• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I AM eight months pregnant, but...

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
May 25, 2010

Pregnant, but she has to 'fight' for priority seats

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
I AM eight months pregnant and I commute to and from work by the MRT daily.
As my pregnancy progressed, so too did the intensity of backaches and tiredness. I have now resorted to unabashedly asking commuters to give up their priority seats to me. But how does one ask for seats occupied by people who are apparently in deep sleep?
A couple of times, I found myself having to "fight" for the priority seat with other women. Needless to say, I lost the battle, but the women did not appear to be embarrassed that someone else had to give up their non-priority seat to me.
While I hate to make expectant mothers sound vulnerable and frail, the fact is we are more tired and in greater discomfort than any healthy, non-pregnant person at any given time.
The authorities should consider blocking those reserved seats so that pregnant women will no longer need to fight for them or bear with other people's selfishness.
Seow Shih Wee (Ms)

http://www.shape.com.sg/shaperun09/results-and-photos.php

<TABLE style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 8px" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=200 bgColor=#f17a2a><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" vAlign=top width=75 align=middle>
10-7.jpg
</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" vAlign=top width=125 align=left>7<SUP>th</SUP>
Name: Seow Shih Wee
Tag No.: 2525
Timing: 00:46:04.68</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://medicine.nus.edu.sg/medsur/aboutUs_highlightsOfAchievements_2007.html

Singapore Urological Association Annual Scientific Meeting – Best Paper
Ms Seow Shih Wee won the "Best Paper" award at the Singapore Urological Association- Annual scientific meeting held on the 2nd March 2007. Ms Seow Shih Wee is a student under Dr Ratha Mahendran, Senior Research Fellow of Department of Surgery.
The title of her paper is "Exploring the Potential of Lactobacillus Rhamnosus Strain GG (LGG) as an Adjuvant Therapy for Bladder Cancer using Murine Model”. The other authors are Juwita Norasmara (Laboratory Officer, Department of Surgery), Bay Boon Huat, Lee Yuan Kun and Dr Ratha Mahendran.

radon39

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who ask the hubby be such a hopeless bastard....never buy car...knn...have baby abd wat ppl to give u seat....go die lah

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
alamak so easy...take cab lah.
the whole car belongs to u some more got taxi uncle as ur ahmad.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
May 25, 2010

As my pregnancy progressed, so too did the intensity of backaches and tiredness. I have now resorted to unabashedly asking commuters to give up their priority seats to me. But how does one ask for seats occupied by people who are apparently in deep sleep?
A couple of times, I found myself having to "fight" for the priority seat with other women. Needless to say, I lost the battle, but the women did not appear to be embarrassed that someone else had to give up their non-priority seat to me.
While I hate to make expectant mothers sound vulnerable and frail, the fact is we are more tired and in greater discomfort than any healthy, non-pregnant person at any given time.
The authorities should consider blocking those reserved seats so that pregnant women will no longer need to fight for them or bear with other people's selfishness.
Seow Shih Wee (Ms)

<TABLE style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 8px" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=200 bgColor=#f17a2a><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" vAlign=top width=75 align=middle>
10-7.jpg
</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" vAlign=top width=125 align=left>7<SUP>th</SUP>

Ms Seow Shih Wee won the "Best Paper" award at the Singapore Urological Association- Annual scientific meeting held on the 2nd March 2007. Ms Seow Shih Wee is a student under Dr Ratha Mahendran, Senior Research Fellow of Department of Surgery.
The title of her paper is "Exploring the Potential of Lactobacillus Rhamnosus Strain GG (LGG) as an Adjuvant Therapy for Bladder Cancer using Murine Model”. The other authors are Juwita Norasmara (Laboratory Officer, Department of Surgery), Bay Boon Huat, Lee Yuan Kun and Dr Ratha Mahendran.

Come on guys! we lived in the First World! everything first class, so does our MRT! only those idiots who could not apprehend or understand those signages
on the Reserved Seat are Gondos!! Worsen these senerio are FT idiots who does not melt into our culture, they are quilty too! for taking up Reserved Seats.. come on be gracious and don't pretend to sleep on Reserved Seat!!!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Did i read what i am reading? 8 months pregnant and she still goes to work??? Something is wrong with your country.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
she can have the whole carriage to herself if she use abit of her brains. she just need to invest a small amount of $ to get her way.

buy the latest SAF LBV from army mkt, then insert as many chicken franks/sausages into the vest pockets & slots. brainless sinkies & stompers will panic & kanjiong on sight. they will think that its a suicide pregnant terrorist. call mata, call scdf, call the MRT staff.

then at the end, it will just bring more awareness to how much trouble it takes for a pregnant woman has to go thru to get a priority seat on the trains.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did i read what i am reading? 8 months pregnant and she still goes to work??? Something is wrong with your country.

