• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If you think living expenses is expensive in Singapore try Sydney.

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Those Sinkies who complained that Papayas are expensive in Australia are RETARDS that forgot the Papaya is a tropical fruit and that there are many other fruit options that are cheaper in Australia depending on the seasons. Australian apples & oranges definitely cannot be cheaper in Singapore who imports every fruit than in Australia who produces and exports all sorts of fruit.

Took the words right from my mouth!

Apologgies Can't type well. On my iphon as well as eating roasted chicken from the local shops :p $14 for 2 whole chickens.. Can't find equivalent in SG, considering I spent the last 3 years back there :wink:

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro winners,

Thanks to agreeing with that S$1.1b costing. Singaporeans are unwittingly paying for that. It is part of the transport fare. :mad:

As for the cost of living in Sydney, perhaps your Malaysian friend feels that way. I am not sure of his background. So I cannot comment. Most cashiers are part timers i.e. causal - likely to be students or those looking for work in between break. If he is on causal work, of course it is deemed expensive on a relative sense, even though the minimum wage here is A$15.51 an hour, considering he needs to pay rent and other expenses too. :rolleyes: :wink:

What I can comment is that a normal working PMET in Australia can live it up in style. So do tradies i.e. plumbers, carpenters, electricians etc etc - those blue collars. They all can live it up in style. Take a look at Ash's posting below again. He is a young professional, just gotten a new home in Sydney and a new born recently. :wink: :smile:

Yes, if you are a working PMET in Australia, life will be much easier and probably with less stress as well. Most are also paid weekly so they don't have too much cashflow problem. Like I said before, if you ever have 3 children, the total grants and benefits from the government (applicable only to citizens) may also be sufficient for a conservative living standard.

Vehicles in Sinkie Land is of course the most expensive in the world. My cousin in Montreal has 5 cars, but only 2 drivers: his wife and himself. Sometimes I don't understand why he needs so many cars even though he may be a car fanatic. But since you can have a used BMW Roadster for less than C$5k, so why not? Back in the early 2000's when I was in Italy, I told my colleague that a TOYOTA COROLLA costs S$90k in Sinkie Land, he said that for this price, I can have a new BMW 3-series and with additional spare cash in Europe.

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, its in the original post with liberal of sarcasm implied. I'm sure people in Singapore can survive better then me since they are only the 6th most expensive in the world. :wink: Oh, been catching the train, so nice, can watch movie on my ipad. My fuel cost has gone from like $50 a week to like $50 a month now.

Bro Ash,

How are you? Long time no chat. :smile:

Wow, free bus services in the various councils? Randwick City no haf. :o :(

BTW, I found that KTV in Ashfield. It is opposite that Taste of Shanghai, Ashfield Store, Liverpool Road. Also slightly opposite Ashfield City Council. :biggrin:

Hey, why don't you tell folks here more about your new freehold home @ Bridge Crossings i.e. how many rooms, land size, etc and how much it cost? :rolleyes: :wink:

Also tell them how much your "drive till you don't want to drive" Mini cost you. :biggrin: :eek:

They may begin to understand that the savings in these two big ticket items can get you a long long way in this very "expensive" Sydney city. :eek: :rolleyes:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is where i have to cum in to defend the sg system.... every freaking cent that goes into the system, they will outspend it in nanoseconds. :*:

Bro eatshitndie,

Sorry, I am not familiar with the US systems. I am only commenting about the "cheap" transport fare in Singapore. What I wanted to highlight is that it is not that cheap with that S$1.1 billion injected into those two companies. It is a issue of perception vs reality. :eek: :smile:

Worth mentioning is the obscene pay those top CBL are getting in those transport organisation. Where do their obscene profit come from? :confused: :*:

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, if you are a working PMET in Australia, life will be much easier and probably with less stress as well. Most are also paid weekly so they don't have too much cashflow problem. Like I said before, if you ever have 3 children, the total grants and benefits from the government (applicable only to citizens) may also be sufficient for a conservative living standard.

Vehicles in Sinkie Land is of course the most expensive in the world. My cousin in Montreal has 5 cars, but only 2 drivers: his wife and himself. Sometimes I don't understand why he needs so many cars even though he may be a car fanatic. But since you can have a used BMW Roadster for less then C$5k, so why not? Back in the early 2000's when I was in Italy, I told my colleague that a TOYOTA COROLLA costs S$90k in Sinkie Land, he said that for this price, I can have a BMW 3-series and with additional spare cash in Europe.
Its a common misconceptions that PR do not get or have lesser benefits here. Its not, it depends on the visa conditions you applied for. Most visas have restrictions on claiming centerlink payments in the 1st 2 years!It means after 2 years you can claim the same benefits like any aussies here, most are entitled to full medicare benefits. In fact, from ATOs point of view, as long as you are an aussie resident for more then 6months, citizen/PR you play by the same rules as everyone else. So the only difference between a PR/Citizen is really small from a TAX/Benefit point of view, the main difference I'm aware of are 1)Vote, 2)Jury duty, 3)Aussie passport. 4) Jobs (Certain jobs, govt, finance, military, requires that you are an aussie).

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway, to sum it up: Aussie Land is not suitable for me for permanent residence. I can't say for others. Neither am I residing in Sinkie Land now although my assets are still there.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Took the words right from my mouth!

Apologgies Can't type well. On my iphon as well as eating roasted chicken from the local shops :p $14 for 2 whole chickens.. Can't find equivalent in SG, considering I spent the last 3 years back there :wink:

Careful with chicken skin bro, too much cholesterol

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, its in the original post with liberal of sarcasm implied. I'm sure people in Singapore can survive better then me since they are only the 6th most expensive in the world. :wink: Oh, been catching the train, so nice, can watch movie on my ipad. My fuel cost has gone from like $50 a week to like $50 a month now.

Bro Ash,

That is alot of savings $150 a month from fuel cost alone. :smile:

BTW, just realised that it should be Ropes Crossing. Paiseh. :wink:

http://www.ropescrossing.com.au/~/m...rossing/Documents/ropescrossing_brochure.ashx

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Anyway, to sum it up: Aussie Land is not suitable for me for permanent residence. I can't say for others. Neither am I residing in Sinkie Land now although my assets are still there.

Hear you guys discussed about Australia also shiok, I like the place especially Melbourne but I cannot stand Aussies (as in the ang-mohs). Used to work with them, as in my colleagues, for 9.5 years most of them are pretty racist although they don't say it but you can see their body language look at Asians with disdain. Anyway I've chosen Bangkok but unlike you I've discharged all assets and left for good.

Enforcer

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hear you guys discussed about Australia also shiok, I like the place especially Melbourne but I cannot stand Aussies (as in the ang-mohs). Used to work with them, as in my colleagues, for 9.5 years most of them are pretty racist although they don't say it but you can see their body language look at Asians with disdain. Anyway I've chosen Bangkok but unlike you I've discharged all assets and left for good.

If you did not choose Bangkok, where would be your next choice?

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, when I was last at the Melbourne’s Queen Victoria Market, I find the majority of their fruits and vegetables there being more expensive or at most equivalent (for some) to those in Sinkie Land. Imagine A$4 (=S$5.10) for a medium sized papaya. Furthermore, this is where most locals go to for their needs, not exactly a tourist hot-spot.

My ex-neighbor whose son-in-law was working under SingTel and stationed in Perth, also complained that majority of daily and marketing needs are more expensive in Perth than in Singapore.

Bro winners,

Sorry, I am a pure Sydneysider. I don't know anything about Melbourne’s Queen Victoria Market. I only know about QVB (Queen Victoria Building) in Sydney. That is a touristy place. Very ex. :mad:

As for papaya, yes, the paw paw are expensive in Australia. I always eat alot of papaya whenever I go back Singapore. :wink: :smile:

At the end of the day, one must figure out where the lobangs are. Otherwise they will pay through their nose and complain about things being expensive. What I want to emphasis is that they are not. As a retiree, I diligently go through those promotional brouchers to find bargains. :eek: :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
If you did not choose Bangkok, where would be your next choice?

No choice la, not that I planned to leave but investments into Thailand got higher then sales also got higher followed by JV with kiwi in production then sales got even higher no choice LL got to move there to personally take care cannot remote control anymore, if not I really enjoy my lazy and carefree lifestyle in sinkieland 6-7 years ago.

Enforcer

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No choice la, not that I planned to leave but investments into Thailand got higher then sales also got higher followed by JV with kiwi in production then sales got even higher no choice LL got to move there to personally take care cannot remote control anymore, if not I really enjoy my lazy and carefree lifestyle in sinkieland 6-7 years ago.

I hope you're not rearing sheeps with Leongsam :wink:

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is ranked 6th, while in Sydney its 3rd behind Tokyo and Osaka. Bros in Singapore should stop KpKb about living expenses in Singapore. I can afford to drive a BMW and live in a landed property on a median wage while supporting a family at the same time. So Singapore can't be that bad.

Typical PAP IB excuse. If Singapore is expensive, compare with Sydney! If SIngapore's transport is poor, compare with India! If Singapore is crowded, compare with Tokyo! Like that no need million dollar minister.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you come to Sydney, certain suburbs is like in China, some like vietnam, some like Korea, some like middle east. If anything its hard to find a suburb where you have majority Aussies! I was half-expecting I'll be surrounded by white aussies when I move out west. Turns out there is like 3 ah nehs family across the street and like 3 chinese family on the same street as mine. Penrith might be the last white aussie suburb now.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oei when you coming to look at ropes crossing, the retirement village here has an open day. Got neil diamond concert also.
http://www.retirementbylendlease.com.au/retirement-villages/new-south-wales-and-act/rochford-place/news-and-events/rochford-place-open-day-and-neil-diamond-concert

Bro winners,

Sorry, I am a pure Sydneysider. I don't know anything about Melbourne’s Queen Victoria Market. I only know about QVB (Queen Victoria Building) in Sydney. That is a touristy place. Very ex. :mad:

As for papaya, yes, the paw paw are expensive in Australia. I always eat alot of papaya whenever I go back Singapore. :wink: :smile:

At the end of the day, one must figure out where the lobangs are. Otherwise they will pay through their nose and complain about things being expensive. What I want to emphasis is that they are not. As a retiree, I diligently go through those promotional brouchers to find bargains. :eek: :biggrin:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, all PAP IB are paid so well they are living overseas and performing their duties online.

Typical PAP IB excuse. If Singapore is expensive, compare with Sydney! If SIngapore's transport is poor, compare with India! If Singapore is crowded, compare with Tokyo! Like that no need million dollar minister.