• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If u r working and your parents r retired, how much u give them every month?

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello loser.

Off course we are grateful for being born winners. There's no need for us to give money to our parents since they already have millions in their bank accounts. Giving them 10K or more a month won't make any difference to them. But, we are always there by their side when they needed us. Our thoughts and presence are more important than any monetary contribution to our parents.

PAP is the best!

when my father turned 55, he had only 20K in his cpf. my mother even worse, and yet she's a big pappie cocksucker like most sinkie women. why dun your pappy friends give my crazy mother some gold peanuts so i don't have to worry about that traitor who betrays her own son?

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello loser.

Off course we are grateful for being born winners. There's no need for us to give money to our parents since they already have millions in their bank accounts. Giving them 10K or more a month won't make any difference to them. But, we are always there by their side when they needed us. Our thoughts and presence are more important than any monetary contribution to our parents.

PAP is the best!

hey nincompoop, stick your vomit in your anus

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
$2000.

Extra.
Plus lodging, food, travel oversea. Drink beer together. Money for playing jackpot.

Anyway I will not be here without them.

PS: I don't call it retirement. I just feel they deserve a good rest after 70 of age. Sad to see those old "generation SG50 folks" collecting plate.

good son keep it up

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most parents are financially independent (thanks to PAP's policies). Most parents understand the financial burden of their children having to get married and set up a new family, there are lots of things to pay so most parents don't expect their children to give them any money.

It will be good if children spend more time with parents like going out to eat, holidays or just visiting - these I believe are the greatest gifts a parent will feel fulfilling.

the children under paying will be shooting at own feet as little assets will be willed to them.......... it is quite often that their parents are cash poor but asset very rich

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the children under paying will be shooting at own feet as little assets will be willed to them.......... it is quite often that their parents are cash poor but asset very rich

wait a minute, you mean children give money to their parent is all about the assets being willed to them when they die????

so that is their level of filial piety.. nice one sinkies!!!! That is why i stay away from sinkies.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a time honored tradition expression of filial piety. I gave $200/- monthly until they passed on. And I expect my kids to do the same even if I am financially independent.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I give them $1500 each per month. And I will give extra if they need additional money to go for tour trips with their friends. My parents were not rich when I was a kid, so I still have to take care of them financially in their old age.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I give them $1500 each per month. And I will give extra if they need additional money to go for tour trips with their friends. My parents were not rich when I was a kid, so I still have to take care of them financially in their old age.

Since your comments have to be taken with a big pinch of salt, going to disregard your comment.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$5000 per month.

A bit too much, for daily expenses, utilities, food, mobile phone bills, medicine....$3,000 will do. Have four kids, $600 each...three kids $1,000 each...two, $1,500 each...one too bad $3,000-$5,000, for both of them would have spoilt that one, rotten.

jw5

Loyal
Give your parents what you can afford and what is mutually acceptable between you and them. It's nobody else's business how much you give them and no reason at all to compare with others. :wink:

Just doing a quick check. How much u give your parents every month? $100? $200? Or even $1000. Or more?

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Give your parents what you can afford and what is mutually acceptable between you and them. It's nobody else's business how much you give them and no reason at all to compare with others. :wink:

This is akin to asking how much do you put in the Lunar New Year ang pow or how much money you put in the wedding red-packet or the pei kim lui ...

You just don't want to "lose face".

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
That's why I said this is between the threadstarter and his parents.

If his parents are going around telling everyone how much their son is giving them, my suggested amount is hence the following: $0 :biggrin:

This is akin to asking how much do you put in the Lunar New Year ang pow or how much money you put in the wedding red-packet or the pei kim lui ...

You just don't want to "lose face".

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

If his parents are going around telling everyone how much their son is giving them, my suggested amount is hence the following: $0 :biggrin:

I thought the coffeeshop is talk cock. Can talk anything under the sun!

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Come to think of it, it is a smart question... maybe he wants to know how much each of us earn roughly .. so, this is a good question to ask especially it touches on the subject on filial piety ... few can give 100% of our income to your parents .. so around the 10% or 20% of income may be the estimate.

So, now you know how much boss sam makes ...

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Well, if you think he is trying to be smart, then try and be smarter. That is the sammyboy spirit, which shall always prevail! :p

Come to think of it, it is a smart question... maybe he wants to know how much each of us earn roughly .. so, this is a good question to ask especially it touches the subject on filial piety ... few can give 100% of our income to your parents .. so around the 10% or 20% of income may be the estimate.

So, now you know how much boss sam makes ...