• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB/SG Crimewatch

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
that's a disturbing thought.. maybe one day it will become similar to Philippine

Hopefully not. Sadly it seem like the situation getting worst by the day. Unless the governor really do something drastic.

Saying that Malaysia still relatively safer than the US. General citizens are very friendly. Thats always some bad apples on the tree.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hopefully not. Sadly it seem like the situation getting worst by the day. Unless the governor really do something drastic.

Saying that Malaysia still relatively safer than the US. General citizens are very friendly. Thats always some bad apples on the tree.

but you're contributing to the sad state by intending to carry a gun yourself! I believe that's what cow138 is alluding to.

Last edited:

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
but you're contributing to the sad state by intending to carry a gun yourself! I believe that's what cow138 is alluding to.

In an ideal safe country no one need to defend them self with weapons. Sadly thats what Malaysia is heading in to unsafe.

I rather live with a gun in the house, instead of begging on Orchard Road with my family.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
In an ideal safe country no one need to defend them self with weapons. Sadly thats what Malaysia is heading in to unsafe.

I rather live with a gun in the house, instead of begging on Orchard Road with my family.

well, forgive me for saying that it all sounds rather cockamamie to me. It reads good in theory, until you put the thing in practice. OK, someone breaks into your house, you shoot the guy from the back? Or you brandish the gun, he fires back and so on, in the house. If he dies, you going to use self defence in court? How are you going to prove that your action was entirely necessary, given the circumstances? And you're getting a licensed firearm for sporting reasons when you apply for the gun permit from the royal malaysian police? So you can't use it for self defence at home, right? And so on.

Anyway, to each his own. I'm not judging anyone here.

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
well, forgive me for saying that it all sounds rather cockamamie to me. It reads good in theory, until you put the thing in practice. OK, someone breaks into your house, you shoot the guy from the back? Or you brandish the gun, he fires back and so on, in the house. If he dies, you going to use self defence in court? How are you going to prove that your action was entirely necessary, given the circumstances? And you're getting a licensed firearm for sporting reasons when you apply for the gun permit from the royal malaysian police? So you can't use it for self defence at home, right? And so on.

Anyway, to each his own. I'm not judging anyone here.

Oh dear I think you thinking too far and complicate thing. You not in European country, not even in Singapore. Thats no human right apply in Malaysia. Licensed cat A have the right to own a firearm at your own premise.

teega

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ben Yuen Hui, Shaun Ho
The Star/Asia News Network

Monday, Aug 12, 2013

KUALA LUMPUR - A video showing a man being attacked by five armed robbers in front of dozens of onlookers has gone viral on social media sites.

The time and date of the incident were unclear, but the clip has been circulating as early as July 14, and the crime scene was speculated to be either the Klang Valley or Johor Baru.

In the video lasting less than a minute, five men wearing ski-masks are seen shouting and waving their parang at the victim, whose car had fallen into a drain by the side of a busy road.

Many passers-by sounded their car horns or shouted at the robbers in an attempt to scare them away, but their efforts failed.

No one was seen getting out of their vehicles to help the victim.

After taking an undisclosed amount of cash and valuables from the victim, the robbers fled in three vehicles - a white pick-up truck, a white Perodua Viva and an unidentified black car with accomplices waiting inside.

An eyewitness recorded the incident on video from the oppo*-site lane and posted it on the Internet.

Police in Kuala Lumpur and Johor said they were not aware of the case.

Nusajaya OCPD Supt Noor Hashim Mohamad said police had not received any report about the incident in the video, while Kuala Lumpur CID chief Senior Asst Comm Datuk Ku Chin Wah said he was not aware of such a case in the city.

-------------------------------------------

I read today that one serious crime police officer gun was stolen while he was sleeping in the car.. I mean what the heck!! I mean if you are a new police office kena this.. big-hearted citizens might still forgive you.. For God sake.. you are a "serious crime police officer" and your pistol kena stolen by robbers!!! What the shit

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2013/08/12/police-sergeant-major-loses-gun-to-robber-while-sleeping.aspx

Seriously what is going on in Malaysia lately???

Last edited:

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal
I came across an article on The Straits Times last Thursday with regards to owning arms in Malaysia.

http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big...ysia-guns-tough-get-not-black-market-20130808

SPECIAL FEATURE ON GUN LAWS
In Malaysia: Guns tough to get - but not on black market

The recent series of public shootings in Malaysia has raised questions about access to firearms. ST's regional bureaus take a closer look at gun laws in the region, and the laws in place to restrict them.

By Yong Yen Nie, Malaysia Correspondent in Kuala Lumpur

IT IS not easy to buy firearms legally in Malaysia and some say it is easier to get one on the black market.

Someone who wants to buy a gun has to obtain a permit from a local police station, which can take up to two years.

Mr Kamis Yunos, a weapon sales executive in Petaling Jaya, Selangor, said the company has few walk-in customers given the strict requirements. Demand for weapons mainly comes from government or quasi-government agencies such as the Customs and Anti-Corruption Commission.

Individuals who do purchase guns from the company are usually politicians and businessmen.

"We have to check with the police first to verify the firearms permit before allowing our customers to view the weapons, and even then, we only show them the replica and not the real weapon," he told The Straits Times on Tuesday.

Individuals, he said, usually buy shotguns priced at RM4,000 (S$1,563) and up, as they are lighter and easier to carry than a rifle.

The police do not disclose gun ownership numbers. But according to a 2007 survey by Cambridge University, Malaysia has some 370,000 privately owned firearms, or 1.5 guns per 100 people.

Gun owners have to undergo a fitness test every year, which includes shooting tests, to ensure that they are fit to handle the weapon. "Those found to be unfit will have to surrender their weapons to the police," Mr Yunos said.

Malaysia has among the strictest gun ownership laws globally.

If a person is found guilty of possessing or using a firearm without a permit, he can be fined RM10,000 or jailed up to seven years, or both, as well as whipped. Anyone found guilty of using firearms to hurt or kill someone faces a mandatory death sentence.

Professor P. Sundramoorthy, a criminologist at Universiti Sains Malaysia, said given the strict firearms laws, it puts off most people from owning guns illegally.

"Malaysians face severe consequences for owning guns without permits, let alone use them, so why bother?" he told The Straits Times on Tuesday.

Renting them on the black market, though, is a different matter, crime experts say.

Mr S. Gobi Krishnan, a co-founder of MyWatch, a crimewatch group, said guns can be rented for as little as RM300 for three hours. Bullets are 80 sen each.

"It started as a favour of borrowing guns among friendly groups, then it became rental," Mr Krishnan was quoted as saying to The Malay Mail, an English daily, on Monday.

Meanwhile, Transparency International Malaysia president Akhbar Satar also recently said that one may hire a hitman in Malaysia for as low as RM1,000.

Still, finding a gun on the black market requires some effort.

"You may have to get to know people in the underworld and gangs to get them," said Prof Sundramoorthy.

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the side of this article in the papers, there is a column on rules for owning a gun in Malaysia.

"Must be 18 years old, pass background checks, and provide a good reason for the application.

Must apply for a permit from a local police station, which can take up to two years to obtain.

The gun license must be renewed every year, where the applicant's qualification will be reaccessed."
(Quoted from The Straits Times, page A10, world section, 8th August 2013, Thursday.)

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the side of this article in the papers, there is a column on rules for owning a gun in Malaysia.

"Must be 18 years old, pass background checks, and provide a good reason for the application.

Must apply for a permit from a local police station, which can take up to two years to obtain.

The gun license must be renewed every year, where the applicant's qualification will be reaccessed."
(Quoted from The Straits Times, page A10, world section, 8th August 2013, Thursday.)

the reason for applying for the gun permit must be stated clearly during application. It is either one is member of armed volunteer corp, self defense, in course of running business/ defense of land or sport. If citing self defense, there must be valid reason why one feels needing a gun constitutes self defense requirement. if one has been the target of death threats, for example. If for business, what kind of business? Private security? private farm or plantation owner whose land is prone to wild animal attacks? your subsistence is Dependant on being a Hunter of wild boar in malacca? etc. One should not make the dangerous assumption that there are no laws or human rights in Malaysia at all, versus poor enforcement and general apathy by the RMP. Shoot and kill a robber armed with only a small knife? You take your chances.

Last edited:

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal
the reason for applying for the gun permit must be stated clearly during application. It is either one is member of armed volunteer corp, self defense, in course of running business/ defense of land or sport. If citing self defense, there must be valid reason why one feels needing a gun constitutes self defense requirement. if one has been the target of death threats, for example. If for business, what kind of business? Private security? private farm or plantation owner whose land is prone to wild animal attacks? your subsistence is Dependant on being a Hunter of wild boar in malacca? etc. One should not make the dangerous assumption that there are no laws or human rights in Malaysia at all, versus poor enforcement and general apathy by the RMP. Shoot and kill a robber armed with only a small knife? You take your chances.

Hi Bro malpaso,

Thank you for the above points.

Btw, I didn't make post any comments/assumption about laws and human rights in msia.. u sure u got the right person?

Last edited:

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was serving my NS, my sergeant told me, if you ever have to open fire on a intruder, make sure you shoot to kill. dead man tell no stories. that lesson has stuck in my head till now. if you leave the intruder hurt but alive, its gonna be your words against his. besides, what's stopping him from coming after you once he completes his sentence. You shot him, remember? Anyway, when it comes to death, its always better him than me.

Criminals are criminals for a reason. They are often either desperate with nothing to lose or they have a screw loose in the head and their thought process is haywire or both. Whatever it is, I think its simply economically cheaper to keep yourself safe than to actually have to fight for your survival.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro malpaso,

Thank you for the above points.

Btw, I didn't make post any comments/assumption about laws and human rights in msia.. u sure u got the right person?

i think i just clicked reply and with quote to add to your points about gun permits, but post wasn't directed at anyone , just a general response. apologies if i accidentally made it look like it was in direct reply to you.

Last edited:

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now they go round shooting randomly. All hell has broken loose

Close call for single mother shot by unknown assailant

KUANTAN: A woman had a close shave with death after she was shot by an unknown assailant at a petrol station along Jalan Haji Ahmad here early morning today.

In the 3am incident, the victim was seated inside her Toyota Alphard when the suspect suddenly opened fire towards her vehicle, shattering the driver's side windscreen.

The single mother of four, who was sitting in the driver's seat, suffered cuts from the splinters and managed to drive away from the scene before seeking treatment at the Tengku Ampuan Afzan Hospital here.
image.jpg

The driver's side windscreen of the Toyota Alphard was shattered in the shooting incident at a petrol station. -- NSTP/Halim Mat Ali

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think i just clicked reply and with quote to add to your points about gun permits, but post wasn't directed at anyone , just a general response. apologies if i accidentally made it look like it was in direct reply to you.

Okie, no worries. :smile:

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now they go round shooting randomly. All hell has broken loose

Close call for single mother shot by unknown assailant

KUANTAN: A woman had a close shave with death after she was shot by an unknown assailant at a petrol station along Jalan Haji Ahmad here early morning today.

In the 3am incident, the victim was seated inside her Toyota Alphard when the suspect suddenly opened fire towards her vehicle, shattering the driver's side windscreen.

The single mother of four, who was sitting in the driver's seat, suffered cuts from the splinters and managed to drive away from the scene before seeking treatment at the Tengku Ampuan Afzan Hospital here.
View attachment 11678

The driver's side windscreen of the Toyota Alphard was shattered in the shooting incident at a petrol station. -- NSTP/Halim Mat Ali

Yes, we are on our own. Got to watch our own back. Thats no law enforcement anymore in Malaysia.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another robbery another shooting another death

Restaurant owner shot dead

DUNGUN: A 50-year old restaurant owner was found dead with gunshot wounds in front of his restaurant here this morning.

In the 4.30am incident, Mohamad Lutfi Mansor, 50, was believed to have been killed by more than one suspects who wanted to steal his Toyota Hilux.

The victim was believed to be on his way to the mosque to perform the Subuh (dawn) prayers and was taking the restaurant's daily takings to be deposited at the bank later when he was attacked.

Terengganu Criminal Investigation Department chief Assistant Commissioner K Manoharan said police received a call about the discovery of the victim's body lying face down in a pool of blood at the Restoran Nasi Kukus Paka 3 parking area at about 7.30am.

He said initial investigation revealed that Mohamad Lutfi had two wounds on his chest and left shoulder.

"Police also found a wad of money in his shirt pocket but we have yet to determine the quantity and whether it was his," he said.

He added that according to the victim's wife, it was the victim's routine to go to the mosque for prayer at around 4.30am before depositing the daily takings to the bank.

image.jpg
Nor Zuedawati Umar with her son Mohamed Mansoruedin (right) with tears knowing her husband, Mohd Lutfi Mansor was shot dead. Pix by Rosli Ilham

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now it's kidnapping ... Shit what is happening to this country. Policemen all scared to come out to work. Reminds me of Gotham city without batman

Woman escapes kidnap bid in Bangsar

image.jpg
PETALING JAYA: Walking along a main road in Bangsar during broad daylight, the last thing Tina (name changed) expected was to be grabbed from behind with a knife held to her neck.

The traumatised 28-year-old legal adviser said she was approaching the junction of the Jalan Maarof traffic lights near the Saidina Abu Bakar As-Siddiq Mos*que when she was attacked at 6pm last Friday.

“I could feel the knife although I couldn’t see it under my collar. I fought him off with both hands while screaming at him,” she said, adding that her attacker, who looked foreign, had been in a grey Toyota Vios.

Her case, described as an attempted kidnapping, was posted on the Malaysian Crime Awareness Campaign Facebook page and was shared 531 times as of 6pm yesterday.

She said her attacker had not attempted to grab her handphone or handbag and he and his accomplice had made an illegal U-turn and sped off towards the city centre after the failed kidnapping attempt.

Shockingly, Tina said no one had really tried to help her although several cars stopped at the red light.

A couple in a black Toyota Alphard finally came to her assistance and took her to the Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur, as well as calling a policeman to record her statement there.

They told her they had made a U-turn after spotting the incident from the other side of the road.

“When I asked the police to check for CCTV footage of the car, I was informed the CCTV was under the jurisdiction of the Kuala Lumpur City Hall and that it wasn’t working,” she said, adding that her case was now being followed up by a CID officer.

Malaysian Crime Awareness Campaign founder Mark, who only wants to be known by his first name, said there were more than 40,000 followers on the page.

The 39-year-old businessman said his team would verify the crime incidents they heard about, including checking for police reports and speaking with the source of the stories, before sharing it on the page.