• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

how many days MC for flu case?

God Meng Seng

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I see doctor/GP nowadays how many days MC can I get for flu case?

Assume I have v high fever and upper respiratory tract infection

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You should get at least 5 days as sending you back to work is counterproductive. You'll pass the bug on to the rest of the office.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
get a flu injection/ jab you will be up and running tomorrow morning.

Unless you are jaik leow bee type talk about taking MC, are you NOT embarrass?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
get a flu injection/ jab you will be up and running tomorrow morning.

Flu jabs don't cure flu. All they do is immunise against 2 to 3 prevailing strains that have been identified as being the most virulent over the past 12 months.

The flu jab has to administered BEFORE catching flu not after. Even then they are only 50% to 70% effective depending upon the immune response of the individual.

The flu jab also does nothing to prevent the common cold as there are more than 100 variants of the cold virus.

Read http://www.healthline.com/health/cold-flu/cold-or-flu

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Flu jabs don't cure flu. All they do is immunise against 2 to 3 prevailing strains that have been identified as being the most virulent over the past 12 months.

The flu jab has to administered BEFORE catching flu not after. Even then they are only 50% to 70% effective depending upon the immune response of the individual.

The flu jab also does nothing to prevent the common cold as there are more than 100 variants of the cold virus.

Medical school drop out Leongsam?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Got flu jab better than no flu jab. Even if u get the flu it might reduce the duration n symptoms.

It won't make the slightest difference as it takes 10 to 14 days before a flu jab becomes effective.

If you already have the flu and you get a flu jab, you're actually making things worse.

If you take anti virals within 48 hours of the first onset of symptoms, you may be able to shorten the duration and severity of the illness. However, the over prescription of anti virals has reduced their effectiveness considerably.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

you sure you got high fever.... you dont seems to be the sort in hysteria and unable to key in properly at all.

mebbe you wanna stop smoking pots for a while.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had caught one real bad flu, told doctor any jab than take pills and heaps of anti-biotics.

1 jab up and running tomorrow morning.

What you are saying is another type of flu injection, I understand.

Last edited:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you let winston squeeze your male boobs you may get a couple more days mc. but no promise.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I had caught one real bad flu, told doctor any jab than take pills and heaps of anti-biotics.

1 jab up and running tomorrow morning.

What you are saying is another type of flu injection, I understand.

There is no point taking antibiotics when you have the flu because antibiotics only work for bacterial infections while flu is caused by a virus.

It is idiots like yourself that are causing an alarming rise in antibiotic resistant strains of many infectious diseases.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
those days who knows that anti-biotic was like a one cure pill. Double insurance.

There is no point taking antibiotics when you have the flu because antibiotics only work for bacterial infections while flu is caused by a virus.

It is idiots like yourself that are causing an alarming rise in antibiotic resistant strains of many infectious diseases.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It won't make the slightest difference as it takes 10 to 14 days before a flu jab becomes effective.

If you already have the flu and you get a flu jab, you're actually making things worse.

If you take anti virals within 48 hours of the first onset of symptoms, you may be able to shorten the duration and severity of the illness. However, the over prescription of anti virals has reduced their effectiveness considerably.

... the wonder of Google

:rolleyes: