• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat How many of u can survive on your own?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for highlighting the steam mop. I wasn't aware this thing exists. I usually magicklean every alternate days and spin mop once every 2-3 weeks. The kitchen floor is clean every time when I do cooking which is almost every day.

I originally bought the more expensive Karcher steam cleaner which I use to clean the aircon. The Karcher unit has more pressure & you can be used it to clean kitchen countertops, sinks, toilet bowls, grouts, ..etc

However the smaller Black & Decker mop is more handy if you are cleaning the floors.
Here's a closer look:
[video=youtube;MULjw4I_6aQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MULjw4I_6aQ[/video]

When I bought mine it didn't come with the cup, extension cable for mini brush, etc. Just got the mop.

Rushwind

Alfrescian
Loyal
I originally bought the more expensive Karcher steam cleaner which I use to clean the aircon. The Karcher unit has more pressure & you can be used it to clean kitchen countertops, sinks, toilet bowls, grouts, ..etc

However the smaller Black & Decker mop is more handy if you are cleaning the floors.

When I bought mine it didn't come with the cup, extension cable for mini brush, etc. Just got the mop.

Thanks again. I will seriously look into replacing my spin mop with this steam mop. Mopping the floor is quite a back breaking exercise.

Thanks for highlighting the Karcher steam cleaner. I was looking at ways to more effectively clean toilet bowls, kitchen tops and hob. No need to clean aircon as I don't have air-conditioners in the house. Using ceiling and standing fans to cool the house.

Rushwind

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.karcher.sg/sg/Products/Home__Garden/Steam_cleaners/Products/15162200.htm

This one looks suitable for me as it is hand-held. Did you buy your Karcher online or from those retailers like Best Denki or Harvey Norman?

Rushwind

Alfrescian
Loyal
I use those high tech pants from Patagonia, Royal Robbins, Columbia,... they last for years & years, are comfortable & quick drying. Don't need to be ironed & I'm still using a pair I got 15 years ago. I use them everyday in Spore as well as when I'm traveling.

For shirts I like the Nike dri-fit Golf shirts. I've got 8 of them. Having a couple of spares reduces the need to do the laundry. They wick away perspiration & don't need ironing after washing. They have a silky texture & come in american sizes which helps to hides my spare tire:smile:

Does high tech pants make you feel hot? Maybe it is time for me to replace my adidas clima cool shirts with the nike dri fit shirts. The adidas are looking a little worn from a few years' use.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does high tech pants make you feel hot? Maybe it is time for me to replace my adidas clima cool shirts with the nike dri fit shirts. The adidas are looking a little worn from a few years' use.

The clima cool name is what Adidas calls their quick dry products. One of the reason I went with Nike is the wider selection of Colours available. They also have a line of Golf shirts with a silky feel.

I got my shirts from Amazon. The only place I've seen in Spore Carrying the same shirts has been in Takashemaya & the Royal Sports House at Funan. In Spore they cost around $80+

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The pants are for summer use. The ones I have include a built-in belt. The belt is useful because the pants are loose fitting

The pants from Royal Robbins come in both pants & shorts. The pants have zipper which allow you to convert them to pants.
Although I have both versions, when I need to use shorts I refer to use the Royal Robbins back country shorts because they are well designed.

It has many pockets, 6 of them. The 2 front pockets are secured with velcro. The one in the front right pocket both a zipper & velcro.
The back right & left pockets are deep & secured by velcro. I keep my wallet in this pocket. The side pockets are deep & things are unlikely to fall out when you sit down. The trousers have a UPF of 50+ sun protection

I have tested these pants in my travels to Thailand & I like them so much that I got 3 of them, each with a different colors. http://www.amazon.com/Royal-Robbins...47441011&keywords=royal+robbin+shorts+for+men

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Survive as in earn enough for decent quality of life. Cook your own meals, do your laundry, marketing, manage your finances.. Remember no helper or maid. And still look good, house looks good.. Etc. I can tell u, it's not easy!

No problem with keeping house. Only problem with mudlander crooks neighbours.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Here's a closer look:
[video=youtube;MULjw4I_6aQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MULjw4I_6aQ[/video]

For toilet bowl you can buy the Clorox brand. I find it very good. Just leave the gel there in the toilet bowl and flush off after some hours. No need to scrub at all.

For stain and mould on sinks, use the magic clean brand stain and mould removal. Just spray and leave it overnight and all the stains and mould will be gone. No need to scrub at all.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For toilet bowl you can buy the Clorox brand. I find it very good. Just leave the gel there in the toilet bowl and flush off after some hours. No need to scrub at all.

For stain and mould on sinks, use the magic clean brand stain and mould removal. Just spray and leave it overnight and all the stains and mould will be gone. No need to scrub at all.

i like to hire you as my part time maid.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
i like to hire you as my part time maid.

Last time I ever hired part time maid - btw in Spore not JB - and saw her using the same cloth to clean the toilet bowl and the sink. My method will save you money to hire part time maid and yet increased cleanliness by 100x.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I'm trying to be eco friendly. All those cleaning agents can't be healthy.

With my Karcher unit I can also clean my bathtub, soap scum buildup around my shower, ...

I notice that the hot steam really works.
The plumber used his dirty hands when he opened the false ceiling. I notice the area around the ceiling getting black & peeling, caused by the bacteria he left on the ceiling. So what I did was to zap the black area with steam. It killed the bacteria & the rot stopped

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm trying to be eco friendly. All those cleaning agents can't be healthy.

With my Karcher unit I can also clean my bathtub, soap scum buildup around my shower, ...

I notice that the hot steam really works.
The plumber used his dirty hands when he opened the false ceiling. I notice the area around the ceiling getting black & peeling, caused by the bacteria he left on the ceiling. So what I did was to zap the black area with steam. It killed the bacteria & the rot stopped

Yes steam cleaner is good for mattress cleaning too I heard. The magic cleaner stain & mould remover can be used on bathroom wall and floor tiles, grout, shower screen silicon too according to the label. Strong smelling indeed so need to spray and vacate quickly.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last time I ever hired part time maid - btw in Spore not JB - and saw her using the same cloth to clean the toilet bowl and the sink. My method will save you money to hire part time maid and yet increased cleanliness by 100x.

will forgive her and close one eye if she cums in a bikini.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just go minimalist. I survived on one suitcase and one handcarry full of stuff for two years on a work assignment. Electric supply would get cut off for a week or so, after a storm due to fallen trees. And it reinforces that one does not need much things to live day by day.

Use simple portable furniture that are easy to maintain. Wash floor involves no mopping, just throw water on floor and sweep water into drainage.....practise camping within a house. Can reconfigure the layout easily.

If you get a robot cleaner, you have to maintain the robot cleaner, worry that it breaks down, etc, etc, more burdern, more expenses.

Not really that hard if you lead a simple life. I've also had plenty of experience looking after myself during my Uni days.

I'm more likely to use hiking pants, polo shirts,.. that don't need much ironing. I cook simple but healthy meals. I only do housekeeping once a week & am considering getting one of those robot cleaners to do it more regularly. I go marketing about 2-3 times a week to get fresh food & avoid canned foods.

I worry about getting old in Spore when it will get harder to carry stuff & travel by bus. That is why I am making plans to live elsewhere where I can own a car.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just go minimalist. I survived on one suitcase and one handcarry full of stuff for two years on a work assignment. Electric supply would get cut off for a week or so, after a storm due to fallen trees. And it reinforces that one does not need much things to live day by day.

Use simple portable furniture that are easy to maintain. Wash floor involves no mopping, just throw water on floor and sweep water into drainage.....practise camping within a house. Can reconfigure the layout easily.

If you get a robot cleaner, you have to maintain the robot cleaner, worry that it breaks down, etc, etc, more burdern, more expenses.

Just wear slippers, no need to mop frequently. Can prevent leg infection from the bacteria on the floor too.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I did that in my Uni years moving from residence to apartment & vice versa during the summer breaks. Had an air mattress for a bed, got my furniture from the Salvation army or 2nd hand from other students.

However that is in the past. When you have reached my age, you accumulate plenty of barang, barang & it would be a waste to throw away e.g. teak furniture, ergonomic desk, Herman Miller chair, computers, book collection, TV, kitchen appliances, ...

No choice, one must invest in cleaning systems like a steam mop, vacum cleaner, .. etc. If one does not have a maid , must look at automated systems like a robot cleaner. The amount I save doing without a maid can easily pay for the automation devices. However I am looking at a more long term solution such as moving out of Spore.

In places like Thailand a part-time maid is relatively cheap. They'll come in during the day to do the cleaning & cooking. It's also cheaper to get a motor cycle or car which makes it easier to get around to do errands like buying groceries.