• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Islamic Scholar Ahmed Deedat's 50,000 Errors in the Bible

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
50,000 errors in the bible

<time datetime="2010-05-26">By Ahmad Deedat</time>

The Jehovah’s Witnesses in their “AWAKE!” Magazine dated 8 September, 1957, carried this startling headline “50,000 Errors in The Bible?”.
While I was still formulating the theme of this booklet, I heard a knock at my door one Sunday morning. I opened the door. A European gentleman stood there, grinning broadly. “Good morning’” he said. “Good morning” I replied. He was offering me his “Awake” and “Watchtower” magazines. Yes, a Jehovah’s Witness! If a few had knocked at your door previously, you will recognize them immediately. The most supercilious lot of people who ever knocked at people’s doors! I invited him in.
As soon as he settled down, I produced the full reproduction of what you see below. Pointing to the monograph at the top of the page, I asked, “Is this your’s?” He readily recognised his own. I said, “It says: 50,000 Errors in the Bible, is it true?” “What’s that!” he exclaimed. I repeated, “I said, that it says, that there are 50,000 errors in your Bible.” “Where did you get that?”
He asked. (This was published 53 years ago, when he was perhaps a little nipper) I said, “Leave the fancy talk aside is this your’s?” pointing again to the monograph “Awake!” He said, “Can I have a look?” “Of course,” I said. I handed him the page. He started perusing. They (the Jehovah’s Witnesses) are trained. They attend classes five times a week in their “Kingdom Halls.” Naturally, they are the fittest missionaries among the thousand and one sects and denominations of Christendom. They are taught that when cornered, do not commit yourself to anything, do not open your mouths. Wait for the Holy Ghost to inspire you with what to say.
I silently kept watching him, while he browsed the page. Suddenly he looked up. He had found it. The “Holy Ghost” had tickled him. He began, “The article says that “most of those errors have been eliminated.” I asked “If most are eliminated, how many remain out of 50,000? 5000? 500? 50? Even if 50 remain, do you attribute those errors to God?” He was speechless. He excused himself by suggesting that he will come again with some senior member of his Church. That will be the day!
This “cult” of Jehovah’s Witnesses which is so strong in its condemnation of the orthodox Trinitarians, for playing with the “Word of God,” is itself playing the same game of semantic gymnastics. In the article under review “50,000 Errors In The Bible?” they say: “there are probably 50,000 errors ... errors that have crept into the Bible text ... 50,000 such serious errors... most of those so-called errors... as a whole the Bible is accurate.”
We do not have the time and space to go into the tens of thousands of grave or minor defects that the authors of the Revised Standard Version (RSV) have attempted to revise. We leave that privilege to the Christian scholars of the Bible.
Here I will endeavour to cast just a cursory glance at a “half-a-dozen” or so of those “minor” changes:
1. “Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign: Behold, a Virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.” (Isaiah 7:14 - AV)
The indispensable “Virgin” in the above verse has now been replaced in the RSV with the phrase “a young woman,” which is the correct translation of the Hebrew word Almah. Almah is the word which has occurred all along in the Hebrew text and not bethulah which means Virgin. This correction is only to be found in the English language translation, as the RSV is only published in this tongue. For the African and the Afrikaner, the Arab and the Zulu, in fact, in the 1 500 other languages of the world, Christians are made to continue to swallow the misnomer “Virgin.”

Begotten, not made
“Jesus is the only begotten son of God, begotten not made,” is an adjunct of the orthodox catechism, leaning for support on the following:
2. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only BEGOTTEN son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16 - AV)
No priest worth his cloth would fail to quote “the only Begotten of the Father!” when preaching to a prospective convert. But this fabrication “Begotten” has now been unceremoniously excised by the Bible Revisers, without a word of excuse. They are as silent as church-mice and would not draw the reader’s attention to their furtive excision. This blasphemous word “Begotten” was another of the many such interpolations in the “Holy Bible.” God Almighty condemned this blasphemy in the strongest terms soon after its innovation. He did not wait for 2000 years for Bible scholars to reveal the fraud:
“They say: (God) Most Gracious has begotten a son! Indeed ye have put forth a thing most monstrous! At it the skies are ready to burst, the earth to split asunder, and the mountains to fall down in utter ruin, That they should invoke a son for (God) Most Gracious. For it is not consonant with the majesty of (God) Most Gracious that He should beget a son.” (Quran 19:88-92)
The Muslim World should congratulate the “Fifty cooperating denominations” of Christendom and their Brains Trust the “Thirty-two scholars of the highest eminence” for bringing their Holy Bible a degree nearer to the Quranic truth: “He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;” (Quran 112:3)

“Christian mes-a-mathics”
3. “For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.” (1st Epistle of John 5:7 – AV)
This verse is the closest approximation to what the Christians call their Holy Trinity in the encyclopaedia called the Bible. This key-stone of the Christian faith has also been scrapped from the RSV without even a semblance of explanation. It has been a pious fraud all along and well-deservedly has it been expunged in the RSV for the English-speaking people.
But for the 1499 remaining language groups of the world who read the Christian concoctions in their mother tongues, the fraud remains. These people will never know the truth until the Day of Judgement. However, we Muslims must again congratulate the galaxy of D.D.’s who have been honest enough to eliminate another lie from the English (RSV) Bible, thus bringing their Holy Book yet another step closer to the teachings of Islam. For the Holy Quran says:
“Say not ‘Trinity’: desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah”

The ascension
One of the most serious of those “grave defects” which the authors of the RSV had tried to rectify concerned the Ascension of Christ. There have been only two references in the Canonical Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and of John to the most stupendous event in Christianity of Jesus being taken up into heaven. These two references were obtained in every Bible in every language, prior to 1952, when the RSV first appeared. These were:
4a. “So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God.” (Mark 16:19)
4b. “While he blessed them, he parted from them, and was carried up into heaven.” (Luke 24:51)
You will be shocked to note that Mark 16 ends at verse 8, and after an embarrassing expanse of blank space the missing verses appear in “small print” as a footnote at the bottom of the page. If you can lay your hands on a RSV 1952, you will find the last six words of 4b above, i.e. “and was carried up into heaven” replaced by a tiny “a” to tell you to see the footnote if you please, where you will find these missing words. Every honest Christian has to admit that he does not consider any footnote in any Bible as the word of God. Why should the paid servants of Christianity consign the mightiest miracle of their religion to a mere footnote?
From the Chart “The Origin and Growth of the English Bible” appearing below, you will note that all the Biblical “Versions” prior to the Revised Version of 1881 were dependent upon the Ancient copies those dating only five or six hundred years after Jesus. The Revisers of the RSV 1952, were the first Bible scholars who were able to tap the “Most Ancient Copies” fully, dating three and four centuries after Christ.
We agree that the closer to the source the more authentic is the document. Naturally “Most” Ancient deserves credence more than mere “Ancient.” But not finding a word about Jesus being “taken up” or “carried up” into heaven in the Most Ancient manuscripts, the Christian fathers expurgated those references from the RSV 1952.

The donkey circus

The above facts are a staggering confession by Christendom that the “inspired” authors of the Canonical Gospels did not record a single word about the Ascension of Jesus- Yet these “inspired” authors were unanimous in recording that their Lord and Saviour rode a donkey into Jerusalem as his mission drew to a close:

• “And they sat him thereon.” (The Donkey). Matt. 21:7
          • “And he sat upon him.” (The Donkey). Mark 11:7
          • “And they set Jesus Thereon.” (The Donkey). Luke 19:35
          • “Jesus ... sat thereon:” (The Donkey). John 12:14

• Could God Almighty have been the author of this incongruous situation going out of His Way to see that all the Gospel writers did not miss their footing recording of His “son’s” donkey-ride into the Holy City and yet “inspiring” them to black-out the news about His “son’s” heavenly flight on the wings of angels?
Not for long!
The hot-gospellers and the Bible-thumpers were too slow in catching the Joke. By the time they realised that the corner-stone of their preaching The Ascension Of Jesus had been undermined as a result of Christian Biblical erudition, the publishers of the RSV had already raked in a net profit of 15,000 000 dollars! (Fifteen Million). The propagandists made a big hue and cry, and with the backing of two denominational committees out of the fifty, forced the Publishers to re-incorporate the interpolations into the “Inspired” Word of God in every new publication of the RSV after 1952, the expunged portion was “Restored To The Text.”
It is an old, old game. The Jews and the Christians have been editing their “Book of God” from its very inception. The difference between them and the ancient forgerers is that the ancient forgers did not know the art of writing “prefaces” and “footnotes”, otherwise they too would have told us as clearly as our modern heroes have about their tampering, and their glib excuses for transmuting forged currency into glittering gold.
“many proposals for modification were submitted to the committee by individuals and by two denominational committees all of these were given careful attention by the committee.
“Two passages, the I longer ending of Mark (16:9-20) ... and Luke 24:51 are restored to the text.” (Preface Collins’ pages vi and vii)
“Why ‘restored’”? Because they had been previously expunged! Why had the references to the Ascension expunged in the first place? The most Ancient manuscripts had no references to the Ascension at all. They were interpolations similar to 1 John 5:7 about the Trinity. (Refer to the earlier example 3). Why eliminate one and re-instate the other? Do not be surprised! By the time you lay your hands on a RSV, the “Committee” might also have decided to expunge the whole of their invaluable Preface. The Jehovah’s Witnesses have already eliminated 27 revealing pages of their Foreword to their “New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures,” (this is their way of saying New Testament).

Allah in the Christian Bible
The Rev. C. I. Scofield, D. D. with a team of 8 Consulting Editors, also all D.D.’s in the “Scofield Reference Bible” thought it appropriate to spell the Hebrew word “Elah” (meaning God) alternatively as “Alah” The Christians had thus swallowed the camel they seemed to have accepted at last that the name of God is Allah but were still straining at the gnat by spelling Allah with one “L”!
References were made in public lectures to this fact by the author of this booklet. Believe me, the subsequent “Scofield Reference Bible” has retained word for word the whole commentary of Genesis 1:1, but has, by a clever sleight of hand, blotted out the word “Alah” altogether. There is not even a gap where the word “Alah” once used to be. (See “What Is His Name” for more information on this Biblical omission of the word Allah). This is in the Bible of the orthodox! One is hard pressed to keep up with their Jugglery.
- See more at: http://www.tellmeaboutislam.com/50,000-errors-in-the-bible.html#sthash.jo5pBuyT.dpuf

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey bro Drift ..its been awhile.
So u been on about Ahmad Deedat and reading about Islam ,
So you believe in God now or still staunchly atheistic?
By your latest posting I sense a leaning towards belief in one God n not three ?
Or I could be wrong

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey bro Drift ..its been awhile.
So u been on about Ahmad Deedat and reading about Islam ,
So you believe in God now or still staunchly atheistic?
By your latest posting I sense a leaning towards belief in one God n not three ?
Or I could be wrong

Besides races, religions seperate people. Holy wars are caused by religious dispute.
In the christian view, Jesus is also God. So Jesus had screwed up his mother to give birth to Jesus. I am confused! what is the islamic perspective?

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have an unconclusive debate with Fraudo on LOT. The LOT of the Bible is the same people as LOT of the Koran? Or they are different person?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Besides races, religions seperate people. Holy wars are caused by religious dispute.
In the christian view, Jesus is also God. So Jesus had screwed up his mother to give birth to Jesus. I am confused! what is the islamic perspective?

The village atheist is not confused at all. You think he really cares to know? People who are sincere and humble inquirers do not communicate with such arrogance and smugness and uncouthness. He is being deliberately offensive in the way he bashes the Christian faith.

Just to add, truth separates people. So does politics, sports and a lot of things. Even atheism separates people.:wink:

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have an unconclusive debate with Fraudo on LOT. The LOT of the Bible is the same people as LOT of the Koran? Or they are different person?

Unconclusive? LOL! The verdict was in long ago. Lot was not a prophet in the Bible. And no I don't care for your opinion either, unless you have the Bible to back your claim. But we already know you don't, don't we?:wink:

Kinanna

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hey let's go with Wikipedia since we won't trust one another's sources.
Lot (Hebrew: לוֹט, Modern Lot Tiberian Lôṭ ; "veil" or "covering"[1]) is a person mentioned in the biblical Book of Genesis chapters 11–14 and 19. Notable episodes in his life include his travels with his uncle Abram (Abraham), his flight from the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, during which Lot's wife became a pillar of salt, and the seduction by his daughters so that they could bear children.

Christians and Muslims revere Lot as a righteous man of God.[2] According to the Bible, Jesus is a descendant of Lot through David's great-grandmother Ruth, who is descended from Moab, Lot's son through one of his daughters.[3] There are no stories of drunkenness and incest attributed to Lot in the Qur'an, where he is regarded as one of the Prophets of Islam.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey let's go with Wikipedia since we won't trust one another's sources.
Lot (Hebrew: לוֹט, Modern Lot Tiberian Lôṭ ; "veil" or "covering"[1]) is a person mentioned in the biblical Book of Genesis chapters 11–14 and 19. Notable episodes in his life include his travels with his uncle Abram (Abraham), his flight from the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, during which Lot's wife became a pillar of salt, and the seduction by his daughters so that they could bear children.

Christians and Muslims revere Lot as a righteous man of God.[2] According to the Bible, Jesus is a descendant of Lot through David's great-grandmother Ruth, who is descended from Moab, Lot's son through one of his daughters.[3] There are no stories of drunkenness and incest attributed to Lot in the Qur'an, where he is regarded as one of the Prophets of Islam.

Lot was not seduced by his daughters. The daughters said there were no men in their entire area as they lived secluded in caves and they could not get married like others. And Lot was getting old to have children. Thus they got him drunk senseless so he would not be able to say no to their wrong idea, even if it had good intentions. Oh, looks like I just let the cat out of the bag.:p

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lot was not seduced by his daughters. The daughters said there were no men in their entire area as they lived secluded in caves and they could not get married like others. And Lot was getting old to have children. Thus they got him drunk senseless so he would not be able to say no to their wrong idea, even if it had good intentions. Oh, looks like I just let the cat out of the bag.:p

A very big fraud with this argument. LOT could not be ignorant on his second night of sexual indency. :wink:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
A very big fraud with this argument. LOT could not be ignorant on his second night of sexual indency. :wink:

Why not? He would be as abysmally ignorant (like you:wink:) about it since his daughters would not reveal what happened.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gong cheebye, why you so distrust and despise Islamic scholar? You challenged me to put up Deebat's literature, till today you are unable to tear down any line. Yet you got a property in a neighbor Islamic state! Wtf. :wink:

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thus they got him drunk senseless so he would not be able to say no to their wrong idea, even if it had good intentions.

I am pretty sure he enjoyed the involuntary fucks of his daughters.

Any sensible person would interpret the story as Lot RAPING his daughters. RAPE is RAPE. The writers of the Bible had a twisted sense of morality. That's God for you, LOL! Dumb Frodo!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am pretty sure he enjoyed the involuntary fucks of his daughters.

Any sensible person would interpret the story as Lot RAPING his daughters. RAPE is RAPE. The writers of the Bible had a twisted sense of morality. That's God for you, LOL! Dumb Frodo!

You have a twisted sense of English.:rolleyes:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Islam fairy tale, Lot is a good person. In Christian fairy tale, Lot is a bad person. The twisted mind of a Bible believer sees lot as a righteous man!!! Lol. :wink:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Islam fairy tale, Lot is a good person. In Christian fairy tale, Lot is a bad person. The twisted mind of a Bible believer sees lot as a righteous man!!! Lol. :wink:

The abysmally ignorant village atheist has no idea what the Bible means by righteous Lot. Much less has the village atheist experienced true forgiveness in his life.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The abysmally ignorant village atheist has no idea what the Bible means by righteous Lot. Much less has the village atheist experienced true forgiveness in his life.

righteous in the bible ? Do you want me to quote some verses from the old testament ? :wink: