• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I am curious... Does LKY speak hakka dialect at home?

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like Hakka finance managers..... they make sure that my AR is maintained at low level and always manage to get better deals from supliers :biggrin:

Yeah they are very calculative! I'm not generalising cos I know a Hakka credit controller... and he's good at what he does.

On the flip side, don't ever lend money to your Hakka friend ... you will lose that friendship. :(

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a child growing up in Medan.... bahasa indonesia & hakka.
As a teenager man in Singkieland..... uses hakka to communicate with the fellow clansmen in Chinatown.
After returning from Oxford........ speaks angmo 99% of the time.
As an MM...... speaks rubbish 101% of the time :biggrin:

I like your answer. Up your points. :smile:

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are hated like the Jews.

More interestingly, Hakkas also tend to be overachievers like the Jewish people.

in the US, jews control everything from media to publishing, academia to finance to hollywood ... (most of the 'angmo' u see on hollywood tv are jews, & not real whites, unlike british tv) ...

in singapore ... the jewish community is small so they don't control things, another power-hungry group does :wink:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in the US, jews control everything from media to publishing, academia to finance to hollywood ... (most of the 'angmo' u see on hollywood tv are jews, & not real whites, unlike british tv) ...

in singapore ... the jewish community is small so they don't control things, another power-hungry group does :wink:

Hakkas are like Jews....................they help their own kind....................and they're loyal to no country .................

LKY is controlled by Jews...............

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
From biographies and books written by Alex Josey (his propagandist in the 60s) and Dennis Bloodsworth, he does not speak Hakka at home. Their parents were Babas, never spoke real Chinese dialects. His Hokkien was picked up and when he used it during his electoral campaigns, the children of the neighbourhood would laugh their asses off at him.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
All Blacks perform the Hakka as their prematch ritual.
They do not speak Hakka at home in Oxley Rise but outside there is definitely a Gurkha.

bluewolf

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway, Hakka is an unrooted, rolling moss accumulated or corrupted tongue. There's no such province or city as Hakka (there's Canton province or Teochew city or Hokkien province), it's lingo changes as they shifted from north to south China, and finally out of China into South-East Asia. You go China and try to speak Hakka or identity yourself as Hakka, you'd be laughed at (perhaps in courteous silent laughter). Hakka means nomadic and being guests everywhere without roots.

Hakkas are migrants from northern China during troubled periods in China. In fact, it is the LEAST corrupted language, and is supposedly closest to the language they speak in ancient times. You have obviously never been to China. There are large populations of Hakkas in Canton and Fujian, and they are known as Hakka. Hakka doesn't mean nomadic, it only means that when they migrated from northern China, they are like guests to the local people.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lot of Hakkas in Taiwan as well. Anyone know if the language is closer to Mandarin or Cantonese. I seem to be able to make out words for both when listening to my Hakka moi speak.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hakkas are migrants from northern China during troubled periods in China. In fact, it is the LEAST corrupted language, and is supposedly closest to the language they speak in ancient times. You have obviously never been to China. There are large populations of Hakkas in Canton and Fujian, and they are known as Hakka. Hakka doesn't mean nomadic, it only means that when they migrated from northern China, they are like guests to the local people.

Hakka is the only Han Chinese subgroup who don't have a home province.

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
He speaks; screw those peasants for guessing what i speak at home, so what if i have pigs blood mixed in genetics, i look chinese, i speak power and i eat money! So what concern is it to any non productive lesser mortal bad genetics hdb dwelling suckup-upon peasants? They jolly well be appreciative that i did not enforce compulsory prostitution of all women when i open the floodgate to FTs to replace them!

Looking at daughter, sigh of relief, "I shall asked Ling Ling to donate some DNA for research & cultivation of a resilient gene cell that can survived long term exposure until it finds a new host & alter the genetic makeup of the new host, let's have it cultivated & spread by waterborne method and every peasants will look like my lovely Ling Ling".

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A lot of Hakkas in Taiwan as well. Anyone know if the language is closer to Mandarin or Cantonese. I seem to be able to make out words for both when listening to my Hakka moi speak.

Hakka language should be closer to Mandarin from what I read.

anyway I once asked this to a friend who can speak all major Chinese dialects. he told me Hakka is nothing like Mandarin. He then said a few sentences of Hakka to me. I cannot understand a word. :confused:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
HakkaYongding.jpg