CB kia tonychat,

no need announce to whole world u r a good-for-nothing OKT lah.

i know u just everyday shake leg n wait for whatever little $ your prostitute ladyboy wife brings home:biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What to do, husband can not a afford a car in this affordable land!:p

It is not about affording a car, in the eight month of pregnancy, it is quite dangerous for a woman to move around a lot. She should rest more at home to 'protect' her baby, or prevent any incident of mishap happening.

Your govt is one ass. How come no policy to keep the big tummy woman at home. This is terrible. IN other countries that is real first world, even some developing countries, dun allow such cruel thing to happen.

SInkieland is soooo sucks!!!!!

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tonychat you fucking loser of course not many of us are so spineless like you to be able to live off the earnings of prostitutes...:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

jw5

Loyal
I wonder what she means by "blocking the reserved seats".
Locking the seat up and giving pregnant women the key?

AndromedaAsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
May 25, 2010

Seow Shih Wee (Ms)

10-7.jpg

Please man.... I'm so sick of preggies complaining this kind of shit. Unlike the elderly people, where aging is a NATURAL consequence of living that long, nobody forced her to fuck and get pregnant. Nobody pointed a gun at her and forced to carry baby.

You want to be pregnant, deal with the fucking consequences! Stop whining when your backaches and you can't find a seat...

jw5

Loyal
Please man.... I'm so sick of preggies complaining this kind of shit. Unlike the elderly people, where aging is a NATURAL consequence of living that long, nobody forced her to fuck and get pregnant. Nobody pointed a gun at her and forced to carry baby.

You want to be pregnant, deal with the fucking consequences! Stop whining when your backaches and you can't find a seat...
I agree.
For the elderly and disabled, they should be given the seats without even having to ask.
For pregnant women, they should ask politely, but it's up to the seated people whether they want to give up the seats.
There was this case whereby a man grumbled to the press that he had to stand up and carry his baby on a crowded bus on a saturday night. Nobody offered to give him a seat.
My reply to him would be that he should have considered that before he decided to take a bus to town on a saturday night or perhaps even before he decided to make his wife pregnant.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What to do, husband can not a afford a car in this affordable land!:p

alamak...
nothing to do with cuntry or hubby lah.
nowsday many companies are trying to get rid of "loafers" to make way for fresh graduates - faster, better n cheaper mah.
so those preggos, oldies, mc kings/queens, etc... better guai guai shuddup n work or risk losing their jobs liao.
nowsday no more iron ricebowls hor even for civil servants - all plastic disposable type.
such is new company policy lor.
cantonese say: jee kay lor leh suay lor. ~sigh~:(

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is not about affording a car, in the eight month of pregnancy, it is quite dangerous for a woman to move around a lot. She should rest more at home to 'protect' her baby, or prevent any incident of mishap happening.

Your govt is one ass. How come no policy to keep the big tummy woman at home. This is terrible. IN other countries that is real first world, even some developing countries, dun allow such cruel thing to happen.

SInkieland is soooo sucks!!!!!

She must hang a sign, that says I am PREGNANT!!, so that people will give way, give up seats, usher her on-board buses, trains etc.. better still hang a small those siren lights..so that all can see.

The SINkieeland sucks...hate to agree with you, but with you, I may not be agreeable.

I usually feign sleep, when I see pregnant women on trains or on buses...the reason...SINgapore sucks...I have seen countless women ignoring their own sisters who are pregnant...so, how would you expect the men, whom me & other, sometime out of common courtesy give up thier hard earned seats.

It is the women the biggest culprits in not offering seats....go take a train or bus rides...you can verify this.

Eight months pregnant...shouldn't be jostling with the crowds at rush hour...she can cause infant distress, break her water bag..and make people inconvenience...or catches some viruses tha harm the infant & catches Chicken Pox that will kill the baby.

This silly woman, does not deserve a seat....:mad:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
but having said all that...
how to justify whether she's really pregnant or just severely overweight?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
alamak...
nothing to do with cuntry or hubby lah.
nowsday many companies are trying to get rid of "loafers" to make way for fresh graduates - faster, better n cheaper mah.
so those preggos, oldies, mc kings/queens, etc... better guai guai shuddup n work or risk losing their jobs liao.
nowsday no more iron ricebowls hor even for civil servants - all plastic disposable type.
such is new company policy lor.
cantonese say: jee kay lor leh suay lor. ~sigh~:(

Cantonese will say " sor bor"...:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
but having said all that...
how to justify whether she's really pregnant or just severely overweight?

Ah!, I berry good at this one...for I am a belly inspector:biggrin: fat tummies have 'love handles' at the side..the shape is not uniform...pregnant belly have a uniform roundness...it may be completely round, some elongated round...in short, they have an unfiform surface shape...go blow up a balloon or a condom..and you will know what I am talking about..the other thing would be, pregnant woman have swollen breasts...if you know breasts..you will know, what I mean..

The other would be age....one over 40 plus..with a big belly chances of that woman being pregnant...you take the long odds...over 50..longer odds...All the years of commuting by public transport... I have made enough observation to be a beri good belly inspector..:biggrin: