• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious [Job Change] would you leave a happy stable job, good boss, good colleagues, interesting job for another narrower job scope, lone contributor for 30%?

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Facing a dilemma, 30% in PMET position can mean a lot. Manager to senior manager.

Mega MNC to Big MNC. Current is euro-asian culture, other is german culture.

Current company minimal politics, happy work environment, i look forward to go work everyday. Not a lot of chance to advance but remuneration is quite good anyway.

Other opportunity is more of lone contributor, seem more relax but lonely atmosphere, but give 30% more

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Facing a dilemma, 30% in PMET position can mean a lot. Manager to senior manager.

Mega MNC to Big MNC. Current is euro-asian culture, other is german culture.

Current company minimal politics, happy work environment, i look forward to go work everyday. Not a lot of chance to advance but remuneration is quite good anyway.

Other opportunity is more of lone contributor, seem more relax but lonely atmosphere, but give 30% more
unless you’re almost indispensible super duper uber r&d or subject matter sexpert contributor with peer reviewed papers and journals to your credit it’s better to go for the vp and better still cxo position (ceo, cfo, coo, cmo, cio, cto). sexperience in those high budget positions and strategic decision making jobs will cast you in the top 6.9% cxo head hunting category.

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
unless you’re almost indispensible super duper uber r&d or subject matter sexpert contributor with peer reviewed papers and journals to your credit it’s better to go for the vp and better still cxo position (ceo, cfo, coo, cmo, cio, cto). sexperience in those high budget positions and strategic decision making jobs will cast you in the top 6.9% cxo head hunting category.

Wall of text but don't get your point.

I already said "manager to senior manager " but in big tech companies

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wall of text but don't get your point.

I already said "manager to senior manager " but in big tech companies
aiyah, after so many years you still kucing kurap lah in chink run firm. better to join krauts and commit to management path and take the manager job. it’s a path to director then vp.

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyah, after so many years you still kucing kurap lah in chink run firm. better to join krauts and commit to management path and take the manager job. it’s a path to director then vp.

I not into management la, even senior manager in german also individual contributor role

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I not into management la, even senior manager in german also individual contributor role
germans assign the title for pay grade. senior manager with the higher pay but without managing direct employees is the best role. self driven, initiative, good work ethic, problem solver, no slacking, and they sexpect solid results from you and you alone. can shine and get promoted if you’re the ambitious type. having more than 6.9 direct reports as a manager or director is one of the worst roles in a big company. not only must manage their work but also divide the roles responsibilities and the spoils. one report complains about low bonus and short term incentive while another kpkb about low pay increase and low starting pay. machiam becum their hr agent.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
End of the day u r working for yourself to pay for your own bills and debts. Or to save as much as you can for old age and retirement.
Decision is yours and not for others to choose what's right or not right for you.

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
End of the day u r working for yourself to pay for your own bills and debts. Or to save as much as you can for old age and retirement.
Decision is yours and not for others to choose what's right or not right for you.

Another wall of text that doesnt provide value. What is happening to Singapore education system?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol if u don’t work for money u are a retard. Colleagues and good boss? When things go bad, u see if they are still ‘good’ to you. Don’t be a clown. If u are a fresh grad exploring paths then I can still understand. U are probably some old 30s - 40s fella and u still talk about feeling good? Lol

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you have to agonise so much than the new job is not for you.
Titles mean nothing, its the tangible perks like company car, driver, personal secretary, own room , golf club membership, entertainment allowance , first class /business class travel entitlement , medical benefits ect2 that show your standing in the company

Last edited:

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol if u don’t work for money u are a retard. Colleagues and good boss? When things go bad, u see if they are still ‘good’ to you. Don’t be a clown. If u are a fresh grad exploring paths then I can still understand. U are probably some old 30s - 40s fella and u still talk about feeling good? Lol

Moi change too many jobs, looking for place to be stable...

To be honest give higher pay, but can you work there for long?

Current company people can work for >20-25 yrs in same company.

Changing job also very tiring. I also not young...energy level to re-adapt not high

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another wall of text that doesnt provide value. What is happening to Singapore education system?
Lol. Wall of text? If you had some semblance of critical thinking skills, you wouldn't be here asking strangers for career advice.
And what's with the "moi"? Did you migrate from hwz edmw?