• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

RM44 For A Starbucks Drink

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

MMU Student Regrets Simply Nodding After Paying RM44 For A Starbucks Drink​

BY RACHEL CHUAH

MAY 11, 2023

Sources: Facebook/MMU Confessions/Pexels
Sources: Facebook/MMU Confessions/Pexels

If you’re feeling bougie, you may spend a little bit more for a cup of coffee at Starbucks. After all, sometimes, we all like to treat ourselves to nice things, even if it is a little more expensive than usual. However, no matter how bougie you feel, no one wants to spend almost RM50 on a cup of Starbucks coffee!
Recently, a student from Multimedia University (MMU) claimed she had been buying coffee from Starbucks when she made a huge mistake. Needless to say, said mistake cost her dearly; a total of RM44, in fact!
SOURCE: PIXABAY
Yesterday (10th May), the student took to MMU’s Facebook confession page to air her grievance. Apparently, the student had visited Starbucks to get a cup of coffee for herself. However, while ordering, she ran into a problem. “I couldn’t understand the staff’s English,” she shared. “(So,) I just nodded.
Unfortunately, that came back to bite her when she received her bill. From a mere RM21.50 drink, she had wracked up a RM44 bill. The bill showed several extra charges for added ingredients, such as caramel drizzle and cookie crumbs. The staff had apparently laughed upon seeing the face she made at the bill. “(I’m) really regretting it,” she lamented.

ADVERTISEMENT​

As some netizens said, it was better to just thank the cashier after placing their order. One fellow netizen who had apparently worked at a café claimed this was normal procedure. “When ordering it is recommended you (only) say the size you want, otherwise, just say no,” he shared. Another added that they should have just been honest and admitted they didn’t understand English. “It’s better than regretting,” they said.
SOURCE: FACEBOOK/MMU CONFESSIONS
Well, it’s certainly an expensive and painful lesson to learn. We sincerely hope the student manages to have a better time ordering coffee from Starbucks in the future.
Sources: Facebook, China Press

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Serve her right. Better to go drink tea at mamak or kopitiam, you bet roti paratha or kaya toast and still cheaper.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had, in my wild and youthful days. Starbucks just arrived in Sinkieland, the novelty factor was there. :biggrin:

actually so nice meh ? 1 cup so expensive...............last time before Starbucks came here, there was one atas coffeeshop at Suntec............1 cup $8.50 back in the late 90s.........

anyway i drink coffee only when i have migraine or constipation............ :biggrin: ................i drink liao, my blood sugar will crash and feel super hungry.......

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually so nice meh ? 1 cup so expensive...............last time before Starbucks came here, there was one atas coffeeshop at Suntec............1 cup $8.50 back in the late 90s.........

anyway i drink coffee only when i have migraine or constipation............ :biggrin: ................i drink liao, my blood sugar will crash and feel super hungry.......

Sometimes others bought for me, anyway I drank their frappucino. :biggrin:

Starbucks-Secret-Menu-Coconut-Cream-Pie-Frappuccino.png

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sometimes others bought for me, anyway I drank their frappucino. :biggrin:

Starbucks-Secret-Menu-Coconut-Cream-Pie-Frappuccino.png

wah................so good ah.............got free drinks ah.............how come got green colour one ?:thumbsdown:

now i cheapskate..............drink Fairprice instant coffee powder + milo................= mocha ??? :roflmao: