• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

It is 2010: Where is Singapore's World Cup Soccer Team?

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't you all remember that we were grooming for a World Cup Soccer Team and should be ready by now.
Where is it?

goldenmonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
We were told that we would shipped the team from abroad, akin to French cup-winning team. If you can not see them now, most probably it is due to delay in shipment, no fault of the management.

Thank you for your feedback.

On behalf of FAS (Foreigners Above Singaporeans)

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't you all remember that we were grooming for a World Cup Soccer Team and should be ready by now.
Where is it?
iz either inside sg or outside sg ...

sg has a loong coastline ... it mite oso hv limped out of sg unnoticed ...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goal 2010 was never meant to mean any undertaking for Singapore to qualify for World Cup 2010. We all know that is impossible and ridiculous expectation Just like it's unreasonable to expect your bank to give you a birthday cake just because they advertised it, or arguing about the pig or the cupid, whatever, to have anything to do with Chinese zodiac or Muslim sensitivity.

It's just an S-League marketing slogan conveniently and co-incidentally marked as 2010. Thank you for your feedback.

For & On Behalf Of Whomsoever It May Concern

We were told that we would shipped the team from abroad, akin to French cup-winning team. If you can not see them now, most probably it is due to delay in shipment, no fault of the management.

y

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pipe dreams are made of this! Goal 2010 ?:biggrin: We can't even win the SEA Games gold! No disrespect to our Lions and Coach Raddy. They didn't spout this nonsense in the first place.The 2010 vision came from the big mouth of a super-talented minister.:biggrin:

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sport Hub $$$ must come from the private sectors, not the govt, so me no expectation for anything targeted.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sport Hub $$$ must come from the private sectors, not the govt, so me no expectation for anything targeted.

Exactly. The delay is because targetted funds from private sectors are not coming in. Vivian B. dares not commit public funds (ironically but rightfully so cause it'd go to waste anyway (if not, why did private funds dry up?)) So he wait, and you wait, and I wait, and we all wait...

ps07857

Alfrescian
Loyal
I posted a thread before.... but for those who hasn't read it yet, this is my feeling.... We failed.... Mah Bow Tan who was the FAS director then "did not forsee" the obstacels ahead.

"News that New Zealand has gone batshit crazy because they have qualified for the FIFA World Cup for the first time in 27 years made me look up how Singapore was doing with our very own Goal 2010. You know, that target set by Goh Chok Tong, who was inspired by then World Cup champions France, fielding a team full of players who, in his own words, "dont look like Frenchmen". He must have went, "Eureka! Flood the Singapore team with foreigners and we will qualify for sure!" Can't say it is not a brilliant strategy. He already wanted to flood Singapore with foreigners then, and he wants some tangible results to shut the mouths of critics. "

After doing away with the Malaysia Cup, the formation of the S-League, spending lots of money on sub-standard foreign import (including one foreign import from Nigeria who was more interested in import/exporting old electrical applicances from Sungei Road), and the multi million salaries paid to Mah Bow Tan (President of FAS at that time).....

Where are we now? What do we need to do? I feel we have taken one step forward and 3 steps back because at least we had Fandi, Sundram and Malek Awab and David Lee back in the heydays.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Some of the product was faulty, we have returned to 'manufacturer' for replacement. We assure you that, the team will be ready when world cup 2010 starts in South Africa.

We thank you for your feedback

F.A.S.
December 2003

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You forgot to add - Veronica on behalf of Claudia.
Goal 2010 was never meant to mean any undertaking for Singapore to qualify for World Cup 2010. We all know that is impossible and ridiculous expectation Just like it's unreasonable to expect your bank to give you a birthday cake just because they advertised it, or arguing about the pig or the cupid, whatever, to have anything to do with Chinese zodiac or Muslim sensitivity.

It's just an S-League marketing slogan conveniently and co-incidentally marked as 2010. Thank you for your feedback.

For & On Behalf Of Whomsoever It May Concern

y

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you gotten your more good years?
Like our pledge everything will turn out to be an asspiration years down the road..

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The person who start this thread must have been living in a cave for the past 5 years. Goal 2010 already shift goalpost liao. Goal Post can shift one U dunno meh? The Goal Post now shift until we won't even get to see the 2010 World Cup in June liao KNN :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

jw5

Loyal
Where is it?
MBT has not got back to me on this question.
Perhaps he is busy thinking about questions from GMS. :smile: