• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I'm envious of my friends because they don't have a cheapskate BF like mine

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today's confession is from an NUS student whose boyfriend is perfect - except that he is too frugal for her liking.

Here is the confession in full:

"I have been together with my boyfriend for slightly under a year. Everything about him fits my criteria for a partner- tall and well-built, intelligent, caring and probably one of the sweetest guys around. Yet, there is one trait of him that has been perturbing me for the longest time. It is that of his frugality. Now, don't get me wrong. I am not one of those gold-digger girls who is looking for a rich husband. Case in point, if I were, my boyfriend would have been struck off the list long ago.

"I understand that love cannot be measured by money, but yet it seems that if money is perpetually a concern to my boyfriend when he spends on me, it just seems to me that I am perhaps of less value than a few wads of cash. Moreover, I am far from unreasonable in making him spend more than he can manage.

"My recent birthday celebration just made me really sad. He brought me to Sushi Tei and a gave me a sweet handmade card. Perhaps to some of you this may still be acceptable I'm not sure, but to me this was a complete disappointment. For a birthday celebration, Sushi Tei seriously? This would be the kind of restaurant I would casually meet up with friends at, and not some place I would patronise for a special occasion. A card and no present? Yes, a card is sweet, but another way of looking at it is: cheap.

"I get very envious when I see my friend's boyfriends bringing them to classy romantic dining establishments and gifting them with expensive presents on their birthdays. And this is when their boyfriends are still studying and just living on the pay from their part-time jobs. If they can afford to do so, why not my boyfriend? To make things clear, I myself am very generous to my boyfriend in gifting him with presents. I am not trying in any way to cheat his money.

"I know my boyfriend loves me but I sometimes can't help but think if his thrifty habits (read: stingy habits) is something I can live with for life. At the same time, this is a relationship I won't bear to give up. Perhaps in life, it is inevitable that you win some and lose some."

jw5

Loyal
Now, don't get me wrong. I am not one of those gold-digger girls who is looking for a rich husband. Case in point, if I were, my boyfriend would have been struck off the list long ago.

"I get very envious when I see my friend's boyfriends bringing them to classy romantic dining establishments and gifting them with expensive presents on their birthdays. And this is when their boyfriends are still studying and just living on the pay from their part-time jobs. If they can afford to do so, why not my boyfriend? To make things clear, I myself am very generous to my boyfriend in gifting him with presents. I am not trying in any way to cheat his money.

Errrrr, I don't think anybody gets her wrong. :rolleyes:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's strongly advisable for the BF to dump this girl. Not even started working yet, not even setting up a family and having a roof yet, and still wants to enjoy those lavishness.

Brubeck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is hard to be a male in Singapore.

1. serve NS (2 years behind in career)
2. compete with FTs for jobs
3. demanding girlfriends
4. got to support parents
5. got to keep up with the Joneses
6. got to upgrade car, house all the time
7. got to take crap from the pappies govt

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Maybe he's good in bed which is why she's staying.

Brubeck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's why cannot treat bitches too well, they'll take for granted. Just finger 'em, fuck 'em and forget 'em !

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Cant even serve man well and want this want that. Even geylang gals treat me better!

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Easy to hook this type of girl.

Just bring her to Michelin stars restaurant and bed her at Raffles Hotel. Do not even need to be her boyfriend to have sex with her.

Simple.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If she wants to go to those atas place, she can bring her bf and pay for it herself,,,and her BD how come bf pay? than BF bd she pay or bf pay? everything is about guys paying,,,what a freaking joke,,

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
maybe she needs to find out what the other girlfriends do that she didn't to make the bf more generous.