• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If you think living expenses is expensive in Singapore try Sydney.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hear you guys discussed about Australia also shiok, I like the place especially Melbourne but I cannot stand Aussies (as in the ang-mohs). Used to work with them, as in my colleagues, for 9.5 years most of them are pretty racist although they don't say it but you can see their body language look at Asians with disdain. Anyway I've chosen Bangkok but unlike you I've discharged all assets and left for good.

I find Europeans and Aussies more racists than North Americans.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh, you want HFJ type ah. Aiyah, where got fun like this? Got a lot of this type in Sydney lah. Wei, you go alone? Go alone no fun one.

Bro Ash007,

Not this type lah. Only want those that goes flirty flirty type. Not the full course. Dangerous in Australia. FYI, if a wife divoice her husband, then HALF of ALL his assets will go to the woman. No pray pray hor. :eek: :mad:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah Love Aldi, hate forgetting to bring my "Green Bags" out with me whenever I head over to Aldi.. Loving their tissues at the moment ($1 per box of pretty good quality)
:biggrin:

Mate of mine says the fresh produce (meat) is dodgy, due to the amount of water being soaked in them? I'm not sure of that as I've never tried their meats as yet.

Bro valiant20,

Whenever you forget to bring your "green bag", you can always get those carton boxes from the stackers. There are plenty of these boxes to contain the items you purchase. It is free. Not sure if the Aldi near your place has similar practice. :smile: :confused:

Oh meat product dodgy? Thanks for the info. So far I only buy the vacuum packed imported smoke salmon from Aldi when they have sales. I always buy my meat from the Asian butcher shops. They are always cheaper and provide additional services such as removing the skin, chopping up the ribs, deboning, plus they give good advice on the type of meat most situable for the type of cooking etc. :smile: :wink:

BTW, the cheapest shopping time for perishable is during the last few opening hours of Aldi before the long Christmas shutdown. They simply marked down the prices to clear the stocks. Dirt cheap I must say. Found that out recently. And I was shocked at the prices. Reminds me of that late night shopping one day before the CNY eve in Singapore. Will attempt to check it out for the coming long Easter break. :biggrin: :eek:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh, you want HFJ type ah. Aiyah, where got fun like this? Got a lot of this type in Sydney lah. Wei, you go alone? Go alone no fun one.

Bro Ash,

I don't have kaki in Sdyney. :o :(

So far I been a goot boi here. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Please PM me if you have any kang tow. :wink: :smile:

larky28

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMO and growth hormone food are everywhere .. It is naive to think you only get this type of food in US.. Just google GMO , growth hormone,pesticide foods and China, the extend which the Chinese are producing these type of food are even more shocking..and they are exporting them all over Asia. In the US, if you want to get organic foods and cage free meats without growth hormone , they are many local farmers who advertised their excess produce in craigslist for much lesser price than Whole Foods. In city state Spore, getting these type of food is almost impossible without paying thru' the nose.
be prepared to be "supersized" with gmo and growth hormones in the food and beverage chain. truly wholesome naturally grown organic food is 3 times the cost of regular supermarket food.

SongBoh

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GMO and growth hormone food are everywhere .. It is naive to think you only get this type of food in US.. Just google GMO , growth hormone,pesticide foods and China, the extend which the Chinese are producing these type of food are even more shocking..and they are exporting them all over Asia. In the US, if you want to get organic foods and cage free meats without growth hormone , they are many local farmers who advertised their excess produce in craigslist for much lesser price than Whole Foods. In city state Spore, getting these type of food is almost impossible without paying thru' the nose.

Singapore is a concrete jungle. Land too precious for agricultural use. Agriculture cannot contribute much to the GDP. Then we ended up eating all kinds of imported food which we don't even know what is inside. Like that song boh?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GMO and growth hormone food are everywhere ..

yeah, but do you see the obesity epidemic in the rest of the world compared to the u.s.? the obesity phenomenon in the u.s. started in the 70s. there's special legislation that has been in place for decades in favor of corn farmers. check the back of every non-organic food package and beverage container, and you'll see corn-based derivatives and/or corn syrup. any foodstuff with corn or its derivative in it will allow the producer to claim federal kickbacks. every tom dick and harry food and beverage producer seize this benefit by inserting corn in their products. nutritionists have claimed that this one ubiquitous ingredient plus artificial sweeteners may have contributed to the obesity problem in the u.s.

larky28

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let get real..most American are the most ignorant and brainwash people in the world...but that doesn't mean everyone here is so stupid..
I learnt about reading the ingredient on the food product when I was in the state.. I never even heard about high fructose corn syrup before I came over here. When I went back to Spore , I checked the same Smucker jam sold in NTUC contain the same high fructose corn syrup but most Sporean are not even aware. It is up to individual to broaden his mind and have made sound choice. At least in the US, I have the choice not to buy those thing that are harmful.

yeah, but do you see the obesity epidemic in the rest of the world compared to the u.s.? the obesity phenomenon in the u.s. started in the 70s. there's special legislation that has been in place for decades in favor of corn farmers. check the back of every non-organic food package and beverage container, and you'll see corn-based derivatives and/or corn syrup. any foodstuff with corn or its derivative in it will allow the producer to claim federal kickbacks. every tom dick and harry food and beverage producer seize this benefit by inserting corn in their products. nutritionists have claimed that this one ubiquitous ingredient plus artificial sweeteners may have contributed to the obesity problem in the u.s.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let get real..most American are the most ignorant and brainwash people in the world...but that doesn't mean everyone here is so stupid..
I learnt about reading the ingredient on the food product when I was in the state..

right. so, don't give the wrong impression that cheap american food is good. cheap american food is trash. it's contributing to the acute healthcare crisis that we face today. to eat and drink healthily here in the u.s., it will cost 3 times more...which is my original argument. duh. :rolleyes: