• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

IVF baby mix-up - Which Hospital?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How to be a medical hub with such grave errors? We have just taken 10 steps backwards after a step forward. Must the Health Minister be responsible?

To be objective, not trying to insult or demean anybody, IVF is not a daily routine procedure like blood tests or X-rays where by mere numbers, there's a possibility of mixed-ups. Also, if there's a mixed-up, there should be a counter-party of dark parents surprised with a fair baby.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I have a relative who tried for years to have kids. Eventually they went for IVF. Got a pair of twins. Reason why they went for IVF. Supposedly I heard was the sperm were not good swimmers. Didn't really go and clarify because quite sensitive. Heard these when the aunties were gossiping.

My good friend also got a pair of twins. Maybe we are talking about the same person.

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Likely to be caused by foreign zombies or aka foreign workers. They come from less-developed countries & have primitive mentality & thus cannot understand the importance of IVF.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I heard that many IVFs produce twins, not sure whether its true or not, though I believe twins come from genes.

My relative got twin boys.

These babies from IVF are probably fraternal or non-identical twins. IVF usually tries to implant more fertilised eggs into the mother to ensure success. Multiple births from IVF treatment are quite common. There have been cases where the number went up to 8 or 9, not in SG, of course.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
These babies from IVF are probably fraternal or non-identical twins. IVF usually tries to implant more fertilised eggs into the mother to ensure success. Multiple births from IVF treatment are quite common. There have been cases where the number went up to 8 or 9, not in SG, of course.

yes, non-identical twins. But imagine into their 7th month of pregnancy, carrying 2 babies inside. And growing bigger every day.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
How much have you bought & at what price, that you so worried?

This is the 1st time this kind of thing happen and TMC will sure take a lot of this blow in their reputation. Especially when Medical hubs/centres are well known in the region.

Probably the couple will settle into a pte settlement with the medical centre now to cover up as much as possible.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
mixup.jpg

AVOID Thomson Medical Centre!!!

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, non-identical twins. But imagine into their 7th month of pregnancy, carrying 2 babies inside. And growing bigger every day.

A lot of the IVF births are premature births, especially in the case of multiple foetuses. Even in normal pregnancies, many gynaecologists will recommend Caesarean for two and above.