• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

India - Best country in the whole wide world

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Best Country in the World « see full list

India

http://www.thetoptens.com/countries/india-21357.asp

+33
India-the country of culture, heritage and values. It has inspired millions of poets and artists here are he words of a few

Will Durant, American historian: "India was the motherland of our race, and Sanskrit the mother of Europe's languages: she was the mother of our philosophy; mother, through the Arabs, of much of our mathematics; mother, through the Buddha, of the ideals embodied in Christianity; mother, through the village community, of self-government and democracy. Mother India is in many ways the mother of us all".

Mark Twain, American author: "India is, the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grand mother of tradition. Our most valuable and most instructive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only. "

Albert Einstein, American scientist: "We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made. "

Max Mueller, German scholar: If I were asked under what sky the human mind has most fully developed some of its choicest gifts, has most deeply pondered on the greatest problems of life, and has found solutions, I should point to India.

Romain Rolland, French scholar : "If there is one place on the face of earth where all the dreams of living men have found a home from the very earliest days when man began the dream of existence, it is India. "

R.W. emerson, American Author: In the great books of India, an empire spoke to us, nothing small or unworthy, but large, serene, consistent, the voice of an old intelligence, which in another age and climate had pondered and thus disposed of the questions that exercise us.

Hu Shih, former Ambassador of China to USA: "India conquered and dominated China culturally for 20 centuries without ever having to send a single soldier across her border. "

Keith Bellows, National Geographic Society : "There are some parts of the world that, once visited, get into your heart and won't go. For me, India is such a place. When I first visited, I was stunned by the richness of the land, by its lush beauty and exotic architecture, by its ability to overload the senses with the pure, concentrated intensity of its colors, smells, tastes, and sounds... I had been seeing the world in black & white and, when brought face-to-face with India, experienced everything re-rendered in brilliant technicolor. "
thumbs upthumbs down<select id="clnksreason1305482" style="display: none;"><option>select reason:</option><option>duplicate</option><option>inaccurate</option><option>irrelevant</option><option>low quality</option><option>non-english</option><option>offensive</option><option>plagiarism</option><option>poor formatting</option><option>poor spelling</option><option>profanity</option><option>spam</option><option>unsupportive</option></select>

+59
Hello Indians, I'm from Bangladesh. I think this is a true review. India is one of the richest countries of the world and it has a lot of attractive cultural traditions. It is also one of the largest countries of the world. Historical places are amazing and travel destinations are dashing. A huge number of Hindus, Muslims and other religious people have been living together peacefully there for centuries. Some religious collisions were seen in the past time but neither Hindus nor Muslims of India should be blamed. It is the dirty 'two nation theory' which was the cause of all mishaps. What did Pakistan do with Bangladeshi people (East-Pakistan at that time) after 1947? They tortured both Hindus and Muslims of Bangladesh. Bangladeshi people will always thank India and Indian people for those great help and supports during the liberation war. There are some people in Bangladesh who are still against the liberation of Bangladesh. These people are the main problem of Bangladesh. We had been living together for centuries and what separated us that is the bloody 'two nation theory. ' I'm a Muslim and I love Indians, I love Muslims and Hindus here in Bangladesh but I hate bloody 'two nation theory. ' Bangladesh will never forget India's brotherhood during the liberation war. I love Bangladesh I love India.

+47
How on Earth can anyone disagree that India is the best country? Let me explain about India:

1)Each and every 28 states and 7 union territories of India, have their own LANGUAGE, CLOTHING, CUISINE and LOOK.

2)India alone has the highest number of languages in the world with more than 300 I guess.

3)You will find each and every type of people-white, light brown, brown, dark brown, black and even Chinese type people(in north-eastern states).

4)In India alone you'll find all types of food ranging from sweetest to most spicy food on Earth. I'm not talking about foreign cuisine or restaurants. Its the local food of different states.

5)On this planet, you will notice that the highest number of religions present, are in India. More than 8-Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Jainism, Sikhism, Zoroastrianism, Buddhism, etc.

6)And last but the not the least, significant scientific inventions and discoveries have been made by Indians. The most prominent ones-discovery of digit "0", decimal systems, etc. Imagine a world without the digit "0". This was acknowledged even by Albert Einstein who said, "WE OWE A LOT TO THE INDIANS, WITHOUT WHICH NO WORTHWHILE SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERY COULD'VE BEEN MADE".

NOTE:I HAVE EXCLUDED ALL CHILDISH FACTORS LIKE HISTORY(India is one of oldest civilizations, you can find her name in Bible in Esther 1:1), ECONOMICS, WEATHER AND MILITARY.

-Vijay Daniel

+44
Well, what can I say about India... Every thing originated from here... The medicine, science, culture, hospitality, maths, politics, agriculture... So on

I know the world don't like India's but, they love INDIA... I just wanna say, every where you will find good and bad people, so does in INDIA.

You call India a poor country, but my friend you never tried to know why it (was) called poor by you. India was the RICHEST country in the universe... Rich in culture, gold, diamonds, food etc. It was Invaded by mughals, portugese, french, BRITISH, mongolia and many other local kings... They took everything from here but not the culture... We may not be the best country, but it is not the worst either.

India, is the only country where you will find every kind of religion officially. There are more Christians in INDIA then in any country. More Muslims then any gulf countries.

I urge everyone to read about INDIA and INDIANs before commenting on US.

+46
India is our holy land. No words can explain the beauty of our land. No wonder why more and more people from outside visiting India every year. It's a booming economy after China. As Swami Vivekananda once said, the 20th century was yours America & Europe, but the 21st century is ours, Indians. America and Briton are more powerful with your money and ammunition, but remember, all of you peoples database is in India. Most of your office's call centers are in India. 75% of Indians working in NASA & 60% of your doctors are Indians. We are very proud of it.

We love peace. We never attack any country. We have 28 states and 7 union territories, many races, religions and languages, but we are one. No one can divide us like it happened in USSR.
thumbs upthumbs down<select id="clnksreason298911" style="display: none;"><option>select reason:</option><option>duplicate</option><option>inaccurate</option><option>irrelevant</option><option>low quality</option><option>non-english</option><option>offensive</option><option>plagiarism</option><option>poor formatting</option><option>poor spelling</option><option>profanity</option><option>spam</option><option>unsupportive</option></select>

+27
It was never the power, never the population, never the vast commercial market, It's always been the motherhood of India. From ancient time India opened her heart, gave affectionate shelter to all, be it Arya or Mughal or Persian. Everyone loved the comfortable warm lap of our motherland.
Add to it,
The unity in diversity- more than 28 languages in one country and still they all share the brotherhood and respect that from the core of the heart.
Religion: Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist or Christian.. Everybody share the joy of festival.. Be it Buddha Purnima or Christmas. Whole India hugs each other in Idd and Dewali.
Food: So many dishes from so many states. Kolkata's Rossogulla, Chennai's Dosa, Mumbai's Golgappa, Manipur's Aloo mattar and smoked fish, Arunachal Pradesh's fine Momo, Darjeeling Tea... Woof! Let me take a li'l rest!
Natural Beauty: Every body knows how beautiful this country is, so no extra words for it.

Everybody loves their motherland. Every country is special. There is no term like 'best country'. Lets think we live in one world and Let there be brotherhood.

+27
None of the other country's compare to the Diversity in every aspect of Human Life like India! Though Poor & Corrupt now, when India awakens will emerge as the winner for all Humanity on Earth as India represents 1/3 of the worlds poor! India's vibrant Democracy, its dynamism, its youth, its religions, its nature, its languages, its origins, its culture, its unparalleled growth, its people and the list goes on and on... Is very unique to India and that what makes it the BEST country ever in the world. Incredible INDIA!
To agree with me you will have to see, go there and live it to believe it. India cannot be summarized in Words, or Pictures/photos nor it can be described in Books. Its very hard to explain what is India. Its complexity makes it so diverse, but then there is that simplicity that you will still find at any corner throughout India.
--> I hail to my Motherland - INDIA, you are the BEST and we do not need any Top Ten list to prove that.

+32
Because indian most oldest religion on earth.
All mathematics, science, physics and Chemistry is very well explained in Vedas.
Indian books contains all type of medicines but usa people cheat on us by patenting fake medicines e. G. Neem, turmeric(Haldi), basmati rice. No drug, medicine is out Charak samhita.

India never invaded any country in her last 10000 years of history.
India is the world's largest democracy.

Varanasi, also known as Benares, was called "the ancient city" when Lord Buddha visited it in 500 be. C. E, and is the oldest, continuously inhabited city in the world today.

India is unique in the whole world (One son of lion is better than thousands of donkey).

+2
You haters don't know the REAL strength of INDIA

>We produce the highest number of Doctors, Engineers and Scientists
>3rd highest armed forces

The reason behind the poverty in India is because of the black money stored in Swiss banks by some {US$1, 456 billion} which is the highest by any country.

If the black money were returned to India. Our economy would be TWICE as strong as any country in the world. [Its a fact]
We have the richest Cultural heritage [Its proved]
We Indians are taught from our childhood to Respect the elders which I think the rest of the world is forgetting.

Whenever we meet anyone in any part of the world we join our hands and greet them because we think no one is smaller than us.

Great Philosophers have said:

Will Durant, American historian: "India was the motherland of our race, and Sanskrit the mother of Europe's languages: she was the mother of our philosophy; mother, through the Arabs, of much of our mathematics; mother, through the Buddha, of the ideals embodied in Christianity; mother, through the village community, of self-government and democracy. Mother India is in many ways the mother of us all".

Mark Twain, American author: "India is, the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grand mother of tradition. Our most valuable and most instructive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only. "

Albert Einstein, American scientist: "We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made. "

+22
India is one of the most powerful nation in the whole world. Truely speaking, "America is a hybrid nation". They are top listed nation in the field of technology is only cause of hire purchasing system of technological inputs from other countries like Japan, England, china etc. America has nothing of their own. Though Indians, in the field of human skills, intelligence and brainpower are far far advanced than americans, they select the best ones to be employed for the further improvement of their country. "THAT'S WHY AMERICA IS BETTER WITHOUT HAVING THEIR OWN ABILITY"...

+21
Few countries in the world have such an ancient and diverse culture as India's. Stretching back in an unbroken sweep over 5000 years, India's culture has been enriched by successive waves of migration which were absorbed into the Indian way of life. It is this variety which is a special hallmark of India. Its physical, religious and racial variety is as immense as its linguistic diversity. Underneath this diversity lies the continuity of Indian civilization and social structure from the very earliest times until the present day. Modern India presents a picture of unity in diversity to which history provides no parallel.
I love my India!
Jai Hind!

+21
Obviously it is
Our forefathers built a strong foundation in terms of rich culture, heritage and to respect elders teachers and guests. They are right before us The Vedas, The Upanishads and epics like The Ramayana and The Mahabharata which have real and ideal heroes. Not to forget the literature, sculptures and great books like Chanakya's Arthashasthra, The Panchatantra, The Bhagavadgita etc... All these tell how to live aperfect life.
Only due to all these India is still and will be considered the best country.

+1
HELLO MY NAME IS PRANAV I AM CITIZEN OF UKRAINE BUT MY PARENTS ARE OF INDIA AS I READ PEOPLES ARE TELLING INDIA IS NUMBER 1 BECAUSE THERE ARE DIFFERENT LANGUAGES IT'S TRUE I AGREE WITH THEM BUT STILL ITS ONLY ONE REASON WHY IT IS AT TOP IT IS AT TOP BECAUSE OF ITS HISTORY YOU CAN SEE AT ENCYCLOPEDIA THAT INDIA IS ONE OF MOST OLDEST COUNTRIES AT THE WORLD AND STILL IT IS ALSO A ONE PART OF THE REASON THE MAIN REASON IS ITS TRADITIONAL CULTURE, ITS NATURAL BEAUTY IS NOT LIKE OTHER COUNTRIES LIKE USA BEAUTY IS TALL BUILDINGS, SKUSPARES, MALLS, STATUES AS I SAY MY PARENTS ARE INDIANS that's WHY WE VISIT INDIA ONCE A YEAR WHEN WE COME AT INDIA WE LAND ON INDIRA GANDHI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT OR ASIAS NUMBERS 2 AIRPORT I SAW WHEN YOU TRAVEL AND YOU WILL GO WITH GUIDES THEY WILL SHOW ONLY BEAUTIFUL PLACES AND MAKE TOURITES BELIEVE ITS BEAUTIFUL BUT ASK WHO LIVE THEIR THEY KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT OUR COUNTRY IF THEIR ARE 49 PERCENT OF RICH PEOPLES BUT THEIR ARE 61 PERCENTS OF POOR PEOPLE WHEN YOU SEE THAT 61 PERCENT YOU WILL SEE THE TRUTH OF INDIA INDIAN PEOPLES don't THINK I DISLIKE INDIA AND WRITE BAD THINGS OF INDIA I JUST want to show people the truth

+18
India is the greatest nation which believes in peaceful coexistence, unlike west and muslim countries which hate each other, and faught so many wars. Spirtuality, yoga, vegetarianism, nirvana, meditation, non-violence are some of the Indian gift to the world. Buddhism was Indian gift to Asia, Sanskrit is the mother of all european languages, Indian classical music and dance forms are so rich and lively. Indian food and bollywood cinema has a world wide following, Taj Mahal is among the seven wonders of the world is best peace of architecture among thousands of archtectectural marvels representing Indias glorious past. India is fourth largest fastest growing economy in the world, it is and IT, BPO and space power, it has third largest modern sophisticated army, it has also made great advances in science, technology and biotechnology.

+19
Incredible India...
truly non racist country...
so welcoming & so lovely... The most colorful country I have ever ever ever seen in my life
one who says India is not number 1 that person really need to go to India stay there for at least 2-3 Months to have an overall Idea, because India is so good that one needs whole life long to explore it... One visit is not enough to understand or to know India or to understand Indian people...

+14
My vote is for India. Most of the people are thinking that their country is the best its just because they didn't seen any other countries. Forget about Army, money etc. In spite of cheap politics and corruption peoples of india are living peacefully. But their culture over come every thing. Just think that the muslims are living peace fully (just like muslim countries)only in India compared to other non-muslim countries. And non-indians don't comment about nature, beach, wildlife culture and all if you visit india once then you will understand the things

+6
Yes I Love My India India Is The Best Country In the World.when we Call Best?
Best Means Not Having a Richest Technologies It Means the Culture, Tradition and We Have A World Largest Army, its Fastest Growing Economy, 7th Largest Country it Has several Languages, Traditions Which you Can not Find In the World.world Largest Democratic Country and Coming to Technologies we Have world Top Most Millionaires, World's Biggest IT Convention Center, we Occupied Top Place For Having A More Software engineers, Scientists Working In All Over World.Coming to Tourism we Have Lot Off World's Top Places Like TajMahal one of The Seventh wonders, Ramoji Film City-worlds Largest Film City Lot off There is No ending to Visit India.Coming to Entertainment Our Bollywood Is The Biggest Film Industry In the World which is After Hollywood.Most Of The Foreign Countries Likes Indian Movies and Songs Only.Coming to Beauty we won the Miss world 3 times Miss Universe 2 times and Recently Miss NewYork, and Miss America Also Lot off Is there and in Music we won 2 Oscar Awards Recently and Games In cricket 2 World Cups, 1 T20 World Cup, Lot off Records Of Indians In the History.These are The Some examples Only there is Lot Off To Know About India

+11
proud to be an Indian, we can see our great leader GANDHIJI'S statue in many developed and leaderly countries and see people respect him, study his books.. land of colours and cultures... though it has the worst politics, still India stands to be the unique, jai hind... proud to be an Indian, we hardly know other countries freedom fighters, we created a strong history in d struggle for our motherland, and love we had on it.. from rani lakshi bai to vallabai patel, so many heroes, real heroes, not American comic characters like spiderman, bat man, rat man, dog man, crap man, etc...

+13
This country taught the world lessons of spirituality, tolerance, peace, love, mathematics, surgery & countless things. First civilization, first language, first books etc. The whole world evolved out of here. She already had the science of everything fully developed but lost all due to its own sons. She faced lots of murderers, rapists, looters & ugly-charactered conquerors still she blesses their descendants as their own children. Gave shelter to lot many people who were tortured to death like Jews, Zoroastrians, Tibetans, Sri-Lankan Tamils. She never attacked a single country first in 10000 years.
It was definitely the fall of Bharat that made the world like this.
Jai Hind!

+13
Yes. Indian culture is the oldest in the world. India is a country with many beautiful cities, each one unique in it's own way. Probably the best monument in India is the Taj Mahal, built by Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz. The best thing about India is the sheer perseverance of her people and is one of the finest democratic countries of the world. probably in my understanding"INDIA" is always best for living...

+5
I wouldn't call my country perfect. But seeing how diverse we are, in terms of religions, languages, cultures and many other things. It isn't like we are best in every sense, I bet there are others who are much better in terms of infrastructure, technology, laws, but my country is very welcoming. It is tolerant. It is a peaceful nation. We're still developing. We don't spy on every other country. We don't invade our neighbours. We are always trying to make peace with Pakistan and China. We've been deceived by them numerous times, but we compassionately forgive them. In times of problems all the lil' countries like Nepal, Myanmar, seek help from us and we happily help. My country may not be amazing materialistically but we have a heart. And a big one. That always lends a listening ear, a helping hand, and a forgiving heart. Namaste. ^_^
thumbs upthumbs down<select id="clnksreason1482876" style="display: none;"><option>select reason:</option><option>duplicate</option><option>inaccurate</option><option>irrelevant</option><option>low quality</option><option>non-english</option><option>offensive</option><option>plagiarism</option><option>poor formatting</option><option>poor spelling</option><option>profanity</option><option>spam</option><option>unsupportive</option></select>

+14
I saw lots of comments against INDIA, we are betting better and better everyday, No doubt Frenches and British fighting to get Indian market and Obama's ass in INDIA every 2 months to build friendship. Of course friendship, because now we are capable of kicking their ass. A self-sufficient country which exports to feed the west. People especially western countries are just too JEALOUS...
thumbs upthumbs down<select id="clnksreason247131" style="display: none;"><option>select reason:</option><option>duplicate</option><option>inaccurate</option><option>irrelevant</option><option>low quality</option><option>non-english</option><option>offensive</option><option>plagiarism</option><option>poor formatting</option><option>poor spelling</option><option>profanity</option><option>spam</option><option>unsupportive</option></select>

+11
Despite some problems and lower level of development India is best country to live... Starting from villages to cities you can find everything that you want. May be nightlife, girls and culture is not like most (developed) countries who allow official marriage at 16(girls) and 18(boys)... But that is the reason why we write father name in official documents instead of mother name laugh out loud.
No racism, no discrimination, no matter where you come from. India is safest country to live with lowest level of stress.
thumbs upthumbs down<select id="clnksreason656028" style="display: none;"><option>select reason:</option><option>duplicate</option><option>inaccurate</option><option>irrelevant</option><option>low quality</option><option>non-english</option><option>offensive</option><option>plagiarism</option><option>poor formatting</option><option>poor spelling</option><option>profanity</option><option>spam</option><option>unsupportive</option></select>

+7
Of course India is the best country in the world which taught the world language, civilization, peace, mathematics, rocket science, cosmology, astronomy, medicine, surgery, trigonometry, numbers, meditation, yoga, karma, secularism and everything it has. Because India has lot of wealth until it has been attacked by muslim invaders and then by western invaders now it became poor and becoming a rich nation again. For those who think India was poor should know that India became poor because all the wealth was looted by the British empire for the western world's development and world war-2 and left behind poverty as a return.
thumbs upthumbs down<select id="clnksreason415013" style="display: none;"><option>select reason:</option><option>duplicate</option><option>inaccurate</option><option>irrelevant</option><option>low quality</option><option>non-english</option><option>offensive</option><option>plagiarism</option><option>poor formatting</option><option>poor spelling</option><option>profanity</option><option>spam</option><option>unsupportive</option></select>

+9
India is the best ever country because science, culture and civilization started there and it had shown so much life to other countries. Without India, world does not even know how to count.
Astronomical exploration started in India. Mathematics and Physics started here. 1200 because, one of the finest and gigantic ships were built here.
Finally, we hate each other but still live together.
Inspite of having DIRTIEST politicians, its because of the citizens the country is still on the forefront of World economics.
LONG LIVE INDIA.
The world ends where it started, India.

DollarsNoSense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya incredible india when u r there as a tourist, visit n fuck off from there. When the nehs export their culture n live next door to u..enjoy your daily spice smell, carrying their backpack weapons on buses n mrts, smelly buses n mrts, brats that run astray in mrts, etc

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An 'Incredible' article about 'Incredible' India..since its soo 'Incredible' how come must have some stupid CECA with singkieland and that they be allowed to work in singkielan? How come they are migratting to USA and Oz and Pommieland in huge numbers??

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
The other day, I heard this song........

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=98uwpKPeisk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D98uwpKPeisk[/video]

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An 'Incredible' article about 'Incredible' India..since its soo 'Incredible' how come must have some stupid CECA with singkieland and that they be allowed to work in singkielan? How come they are migratting to USA and Oz and Pommieland in huge numbers??

piggy head shakers country is always the bestest no matter how fucked up and worstest it ranks.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
India is only good under British rule. After independence, India went down the slippery slope.

Many people placed their faith and trust in Nehru, but he was an epic fail and a fraud. Nehru sent India down the slope with his Marxist economic ideas.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
India is only good under British rule. After independence, India went down the slippery slope.

Many people placed their faith and trust in Nehru, but he was an epic fail and a fraud. Nehru sent India down the slope with his Marxist economic ideas.

Tell me whether an Indian politician exists that people can put their trust in.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Tell me whether an Indian politician exists that people can put their trust in.

Scouts Honour

pic4.jpg

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This one must really give credit to the British.. Too bad the British Colonial Govt didn't do a mass sterilization on the Ah Nehs before they left the country..

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This one must really give credit to the British.. Too bad the British Colonial Govt didn't do a mass sterilization on the Ah Nehs before they left the country..

The brits should have split up the country to even smaller pieces previously united all those various kingdoms together. Agree on the sterilization part.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The brits should have split up the country to even smaller pieces previously united all those various kingdoms together. Agree on the sterilization part.

Even years under British rule failed to make these Pariahs into proper human beings..