• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

job offer: $50 to queue up for bak kwa

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
heres_a_job_offer_you_wont_see_often-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer Bee was amused to see a post on facebook that was looking for people who are willing to get paid to queue up for barbequed pork, or more popularly known as Bak Kwa.

The 'job advert' was posted on the social networking site by a woman, who claims her company is willing to pay three individuals $50 each for a "1 day job" to queue up for the Chinese delicacy at a Lim Chee Guan outlet.

Although Bak Kwa is widely available throughout the year, it is usually highly sought-after for the Chinese New Year season.

When the post went up, a netizen labelled the move as an "extreme" one, and that it was the "first time I see people hired to queue (for) bak kwa", to which the woman replied: "We can't ask employees to queue ma..Cuz we need to work.. That's why we need to hire ppl".

In her report, STOMPer Bee wrote:

"Bak Kwa hype.

"$50 per day, anyone?"

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the way bak kwa prices are going crazy,,,why dont go and eat it after CNY? dont have to eat it on the 1st 3 days right? i do like bak kwa,,but the way things are going crazy,,i will rather wait and it it later,,and can eat it anytime of the year,,why must eat now ah? not like mandarins where its only in season now

jw5

Loyal
the way bak kwa prices are going crazy,,,why dont go and eat it after CNY? dont have to eat it on the 1st 3 days right? i do like bak kwa,,but the way things are going crazy,,i will rather wait and it it later,,and can eat it anytime of the year,,why must eat now ah? not like mandarins where its only in season now

Never understood why people had to queue to eat bak kwa at exorbitant prices during CNY either, and I don't even like bak kwa.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Never understood why people had to queue to eat bak kwa at exorbitant prices during CNY either, and I don't even like bak kwa.

aiyah don't be a sour grape lah
you don't like to eat your business
bak kwa is the best meat during lny
got extra flavour
no bak kwa no lunar new year
like no crispy new notes anymore:(
no fire-crackers , no new notes,
no bak kwa...what lunar new year:(
singapore no more huat liao lah...

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I love to eat Bak Kwa,,,but it can be gotten anytime,,so i dont see why must eat it during CNY

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Each run up to CNY, i'd pay KamaL & his BangLadeshi friends 30bucks each to Q at the Kim Peng Hiang Bakwa
outLet aLong Changi Road..:wink:
Lim Chee Guan & whatever other Guans'; not fight with this One..:smile:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you are a vegetarian, you will not have such headaches and problems.

Saw the advertisement on top of a vegetarian food stall, no egg, no milk, no garlic, no onion?? what do they eat? vegetables, flour, oil & gluten, very unhealthy.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Serve guests during CNY, or give them away as gifts.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Saw the advertisement on top of a vegetarian food stall, no egg, no milk, no garlic, no onion?? what do they eat? vegetables, flour, oil & gluten, very unhealthy.

Why does vegetarian food have no garlic and no onion? Are garlic and onion new kinds of meat?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why does vegetarian food have no garlic and no onion? Are garlic and onion new kinds of meat?

i eat garlic and onion too . the no garlic and no onion concept is the chinese buddhism concept. It is a religious thing.