• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB/SG Crimewatch

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporean robber and gang nabbed

JOHOR BARU: A Singaporean, believed to be the supremo of a group of parang-armed robbers, and his accomplices have been arrested by Johor police within 24 hours of preying on two of his countrymen.

Police said that in the first case, two men, including the supremo, broke into a house in Taman Setia Tropika at about 2.30am on July 31 armed with parang and threatened to harm the victim if he did not do as they demanded.

The suspects escaped with the victim’s BMW, insurance documents, ATM cards, driving licence, handphones, two passports and RM500.

Hours later, police received a report from a man in Taman Pelangi who was robbed by two parang-wielding men at about 6.45am.

The victim lost a laptop, identification documents, ATM cards, a Singaporean passport, a car and RM500 and $1,000 (RM2,549).

State police chief Senior Deputy Comm Datuk Mohd Mokhtar Mohd Shariff said police conducted raids in Dato Onn, Larkin and Taman Setia Tropika at about 11pm that day and arrested the supremo and three suspects, aged between 23 and 53.

Twinnigal

Alfrescian
Loyal
OMG!!! How are we going to convince more SG people to live in JB under such conditions?

Singaporean robber and gang nabbed

JOHOR BARU: A Singaporean, believed to be the supremo of a group of parang-armed robbers, and his accomplices have been arrested by Johor police within 24 hours of preying on two of his countrymen.

Police said that in the first case, two men, including the supremo, broke into a house in Taman Setia Tropika at about 2.30am on July 31 armed with parang and threatened to harm the victim if he did not do as they demanded.

The suspects escaped with the victim’s BMW, insurance documents, ATM cards, driving licence, handphones, two passports and RM500.

Hours later, police received a report from a man in Taman Pelangi who was robbed by two parang-wielding men at about 6.45am.

The victim lost a laptop, identification documents, ATM cards, a Singaporean passport, a car and RM500 and $1,000 (RM2,549).

State police chief Senior Deputy Comm Datuk Mohd Mokhtar Mohd Shariff said police conducted raids in Dato Onn, Larkin and Taman Setia Tropika at about 11pm that day and arrested the supremo and three suspects, aged between 23 and 53.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
OMG!!! How are we going to convince more SG people to live in JB under such conditions?

As you can see not all thieves are Malaysian, it seems your thieves follow you even to JB.......it is very disturbing indeed, especially Setia Tropika which I thought was relatively safe. In time to come this may fuel condo demand as they are going to have a harder time getting away if they strike.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
The latest news of car bomb although not in Johor is a worrying trend. Even if we small frys an innocent bystander will get hurt. I really hope the authorities get these under control.

BMSKE44

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maybe the JB property investors should change tact and market to the Singapore's Ah Longs to move their operation to JB as it is becoming harder for them to operate in SG.mAnd they are rich able to afford bungalows in JB.

Like that still can sell JB properties to Singaporeans. Must be be flexible in marketting when the wind changes direction. :smile:. Angthing also can for ardent marketers!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eh? How you know??? that's what they wanted me to do!!! told me to install my own camera... and you know what??? they told me that even if they can identify the culprit, I would still need to get a magistrates order before they can arrest that guy??? so I was like WTF for the third time.

if I need to do all these things myself, then why do I even bother to go to the station to lodge a report???

I lived in USA and Canada for 6 years. I thought the police there are useless. little did I expect our SPF to be also useless and rude. sigh... at least an American citizen has the right to bear arms. he can protect himself. in sg, we are on our own.

It also depends on who u r.

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just go to Johor Clay Target Shooting Association (JCTSA) and sign up as member. Do a few training then apply licensed A at your local police station. Once you got the licensed sorted go to http://www.teguhbudimas.com.my/ver2/ get yourself a Glock 36 and a safe locker, easy to conceal. Life reassurance sorted.

Thats what I'll do when we move over there.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Reading all these reports on crimes, break in....frankly, i would rather my precinct or my neighbourhood are 95% msian residents. If possible 100% msians. I do not want to have Sinkies or FTs spending only weekends at my precinct. I dont feel comfortable seeing empty houses on most weekdays. I want my neighbours to be committed residents in my neighbourhood. United we stand. Divided we fall.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: IGP’s relatives become victims of armed robbers

Najib better do something. Seriously. It doesnt augers well. For the investors as well as for the citizens. Better start recruiting more police, eradicate corruption starting from top post, monitoring of illegal fire arms, tightening of illegal immigrants from all checkpoints. More to add to list.

In my opinion, their laws must show no sympathy. Anyone caught for armed robbery and murdering (and their accomplices included) will automatically be given the death sentence. Period.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just go to Johor Clay Target Shooting Association (JCTSA) and sign up as member. Do a few training then apply licensed A at your local police station. Once you got the licensed sorted go to http://www.teguhbudimas.com.my/ver2/ get yourself a Glock 36 and a safe locker, easy to conceal. Life reassurance sorted.

Thats what I'll do when we move over there.
mind you, i don't think it's legal for any members of the public to go around carrying a glock in public, or keep it at home. is it? :confused:

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reading all these reports on crimes, break in....frankly, i would rather my precinct or my neighbourhood are 95% msian residents. If possible 100% msians. I do not want to have Sinkies or FTs spending only weekends at my precinct. I dont feel comfortable seeing empty houses on most weekdays. I want my neighbours to be committed residents in my neighbourhood. United we stand. Divided we fall.

That's probably true.. problem is that a lot of the Malaysian nowadays are working in Singapore.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: IGP’s relatives become victims of armed robbers

In my opinion, their laws must show no sympathy. Anyone caught for armed robbery and murdering (and their accomplices included) will automatically be given the death sentence. Period.

Or alternatively CHOP OFF THEIR HANDS for robbery. Murder case CHOP OFF THEIR HEAD (like pau chin tian) if really want to scare off those would be criminals!:smile:

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
mind you, i don't think it's legal for any members of the public to go around carrying a glock in public, or keep it at home. is it? :confused:

Thats what the category A firearm license for. As long as you dont have a doggy background and a good reason for it. Like joining a gun club for life.