regardless of consequences). In actuality from a higher viewpoint, both aspects apply simultaneously, automatically and non-judgementally. That is to say, no 'god' or beings of external authority (including your guides & helpers, your Council of Elders, Evolutionary Orientor, etc) judges you or decrees that you deserve such-and-such a karma. Karma is automatic, a natural reflex action of the universe, therefore whatever your actions & intentions and their consequences are, they are collectively called work or "karma", and is your soul's personal contribution to the universe. So karma is not punishment pinned or forced artificially onto anyone, karma is simply the work of whatever you do, the consequence unto yourself, others and the universe.

So, in the case of a psychotic individual, and the kind of karma incurred; we've already considered some of the underlying possibilities, of why any soul would want to incarnate into a psychotic mind or diseased body, ie. it's a karmic arrangement, and not a coincidence or accident. Putting the underlying motivations aside then; it is accurate to say that whether the individual is of sound mind or disturbed mind when commiting those actions (either helpful or harmful, ethical or unethical, 'good' or 'bad', etc), it does not matter, in the sense that the karma is automatic, and automatically and simultaneously considers both factors (of Consequence and Intention) :

Consequences :
If the consequences are ethical, helpful, positive, then by definition of Karma (ie. work), the consequence-karma is accordingly ethical, helpful, positive.
If the consequences are unethical, harmful, negative, then by definition of Karma (ie. work), the consequence-karma is accordingly unethical, harmful, negative.

Intentions :
If the intentions are ethical, helpful, positive, then by definition of Karma (ie. work), the intention-karma is accordingly ethical, helpful, positive.
If the intentions are unethical, harmful, negative, then by definition of Karma (ie. work), the intention-karma is accordingly unethical, harmful, negative.

Karma is highly complex and multi-layered, and it's not simply about Consequence and Intention as humans understand this; but in the context of this discussion, these two are the most relevant factors that will suffice for us to consider.

Physiocrat

Alfrescian
Loyal
1.Thanks to UltimaOnline for sharing.
2.Its not intended to end up in this section of religion but as a matter of fact it did. So lets just end this thread.

Kinanna

Alfrescian
Loyal
1.Thanks to UltimaOnline for sharing.
2.Its not intended to end up in this section of religion but as a matter of fact it did. So lets just end this thread.

He is just as deluded as you are. The hogwash he is spouting is from his own arse. Karma is sin no other way to paint it in some twenty paragraph bs.
We all will die and answer for our actions.

Physiocrat

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is just as deluded as you are. The hogwash he is spouting is from his own arse. Karma is sin no other way to paint it in some twenty paragraph bs.
We all will die and answer for our actions.

For me ,I am not too concerned with the afterlife aspect ,accounting for our sins etc.
What I am interested to know is the logic /rationale behind the labeling of suicide as sin/bad. How do you arrive at that? Whether your answer is religious or not does not matter.Whats the reason from your point of view?

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
I-believe-in-karma.jpg

Last edited:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should we stop helping people when they are in trouble ? Isn't that their own karma ? So if its his own karma are we going against the karma law when we help them ?

Physiocrat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Follow your heart and do as you deem fit. Good / Evil is a relative concept which is a all too human perspective.
Knowing that there are things you don't know is one thing; Claiming to know everything like religions do is quite another

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
today at toa pay yoa..eating porridge.
A blind person with a stick called me sir..care to donate..
my thought: she is blind..but can see i am a sir....blind or no blind?
never the less, i follow my heart.give her $2
I have done my part..regardless of whether my donation goes to the right person.the act counts

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Follow your heart and do as you deem fit. Good / Evil is a relative concept which is a all too human perspective.
Knowing that there are things you don't know is one thing; Claiming to know everything like religions do is quite another

I doubt there are many religious people who claim to know everything. .in fact I think we r all searching for the truth ..
In the bible it is said "seek and ye shall find"
In the Quran it is said "truth stands out clear from error"
So...research all scripture and decide for yourselves ..this is only one life we lead .we should all seek out thr truth .

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
today at toa pay yoa..eating porridge.
A blind person with a stick called me sir..care to donate..
my thought: she is blind..but can see i am a sir....blind or no blind?
never the less, i follow my heart.give her $2
I have done my part..regardless of whether my donation goes to the right person.the act counts

The act counts? It's your own self-delusion, that's all.

Physiocrat

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubt there are many religious people who claim to know everything. .in fact I think we r all searching for the truth ..
In the bible it is said "seek and ye shall find"
In the Quran it is said "truth stands out clear from error"
So...research all scripture and decide for yourselves ..this is only one life we lead .we should all seek out thr truth .

There is a human limitation ~ both intellectually and physically.
Physically, we are all going to die. Physically, we can't fly like birds do. I accept that.
Intellectually , there are things beyond our capacity to understand. I am ok with that as well.

We are all different each with their own free will, hobbies and capabilities.

PS: Perhaps you are the special one with extraordinary intelligence and can grasp stuff which majority can't. So what are you going to do? Go enforce your ideas upon others? E=MC sq till now I also dun understand. What works for you or interests you may not work or interests others. You may be capable of lifting a 100kg stone but that does not mean I can. Are you going to try force me to do the same and have me crushed while doing so? Whatever you know and is capable of is your own individual unique attributes. In a "sick" way, you are alone. We all are. Face it. Humans can never escape Loneliness.

Physiocrat

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be more accurate, Its not only religion. I too find Confucianism repulsive. There isn't any explanation required frankly. I just find all forms of Dogma disgusting.
The below website basically sums up my attitude.
http://mentalanarchy.com/

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No need to analyse so much. The fact you're born without your explicit consent, is already a clear sign that you do not decide anything in your life.

Physiocrat

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need to analyse so much. The fact you're born without your explicit consent, is already a clear sign that you do not decide anything in your life.

That's an interesting thought which makes suicide even more interesting.
You can't control your birth date but you can sure goddamn decide your death.

Physiocrat

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is always a tendency for humans to look at history, religion, philosophy seeking some logic , rationale to justify their acts. A form of self reconciliation to feel better.
E.G, Rapist can always quote "God ask me to be fruitful and multiply"
Cannibal can always quote "cannibalism would solve both world hunger and overpopulation."

For that reason, I would like to propose a few of my favorites for those who needed them for motivation.

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”― Genghis Khan

“May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.” ― George S. Patton

"神擋殺神,佛阻殺佛" ― unknown chink

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's an interesting thought which makes suicide even more interesting.
You can't control your birth date but you can sure goddamn decide your death.

No, you dun decide your death. Those who commit suicide are those whose lives had become untenable.
In a nutshell, their lives had ceased to provide the meaning for their existence. If life had not left them, they
would not had committed suicide. When life becomes meaningless, it is time to die. Life wants an end to itself.
It decided for you. Your act of committing suicide is determined by your life, not you. If you're in control of
your life, you would not choose suicide.

Everyday, life wants to end itself. You're still living each day solely because you refused to let your life dies.
Simple as that.

Physiocrat

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, you dun decide your death. Those who commit suicide are those whose lives had become untenable.
In a nutshell, their lives had ceased to provide the meaning for their existence. If life had not left them, they
would not had committed suicide. When life becomes meaningless, it is time to die. Life wants an end to itself.
It decided for you. Your act of committing suicide is determined by your life, not you. If you're in control of
your life, you would not choose suicide.

Everyday, life wants to end itself. You're still living each day solely because you refused to let your life dies.
Simple as that.

Do not quite get your flow there. But I do have plans as to how I will die when the meaning is no longer there. Unless something unexpected like killed by robber happens, Most likely I will exit with drug over dosage.爽死。