• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Indian Air Forces asks personnel not to use shoddy, cheapo Xiaomi phones....

Jar Jar Binks

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

201668703aba174f742f3f7f77ef938d2bda12f0.png

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/1410...dian-air-force-says-no-ban-xiaomi-smartphones

Indian Air Force says no ban on Xiaomi smartphones

DC | October 30, 2014, 17.10 pm IST

Lately, Xiaomi has been in a huge controversy regarding data security. Xiaomi was accused of stealing data from the user’s handsets and transmitting it to their servers back in China. Few days back it was reported that, concerned about sensitive information being leaked, the Indian Air Force (IAF) has initiated a high-alert on Xiaomi smartphones.

However, the IAF has shared more clarity on this issue saying that, the notice regarding the smartphone, which was circulated four to five months back, was just an advisory and should not be considered as a ban.

In an interview with a media person from Indian Express, an IAF official said, “IAF doesn’t keep track of the smartphone market and neither does it recommend any particular brand or handset to its personnel. The advisory did not mention anything on banning the use of Chinese smartphones at all.

It was more like a cautionary note as the handset was tracking user’s location and was sending the information to servers based in Beijing. This entire conclusion was based on reports from other sources. The advisory is nothing serious.”

Turns out, that Xiaomi’s claim was in-fact true, that the
notice was an old one based on the testing done by F-secure on August 7, 2014 on Redmi 1s, which had the issue of data automatically being transmitted. However, post the update of the OS, they tested the handset again on August 14, to confirm that the issue is no longer present.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
China’s Xiaomi May Make Cellphones in India
<section class="sector one column col10wide" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: auto; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 10px; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; display: block; float: none; width: auto !important; "><header class="module articleHeadgroup" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 10px; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; display: block; position: relative; "><hgroup class="hgroup clearFix" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 10px; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; display: block; ">
Xiaomi Has Hired Legal Advisers to Investigate the Regulatory Aspects of Manufacturing in India

DHANYA ANN THOPPIL</hgroup></header></section><section class="sector two column col10wide" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: auto; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 10px; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; display: block; float: none; width: auto !important; ">
Oct. 21, 2014 6:57 a.m. ET
<article id="articleBody" class="module articleBody" itemprop="articleBody" style="margin-top: 1.6rem; margin-right: 0.8rem; margin-bottom: 1.6em; margin-left: 0.8rem; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 10px; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; display: block; position: relative; clear: left; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; ">BANGALORE, India—Xiaomi Inc., China’s best-selling cellphone maker, is thinking of manufacturing its handsets in India.

The company—which sells more smartphones than even Samsung Electronics Co. and Apple Inc. in China—just started selling its phones in India in July. Its early sales figures have been strong enough that it is already considering manufacturing in Asia’s third-largest economy, said Manu Jain, the head of Xiaomi’s Indian arm.

“We always thought that our manufacturing would be based out of China,” Mr. Jain said. “But India is beginning to become so important for us that we started to think whether we should set up our own manufacturing.”

Mr. Jain said it would take at least six months before Xiaomi can decide whether making handsets in India makes sense.

Earlier this month Nokia Corp. decided to suspend manufacturing at its cellphone factory in southern India amid a continuing dispute with the country’s tax authorities. The tax battle prevented Nokia from selling the plant—once one of the Finnish company’s largest factories—to Microsoft Corp.

Xiaomi has hired legal advisers to investigate the regulatory aspects of manufacturing in India, said Mr. Jain.

Xiaomi has been making waves in the India cellphone market using sudden online sales and high-end handsets priced close to cost. In its four months in India, Xiaomi has already sold more than 500,000 phones in India.

That is still only a small slice of the market in India where more than 200 million cellphones are sold each year, making it the world’s second largest market after China’s.

While only around one fifth of the new phones sold in India are smartphones, Mr. Jain expects smartphones to account for a majority of the phones sold in the South Asian nation the next three years.
</article></section>

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
India twisting their words again? Roti prata, flippin...

TS is an Ah Neh on a rabid anti-China crusade, while pretending to seek out 'PAP IB clones'. Uses many clones to post, usually capitalizing the first letter of each word in his moniker.

As for twisting words and lying, it's a hallmark of their kind.

The fact is, Xiaomi is hard-pressed to meet rising demand for their phones in India, having under-estimated the demand there. Hence the plan to eventually manufacture in India for the local market.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's because India is also making some of its own cheapo Android phones. :wink:

Appealing to national pride to sell a product is just silly.

jivi_jsp_20.jpg

lava_iris_550q_front_official.jpg

karbonn-a21.jpg

micromax-a70-android-phone.jpg

Maxx-AX9zRace.jpg

xolo-phone-lava.jpg

If you're interested in Ah Neh phones, Mustafa Centre may have some of them in stock. :wink:

Jar Jar Binks

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
TS is an Ah Neh on a rabid anti-China crusade, while pretending to seek out 'PAP IB clones'. Uses many clones to post, usually capitalizing the first letter of each word in his moniker.

As for twisting words and lying, it's a hallmark of their kind.

The fact is, Xiaomi is hard-pressed to meet rising demand for their phones in India, having under-estimated the demand there. Hence the plan to eventually manufacture in India for the local market.

No proof again PAP IB clone? Then i will zap u every time u say that until u produce evidence or zap u intermittently... Don't worry, mass zapping is no longer my style. :biggrin: See below ...

The agendas of the PAP IB in sg forums is very clear. They are supportive of pariah nations with despot leaders that rules with iron fists that deprives its citizens of their rights with censorship, bans, blockages and jailing of political dissidents. Countries like China, Russia, North Korea, Turkey, Venezuela, Vietnam and more..

Their PAP IB clones will bash America and her allies UK, Israel, European countries, Hong Kong, India, Japan and more in this forum on a daily basis.

So i am here to piss them off and give them a run for their money by bashing the enemies of America. :biggrin:

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No proof again PAP IB clone? Then i will zap u every time u say that until u produce evidence or zap u intermittently... Don't worry, mass zapping is no longer my style. :biggrin:

Your resort to threats in the face of having your unsubstantiated arguments exposed and ridiculed simply shows you up to be the closet PAP IB clone that you are. You do a good job of emulating your Pappy masters who try to bully dissidents into silence, but you don't scare me.:smile:

Just check out my posts to see where I stand:

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....on-parties-in-singapore&p=2035427#post2035427

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....on-parties-in-singapore&p=2035459#post2035459

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....ares-to-stand-up-to-LKY&p=2029966#post2029966

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....ings-to-opposition-camp&p=2039159#post2039159

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....re-As-Province-Of-China&p=2037244#post2037244

Jar Jar Binks

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Your resort to threats in the face of having your unsubstantiated arguments exposed and ridiculed simply shows you up to be the closet PAP IB clone that you are. You do a good job of emulating your Pappy masters who try to bully dissidents into silence, but you don't scare me.:smile:

The sore losers just can't digest the fact that Xiaomi is behind Apple and Samsung and had to resort to smear Apple campaign.

So popular that even Mainlanders has gone to great lengths to getting them

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?190341-iPhone-6-fever-hits-Beijing

Suddenly froggy had so many problems with iPhone6 and other clones like Reddog and frenchbriefs joined in the bashing :rolleyes:

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?190424-iphone-kenna-infected

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....et-bugs-frequently-with-my-iPhone-surfing-SBF

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?192998-Tim-cook-quot-i-am-proud-to-be-gay-quot

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?193494-Malware-infecting-gay-phone-gay-pad-gay-notebook

A profile search on threads started by froggy will show u that froggy is on a smear campaign against the allies of America. :rolleyes:

http://www.sammyboy.com/search.php?searchid=4436334&pp=&page=3

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A profile search on threads started by froggy will show u that froggy is on a smear campaign against the allies of America. :rolleyes:

If you've been here long enough (as I have), you'll note that joetys is one of the most apolitical members here.

As for your 'allies of America', may I remind you that your beloved Pappy masters have made our country an 'ally of America' as well as pariah nations like Israel and have not only participated in disastrous missions in the Middle East to secure American selfish interests, but have also turned Singapore into the 'Israel of S.E. Asia'.

Use your brain: Why do you think we are persistent targets of fundamentalist Islamic groups like Jemaah Islamiyah in the region and terrorist groups like Al Qaeda and ISIS? Because we're seen as a stooge for the American imperialists and the Israeli Zionists in their quest to divide and conquer the Third World and exploit their resources (oil, minerals, labour).

As an opposition supporter, I spit on those PAP's international allies who help nourish and maintain the Lee dictatorship

Jar Jar Binks

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you've been here long enough (as I have), you'll note that joetys is one of the most apolitical members here.

As for your 'allies of America', may I remind you that your beloved Pappy masters have made our country an 'ally of America' as well as pariah nations like Israel and have not only participated in disastrous missions in the Middle East to secure American selfish interests, but have also turned Singapore into the 'Israel of S.E. Asia'.

Use your brain: Why do you think we are persistent targets of fundamentalist Islamic groups like Jemaah Islamiyah in the region and terrorist groups like Al Qaeda and ISIS? Because we're seen as a stooge for the American imperialists and the Israeli Zionists in their quest to divide and conquer the Third World and exploit their resources (oil, minerals, labour).

As an opposition supporter, I spit on those PAP's international allies who help nourish and maintain the Lee dictatorship

Really? I would think there's more to it. It's about dollars and cents. The foreign companies listed on the SGX, isn't it? Typical :rolleyes:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Really? I would think there's more to it. It's about dollars and cents. The foreign companies listed on the SGX, isn't it? Typical :rolleyes:

By the way, I'm a fan of the HK protesters (see my post below). If only Sinkies had 1/10th the guts and gumption of the HKers, we'd not be shackled by the chains of tyranny today.

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....berty-or-Give-me-Death!&p=2012242#post2012242

The Sinkie masses are stuck at Maslow's 1 & 2. The average Hong Konger has more courage and conviction in their little finger than the average Sinkie has in their entire body. It is amazing considering that HK was run as a largely apolitical mercantile society by the Brits for 150 years.

It will be a cold day in hell when we see street protests like this in Singapore. Even when one man – Chee Soon Juan – was brave enough to take to the streets, he was roundly condemned by his own cowardly compatriots, the very people for whose rights he was fighting.

Sigh. Sinkies are the despair of me.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So i am here to piss them off and give them a run for their money by bashing the enemies of America.

You actually have a very naïve, black-and-white way of looking at the world, much like your Pappy masters. George Bush's 'You're either with us or against us.'

Truth be told, I'm an admirer of many of America's libertarian ideals and values, but I detest the foreign policy and sham hypocrisy of the administration, especially during the neo-con years of Bush's term. (Obama tried but is hamstrung by the Zionist and neo-con elements in his cabinet and Congress.) 9/11 was ultimately the karmic outcome of America's adventurism and shenanigans overseas, especially in the Middle East, in its bid to secure resources.

Likewise, I'm no fan of the Chinese Communist Party but I do have admiration for the people's resilience and spirit of enterprise in the face of perhaps the most turbulent of any nation's 20th century history. Their crude and at times amoral behaviour, when seen in the light of the moral vacuum that follows the abrupt transition from a controlled religion-less communist society to a free-wheeling capitalist one, becomes understandable, though not condonable.

Be more nuanced. There's a difference between a nations' people and its government. A nation's culture and its politics/foreign policy​.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's because India is also making some of its own cheapo Android phones. :wink:

Appealing to national pride to sell a product is just silly.

jivi_jsp_20.jpg

lava_iris_550q_front_official.jpg

karbonn-a21.jpg

micromax-a70-android-phone.jpg

Maxx-AX9zRace.jpg

xolo-phone-lava.jpg

If you're interested in Ah Neh phones, Mustafa Centre may have some of them in stock. :wink:

WTF these shit skin phones are the absolute worst in the world.

quartz28

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bet all these phones also manufactured in China by the CMs and just stamped brands to whatever the Indian company ask...what nationalism to talk. About?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Ah Neh brand Jivi mobile seems to be not too bad.

[video=youtube;-uwxXxB-cxM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uwxXxB-cxM[/video]