• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I Love Singapore

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Indeed, I've reached a stage where, it does not matter if you leave or stay as long as you are happy. A lot of Singaporean that migrated still feels the same towards the country. People migrate for many reasons. Aussieland used to have a liberal open door policy like Singapore. Anyone that has a cert from TAFE, ITE-poly equivalent, could migrate under the Howard government. This changed when Labor came into power and stopped the massive migrations that is happening then. Your brother needing to take IELTs is part of the results. Unless Singapore can change their government and send a strong signal that we do not appreciate this sort of policy nothing much will change. Anything else about "we are sorry", "its and honest mistake", are just lip service. But is a change of government really possible? Even for the next GE? I highly doubt so. Perhaps leaving the country is the best option for both your health and happiness.

I support the aussie govt for importing only the best and those who can help aus level up. That's a responsible govt. If my bro migrates, he must help his new country level up. Requiring a PR applicant to take IELTS is a right policy and I am glad that the aussie govt has the courage to demand that of all PR aspirant

is that too much for singaporeans to demand that of the pap?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You know, I always thought you'll make a good minister overseas. Very vocal and passionate. Wish you brother the best of luck in Aussieland, Sydney? Give us a pm here if he needs any help here in the emigration folder. :wink:

You make me sound like a very determined gal.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
The change only happened because of a change in government. The aussie people asked and voted for the change. You, asking the PAP government to change, no matter how passionate or logical it is won't happen.

I support the aussie govt for importing only the best and those who can help aus level up. That's a responsible govt. If my bro migrates, he must help his new country level up. Requiring a PR applicant to take IELTS is a right policy and I am glad that the aussie govt has the courage to demand that of all PR aspirant

is that too much for singaporeans to demand that of the pap?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The change only happened because of a change in government. The aussie people asked and voted for the change. You, asking the PAP government to change, no matter how passionate or logical it is won't happen.

whether it happens or not is beyond me. it's up to Singaporeans and the pap to decide.

but i feel strongly enough to make my point

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'll make a guess that 90% of the people that visit this forum totally agrees with what you are saying. Its the 60.1% that voted for PAP in the last GE you have to convince. Its pretty sad that political "activism" in Singapore is non-existent. Perhaps you can do some sort of grassroot political activism to get the ball rolling?

whether it happens or not is beyond me. it's up to Singaporeans and the pap to decide.

but i feel strongly enough to make my point

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are not? I admire people like that. Passionate. especially in a girl.

I think ultimately what i said makes sense is what matters. it is not how I said it.

it's like LHL...what he said often doesnt make sense. he has been promoted to a level beyond his competency. and that's tragic. look at what's happening to SG.

many tourists and foreigners speak admirably of SG and the pap.

But they do not experience what Singaporeans are going through so what these tourists say are not credible. Listen to SG taxi drivers. they are wise people!

SG is crumbling...

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'll make a guess that 90% of the people that visit this forum totally agrees with what you are saying. Its the 60.1% that voted for PAP in the last GE you have to convince. Its pretty sad that political "activism" in Singapore is non-existent. Perhaps you can do some sort of grassroot political activism to get the ball rolling?

I dont blame the 60%. I give credit to the 40% who can see through the pap's propaganda.

SADDAM Hussein got 90% of the popular vote with his propaganda. and pap got only 60% at GE 2011 despite controlling MSM fully...

PE 2011, PAP got 35% and BE 2012, PAP got 38%.

do you see the free fall of pap?

will the pap survive the next GE?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its pretty sad that political "activism" in Singapore is non-existent. Perhaps you can do some sort of grassroot political activism to get the ball rolling?

the pap cant deny political activism in SG for long. Malaysia has abolished the ISA and last week, the Malaysian High Court ruled against BN govt for stifling legitimate activism in malaysia.

the pap continues to stifle at its own peril .

the right way forward is for the pap to listen to what is bothering the people and not to stifle legitimate, constructive critcisms

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

do you see any substantial change in pap's policies compared to before GE 2011?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
its like ballroom dancing, the guy has to have the courage to ask the girl to dance, and the girl has to have the courage to let the guy lead the way. Being submissive for girls is a very natural act, don't let the AWARE nutjobs says otherwise.

Thanks...I can be very submissive to my loved one

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

from BE 2012, I can confidently say that 62% of Singaporeans agree that the pap is a bad govt. The pap and LHL want to save face and claim that this 62% is only localised at Hougang and is because of Low Thia Kiang's effect.

How wrong the pap and LHL are. if they prefer to live in their Ivory Tower and not see the ground swell against their policies, they will be in for a rude shock. GY has already said that he was surprised and taken aback at the anger against the pap in 2011. Has LHL not learnt from it?

I am hoping a credible team challenges him at AMK GRC at the next GE.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its like ballroom dancing, the guy has to have the courage to ask the girl to dance, and the girl has to have the courage to let the guy lead the way. Being submissive for girls is a very natural act, don't let the AWARE nutjobs says otherwise.

Unlike the feminists, I believe being submissive is feminine and strength.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are comparing another country with another. I thought the closest we came was when JBJ won and there was a glimmer of "democracy" happening. Till there is a change in govt. This is not happening. At least another 50 years I think.

the pap cant deny political activism in SG for long. Malaysia has abolished the ISA and last week, the Malaysian High Court ruled against BN govt for stifling legitimate activism in malaysia.

the pap continues to stifle at its own peril .

the right way forward is for the pap to listen to what is bothering the people and not to stifle legitimate, constructive critcisms

do you see any substantial change in pap's policies compared to before GE 2011?

from BE 2012, I can confidently say that 62% of Singaporeans agree that the pap is a bad govt. The pap and LHL want to save face and claim that this 62% is only localised at Hougang and is because of Low Thia Kiang's effect.

How wrong the pap and LHL are. if they prefer to live in their Ivory Tower and not see the ground swell against their policies, they will be in for a rude shock. GY has already said that he was surprised and taken aback at the anger against the pap in 2011. Has LHL not learnt from it?

I am hoping a credible team challenges him at AMK GRC at the next GE.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We are comparing another country with another. I thought the closest we came was when JBJ won and there was a glimmer of "democracy" happening. Till there is a change in govt. This is not happening. At least another 50 years I think.

You may be right...but I am an optimist.

With the proliferation of social media, a better educated and well travelled electorate, SG today is vastly different from that of JBJ's era.

LDP fell after 50yrs, Aus had new govt, Cameron won in UK, Ma won in Taiwan, Thailand had a change in govt, so did S Korea...nothing is impossible in SG as I think Singaporeans are quite sophisticated.

that's my hope

Last edited:

voidable

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel exactly the way you feel being Australian and Singaporean. Love singapore but actually, also fucking hate it. The feelings are very mixed. When I hear about Singapore overseas I will always jump and go ok I gotta listen to this bit. No matter what some bit knows it is also my home.

Gotta whinge. So slow paced. Minimum wage in Aussie is so good. the citizens treated so well by the government. Medicare and free doctor's consultation.

Singapore: so fast paced. so Beautiful. So efficient. So small. So crammed. Such angry people. Such sad overworked faces. Not much social benefits for its citizens.
Where would you prefer?

Wasn't it revolutionary when Ma won in Taiwan. Shows something doesn't it. Singapore has had the same government for 50 years hows that possible if its not an authoritarian government?

Last edited:

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry lady,another slight change is in order,not authoritarianism but benign-authoritarianism,the only authoritarian government today is Communist North Korea.Regards.

Balancemind

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks...I can be very submissive to my loved one

Lady, that I am fully aware of especially old timer like yours truely in this forum since the good old days before it move house over here. :smile: I am glad you are doing well by the passionate posts and threads that you have contributed. Could it be that you have got that right half this time and the time taken up at Cameron Highland did the trick. Good for true blue oppressed Singkee like us to read the thought of yours. At least we know we are not alone. :rolleyes:
Having 100% imports to represent us in our table tennis last Olympic and this time as well to my mind is only self serving of the miw to look good. Hope you will not be angry and allow me to say that you should be more understanding of them as a female. When you walk into any departmental store you will note that the prime space within it that greeted customers when they walk in is first the comestic and to be followed by the ladies apparell thereafter. In both departments foreign brands are what many a female looks and hank for. Don't that tell you that our miw is just as vain as the ladies and will not hestitate to blew the pockets except in their case the $$$ is ours and not theirs. If they cannot hook a sugar daddy the next best time is of course to bluff one and there is no shortage of air heads here to be exact 60.1% is a good figure to start with :biggrin:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I feel exactly the way you feel being Australian and Singaporean. Love singapore but actually, also fucking hate it. The feelings are very mixed. When I hear about Singapore overseas I will always jump and go ok I gotta listen to this bit. No matter what some bit knows it is also my home.

I am not an Australian.

I love SG. Unlike you, I dont hate Singapore.

Last edited: