• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious 'Iron Palm' Ng Hints At Slapping PAP Gahmen! Want To Act As Outsider Check PAP! Guess If Chink Towkay Huay Guan Will Support Him!!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
202308148991967708cc3cbf-3a8c-4040-b97e-6dcd9460af48.jpg

SINGAPORE - The elected president should be like the external auditor of a company – independent, and accountable not to management but to the external stakeholders instead.

Presidential hopeful Ng Kok Song, 75, used this analogy of corporate governance structure to make his point that the best man for president is someone without political affiliation, and “accountable not to the Government but to the people of Singapore”.

Speaking to the media after an hour-long visit to the Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCCI) in Hill Street on Monday morning, Mr Ng said most companies have both internal and external auditors.

He likened internal auditors to an “ownself check ownself” system.

While it is possible that an internal auditor does a good job, there is always the risk that it is not good enough, he said.

“This is because the internal auditor reports to the top management, the CEO, and therefore it is common to see situations where the internal auditors hesitate to point out serious faults in the financial statements,” said Mr Ng, adding that this is why external auditors are sometimes required by law.

“When it comes to the position of the elected president who holds the second key to our reserves, it is important that the president should not have been part of the management. Because otherwise, the president will be constrained by what he did previously when he was part of management,” he said.

Apart from Mr Ng, who was previously chief investment officer of sovereign wealth fund GIC, the other three presidential hopefuls are former senior minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam; Mr George Goh, an entrepreneur; and Mr Tan Kin Lian, the former chief executive of NTUC Income.

Mr Ng added that as someone who is not associated with the ruling People’s Action Party and also has the technical and financial competence in handling the reserves, he has the essential qualities to be a president.

He was accompanied by his fiancee Sybil Lau, 45, during the visit to SCCCI.

They met council members in a closed-door session, and were also given a tour of the SCCCI Chinese Business Culture Hub, which showcases the history of the chamber.

Mr Ng presented a poem in calligraphy by Ms Lau to representatives from SCCCI.

He revealed that he had submitted his symbol of a hand palm with five fingers, which represent different races, for approval.

Each candidate will choose a symbol to represent himself in the upcoming presidential election.

“We are one country, one people. When one finger is hurt, the whole palm will feel the pain. This is what I aspire for – that our country, regardless of race, language or religion, will be united for our future,” said Mr Ng.

Mr Tharman said last week in a doorstop interview that he has chosen his symbol, but has not been able to submit it yet as the website for doing so is being updated.

Mr Tan told ST that he intends to apply to use his logo, unveiled at a press conference last Friday, as his symbol. It depicts four people reaching upwards.

Mr Ng also said that he is confident about representing Singapore on the international stage and playing the president’s role of chief diplomat, given his experience with GIC.

“In my time as the chief investment officer at GIC, I probably made more international trips than any of the ministers. So I know corporate CEOs, central bankers and ministers for finance. I will do Singapore proud on the international stage,” he said.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...uditor-of-company-ng-kok-song-on-independence

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Opposition votes will likely be split since TKL didn't established a clear branding amongst the opposition base. Unlike Tharman who has a clear branding with pro PAP voters.

Absences of straw poll means voters don't know who is the clear runner up to vote tactically between TKL and NKS.

I hope that opposition leaders like TCB will show opposition voters the way.

jw5

Loyal
Opposition votes will likely be split since TKL didn't established a clear branding amongst the opposition base. Unlike Tharman who has a clear branding with pro PAP voters.

Absences of straw poll means voters don't know who is the clear runner up to vote tactically between TKL and NKS.

Unfortunately. there will also be some pro-opposition voters who will vote for Tharman. :frown::sleep::biggrin:

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why bijar other people lobang?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Ng presented a poem in calligraphy by Ms Lau to representatives from SCCCI.

He revealed that he had submitted his symbol of a hand palm with five fingers, which represent different races, for approval.

Each candidate will choose a symbol to represent himself in the upcoming presidential election.

“We are one country, one people. When one finger is hurt, the whole palm will feel the pain. This is what I aspire for – that our country, regardless of race, language or religion, will be united for our future,” said Mr Ng.
Did he elaborate on which race was represented by the middle finger?

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ask him don't waste time...once TCB endorse Tan Kin Lian... Tharman is finished, Habis la, Gonchang, Gone Case, 完蛋了,芭比Q了, முடிந்தது (Muṭintatu)

Don't even need to talk about Cock Song.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Old fart 'Iron Palm' Ng Cock Strong doesn't even know that Singapore only has 4 major races.
hanor, he knows but wants to konect with the younger generation with middle-finger - the centrepoint kids lah.
and since he's old, also needs that finger to satisfy and pleasure sybil till sy-bei-ho :whistling:

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many flaccid generation votes want to know if he has a sex life at the age of 75, and how he is able to do so.

Nobody is interested in his meditation skills. :biggrin: