• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I just want my coffee!

bigbossman

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is wrong with Singapore. Can't a man just buy his coffee? And why do students like to study in public places?

I just want my coffee!

Photo illustration
This humorous exchange between a cafe staff and a STOMPer highlights how service standards still have a way to go, especially when it comes to over-zealous staff.

Mark n Evan emailed STOMP on Oct 22, and said:

"At a cafe in Serangoon Gardens Branch (21 October 2008)

Me (to service staff behind counter) : Hi, can you clear the table? (points to uncleared table)

Service staff: Are you studying? You cannot study here. ( There were students, {I'm not a student, too old to even look like one} obviously studying in the place. )

Me: I just want to have coffee.

Service Staff: You cannot study here.

Me (annoyed): I just want a cup of coffee. Can I drink coffee here?

Service Staff: You cannot study here, ok.

Me: (Walks back to table, describes unhappy experience to partner, who was also unhappy and we left the establishment)

"Is this acceptable practice? I was so annoyed!

"Disclaimer: It was something like that, not the exact words of course but to that extent."

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/viewContent.jsp?id=39687

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u wan coffee? ... cum 2 sam's afresco coffee shop ... drink as much as u can ... :biggrin:

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
students studying everywhere - too much homework/exams/stress ... and too little facilities/amenities/resources ...

typical of a developing country with limited welfare/benefits ... :wink: