• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Jialat! SG not attractive to FTs anymore! Expect Less Good Jobs!

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
If we let them they go drive up the property prices else where. What a great loss! :confused:
In fact, property prices (both private and public housing) are still affordable in Singapore if you compare with similar ranking countries around the world. This is also partly due to the frequent cooling measures taken by the government to keep prices in check. Whatever, it is normal to expect housing prices to have gradual increases due to inflation and also due to the supply and demand status.

Once our stability and recognition as a sound banking and financial hub is eroded, it will be very hard to win it back again. This is of utmost importance to Singapore and also to Sinkies.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
This report is already 6-8 months late. Many foreigners have already left after prolonged border shutdown. It's not really about tight restriction in Singapore; comparing to other countries, Singapore has been very open and friendly when it comes to quarantine (5-star hotels and even allowing families to be quarantined together).

The real problem is about going out of Singapore. We are a regional hub, and if you cannot travel, then there really is no reasons keeping a regional hub in Singapore. It didn't help when Singapore's flip-flopping policy got us listed as high risk countries with our Asian neighbours. When the border loosen up a year ago, we've been deploying resources overseas where we get 80% of our business. Since 3 months ago, we started reducing local headcount and re-hiring the roles in key countries like China, Japan and ANZ because we have no luck getting visa approved for travel to these countries.

Dealing with COVID control is not the answer to Singapore's problem now as we are way beyond that. What the government needs to do, if it is smart enough, is to strengthen other reasons why foreigners will want to stay here ~ namely tax, benefits and cost of living; and we are failing in all aspect..
  1. We cut incentives for foreigner hire.
  2. We killed entertainment ~ red light districts, pubs, bars, KTVs
  3. We made cost of living higher ~ rent went supernova, inflation across the board in an already expensive country
The biggest contributor to foreigner's pain now is rent. It now takes up almost 30-50% of their salary before all other expenses and tax kicks in.

In short, we are already screwed badly due to the government's incompetence. With no local enterprises to depend on after years of preferential treatment of foreigner brands and our own GLC/SOE killing local enterprise, Singapore has already started our path downhill. In 10-15 years time, Singaporeans will be looking abroad for work and living while Singapore descend into a backward 3rd world country worse than China's Hainan.
are you sure you picked the right nick? This is pretty good.... :wink:

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
In fact, property prices (both private and public housing) are still affordable in Singapore if
property pricings in Singapore are artificially controlled and is not going according to free market movement. And the pricing is also to feed the agenda of the govt and their incompetent needs. So pls dun tell me what is affordable or not affordable in sg housing when it is artificially controlled. It's BS from that onwards.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
property pricings in Singapore are artificially controlled and is not going according to free market movement. And the pricing is also to feed the agenda of the govt and their incompetent needs. So pls dun tell me what is affordable or not affordable in sg housing when it is artificially controlled. It's BS from that onwards.
For HDB prices I can agree, but definitely not for private housings. You've got your analysis deeply wrong.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
For HDB prices I can agree, but definitely not for private housings. You've got your analysis deeply wrong.
Who cares if i am right or wrong. This is what i am seeing and i strategized my life in a way to avoid bullshit like this, just like how i avoided the vaccine and all the BS PAP covid restrictions.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who cares if i am right or wrong. This is what i am seeing and i strategized my life in a way to avoid bullshit like this, just like how i avoided the vaccine and all the BS PAP covid restrictions.
That's what happens when you cannot reason factually.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's what happens when you cannot reason factually.
i am doing pretty well in spite of all the BS happening. Thank you very much. Unvaxx, free, happy and have money to spend. plus no health issues and engage in my own hobbies daily.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

In Asia, hiring in tech sector is booming

BEIJING - Hiring in the technology sectors in several countries in Asia is booming, even as regulatory clampdowns on the industry have dampened employment sentiment in China, the world's second largest economy after the United States.
Companies are dangling perks, such as workcations, to draw talent, with many continuing to hire remote positions or bringing in expatriates amid the pandemic.
Last year, bonuses at Bharat Pe in India included BMW bikes, Apple AirPods and Samsung Galaxy watches. The fintech start-up, which has some 100 engineers, also offered employees workcations in Dubai during the cricket World Cup in a move to retain workers. Local media reports noted that tech firms in India are expected to raise salaries or counter offers by up to 120 per cent this year to attract and retain talent with niche skills.
Mr Harshvendra Soin, global chief people officer and marketing head at multinational firm Tech Mahindra, told The Sunday Times: "2021 was the year of digitalisation (due to the pandemic), and 2022 will be a year of recalibrating talent to address the demand for niche skills and digitally adept employees."
The top five IT software firms in India - TCS, Infosys, Wipro, HCL Tech and Tech Mahindra - hired 122,546 workers between April and September last year, The Economic Times in India reported.
Tech Mahindra expects to double its talent supply in digital technologies such as artificial intelligence, cloud technology and blockchain by sending its current employees for training and "looking for fresh talent in Tier-2 and Tier-3 cities and overseas", said Mr Soin, referring to cities with a population of one million or fewer.
Another big firm, Wipro, told ST in a statement that it has hired 17,500 new graduates so far in its current financial year. It is looking to hire 30,000 fresh graduates in its next financial year.

In the Philippines, job openings in the tech sector grew by 37 per cent, according to recruitment firm Michael Page. The company said in an October report last year: "Companies in the Philippines have adapted to the pandemic and are going ahead with their previously paused business plans."
It added that the shift to working from home has also raised demand for technology workers who are skilled in setting up remote workstations.
The Philippine Labour Ministry said in a jobs report for this year that IT and business process management will continue to generate the most jobs in the country.

Firms are also hiring more IT-related workers such as software engineers, website developers and network administrators, it added. For example, power-generating companies recorded a 39 per cent increase in IT hires last year, with roles such as programmers and testers being the most sought after.
The tech sector in Indonesia is still growing and in need of more and experienced talent, said Mr Rachmat Kaimuddin, a special adviser for technology and sustainability development to a senior minister.
Currently, IT engineers in Indonesia are not as experienced as those in the US, given that Indonesia's first-generation big tech companies such as ride-hailing app Gojek and e-commerce giants Tokopedia and Bukalapak have been around for about 10 to 12 years only, compared with mature behemoths such as Microsoft, Yahoo and Google, he added.
Still, the country's tech industry has grown quickly, with hundreds of firms these days compared with several companies about a decade ago, he said, adding: "We must encourage further growth (in the IT talent pool)."

More On This Topic

Massive shortage of tech talent looms as Asia takes to digitalisation

Why global tech turns to Indian talent

Tech companies and government officials in Indonesia told ST that firms are resorting to hiring talent who can work remotely, such as those living in the US, India, Singapore and Canada, to fill the talent gap, adding that some firms will also bring in expatriates, when necessary.
They expect Indonesia's talent pool to need at least 10 years before reaching maturity.
Some firms also choose to nurture the local talent. For example, Bukalapak has been sponsoring training for its younger employees in technology-related roles.
In China, however, a series of regulatory clampdowns last year, including a ban on after-school tutoring firms and anti-monopoly and cyber-security blitzes, have hit technology companies such as Tencent, Alibaba and Didi hard.
New Oriental Education, China's largest edutech firm, retrenched 60,000 employees after Beijing outlawed after-school tuition in July last year, its founder Yu Minhong said in a social media post earlier this month. ByteDance, the owner of TikTok and its Chinese twin Douyin, has retrenched between 20 and 40 per cent of its staff, while iQiyi, one of China's largest video platforms, let more than 20 per cent of its employees go.
Graduates are also shunning the technology sector - known for its punishing "996" culture - for more stable positions in the civil service. The term "996" refers to how employees, particularly those in the tech sector, are expected to work from 9am to 9pm, six days a week.
Mr Rou Jingxiong, 30, a former programmer in a US-listed Chinese social networking company, is considering taking the civil service examination after being retrenched from Internet firms at least twice in the past three years.
"I'm so tired of the uncertainty. Internet companies are very results-driven to begin with, and the clampdowns have worsened matters," he told ST.

Source: https://www.straitstimes.com/busine...tion-in-asia-hiring-in-tech-sector-is-booming

As I've said before, if Sinkies will still resent the government from allowing qualified foreign PMETs to come in, very soon, it's time to say Sayonara to the Sinkie economy and nobody is going to sympathize with Sinkies because they had brought this to themselves. Don't just talk about India, but even the Philippines and Indonesia are upping the ante now. Stop procrastinating because time and tide wait for no man.

ChanRasjid

Alfrescian
Loyal
If we have too many foreigners, we set a yearly maximum quota for next five years. If traffic jams are bad, we set a maximum quota limit for yearly car increase. If times are tough, we increase minimum wages across the board for Singaporeans every year for the next five years.

"Einstein's E=mc² Is Invalid"
Chan Rasjid Kah Chew,
Singapore.
http://www.emc2fails.com

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
If a Malaysian EP holder in Facebook Singapore was denied a renewal of his EP but can get re-employed at Facebook Dublin and subsequently in Facebook DC Washington presently, then I think there is something very wrong with our labor laws and regulations.

Sinkies will go on whining of foreign PMETs stealing their jobs, but do they realized that eventually Sinkies themselves will be the losers because if companies can't get their supply of skilled workers, they will eventually leave for better pastures where there are much less restrictions and more welcomed.

It's about time that from the last 2 years of pandemic has proven that even with a lesser foreign workforce, Sinkies are never satisfied. I sincerely appeal to the government and MOM to bring back the days of glory for Singapore, failing which Singapore will never become the epicenter for being the business and financial hub of South East Asia again, just like what Hong Kong is experiencing now.

Frankly, if Sinkies are as claimed to be very good and efficient, then I should be seeing many successful Sinkie setups and companies in the International arena now. This has never and will never be the case because Sinkies are spoiled and too pampered by the Government of Singapore. Take for example in Malaysia, most Malaysian Chinese will want to become their own boss once they have mastered the skills in their trade. On the other hand, Sinkies will just prefer to remain employees forever as they seriously lacked the entrepreneurial and the "daring-to-do" spirits.

I tell you that during my secondary school days, I've already dreamt of the conceptualization of drones. Why, because my classmate was living just 3 streets away and I'd always thought that if I can have a remote controlled helicopter (with realtime feedback video) to go to his house to deliver school notes and materials, it would be very nice. Unfortunately, this technology didn't materialized until recently. Presently, if there will be a company that can provide instant realtime linguistic translation over the phone, I'm sure it'll be another big money spinner because it means that people can communicate Internationally without language restrictions. But I think the mobile phone's CPU processing speeds are still not able to perform such tasks at the moment.

That's the reason I say go fuck yrslf... u write rubbish...

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
IT coding is getting easier to manage and even fool FT can codes. Who need to hard codes html5 and css these days. Plug and play can build a Web page anytime.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
too much money is flooding into sg that the mas has to raise the minimum amount for wealthy foreigners to set up family offices. i had an appointment with a bank in sg to sexplore opening a premier account up on the mezzanine floor, and i came across many foreigners doing likewise. they were all very well dressed while i was in my t, shorts, and flip flops. looked down on the main floor, and a horde of sinkies were waiting their turns to be called to counters. meanwhile, i was ushered into a luxurious private suite by chiobu banking officer with choice of beverage being served by auntie who dressed and looked like the ho.