• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How does one dispose a religious publication?

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Although not true, it isn't fiction.

They have shaped society and the myths (stories) in them do have morals, lessons on life and living, and humanistic truths.

Cheers!

what you say is true....................

like when God wanted to kill Moses becoz he never circumcise.....................

and the Koran said how non-muslims will all meet horrible doom....................

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Toss It Out Through A Window ?

Put the would-be disposed book in the centre of the room and dance naked around it hoping that the spirit will leave you and the book. Once, the spirit is not watching, toss it out through a window. Voila !

I can't dance for jack-shit. Well, after a couple of beers I believe I dance better.

How can I tell if the spirit is not watcing?

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah man, I got years of National Geo
Every time moved house gotta lug along damn leh chey one
Want to threw oso got no heart to threw

Any bro want?

Nope. Many years ago, I subscribed to Nat Geo. Now we can watch it on TV. Donate it to a school or club library. Last time can give to Kacang Puteh man to wrap his merchandise, now it is considered unhygienic.

Cheers!

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spirits Cannot Be Seen By Most People

I can't dance for jack-shit. Well, after a couple of beers I believe I dance better.

How can I tell if the spirit is not watcing?

Cheers!

Yah, spirits or ghosts cannot be seen by most people. But, the problem is spirits are almost everywhere like mozzies, ants, lizards or roaches. A friend of mine had such an ability. But, he said it has since faded away as he grew up into adulthood. I know of such young children who have such ability are often being scared by these things in the night. Try to avoid ground floor condo or bungalow.

My mom also felt the 'chill' (a gust of moving cold 'air') in a hospital during a night visit. Remember there wasn't any windows or doorway at the enclosed corridor.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yah man, I got years of National Geo
Every time moved house gotta lug along damn leh chey one
Want to threw oso got no heart to threw

Any bro want?

Me used to have 20 years of Reader's Digest in the store room, which now would be 'antique class', had to throw them out, cried my heart out!. I have many years of Nat Geo also, those with the maps, the charts the whatever..the Nat Geo or RD today..are trash!, still have no heart to throe them away.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
call me old fashion, but i still prefer reading hardcopy for things like references that i often used. softcopy once anything wrong with your electronic devices....gone.....

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Spirits Cannot Be Seen By Most People

Yah, spirits or ghosts cannot be seen by most people. But, the problem is spirits are almost everywhere like mozzies, ants, lizards or roaches. A friend of mine had such an ability. But, he said it has since faded away as he grew up into adulthood. I know of such young children who have such ability are often being scared by these things in the night. Try to avoid ground floor condo or bungalow.

My mom also felt the 'chill' (a gust of moving cold 'air') in a hospital during a night visit. Remember there wasn't any windows or doorway at the enclosed corridor.

actually talk about this, i still have childhood memories of it.

Although now i am more of an atheist (but i love buddhism philosophy thus strongly influenced by it, its more like an atheist religion anyway)...

I was a kid maybe no more than 6 years old? a year or so before i enter kindergarten. live in one of the last few kampongs around then. I have no freaking idea why, somehow one day i was standing nake on a chair. don't ask me why but i have no idea what i did. maybe i soil my pants, seriously i cannot remember.

i remember crying while standing on the chair, then suddenly i felt someone smack my backside very hard. I turn around and look, NO ONE. and its bloody painful with a red mark on my backside. i ignore it and cry even harder, ANOTHER SLAP and this time round i could hear kids laughing. same thing, LOOK AROUND no one was within 5 m of reach to do that.

i cry like nobody business then. as this incident was way to strange to be forgotten, even though its pre-school period i remember it till now even after almost 20 over years

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have some relatives (Christians???? and Taoists) who believe that spirits of the deceased come back as insects at events such as their funeral wake to look-see. So much so that when a locust or some other bug appears at a funeral wake crawling over a table, you're not supposed to squish the bug. Well, I just don't do anything to insult or go against their beliefs.

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
what you say is true....................

like when God wanted to kill Moses becoz he never circumcise.....................

and the Koran said how non-muslims will all meet horrible doom....................

Been a long time since I read the Old Testament, I don't remember it saying anything like that - of God wanting to kill Moses. BTW, the bible is written in another language and also in parables. Do not take literally as historical fact.

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Thoth2:

Thanks for the link. I suppose burying it the way as described does show respect and will not arouse any fundamentalist's furor.

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
call me old fashion, but i still prefer reading hardcopy for things like references that i often used. softcopy once anything wrong with your electronic devices....gone.....

Agreed. Reading a book is more comfortable than reading from a tablet gizmo.

I remember in one episode of Star Trek - The Next Generation, Captain Jean-Luc went to some resort planet for vacation, sat by a pool - and pulled out a paperback novel to read!! One thing you can do with a book is you can dog-ear it where you stopped reading, unlike an e-book.

Cheers!

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
For buddhist scriptures, books it is better to just give it to someone that is interested in it. Most books on Buddhism are free to take at temples. You can just leave it at the temple and with karma the next inclined person will pick it up and read it.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Me used to have 20 years of Reader's Digest in the store room, which now would be 'antique class', had to throw them out, cried my heart out!. I have many years of Nat Geo also, those with the maps, the charts the whatever..the Nat Geo or RD today..are trash!, still have no heart to throe them away.

Readers' Digest..........how can you throw them away ???

1 copy is worth more to the world than a ton of bibles and korans...............

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Low In Luck

actually talk about this, i still have childhood memories of it.

Although now i am more of an atheist (but i love buddhism philosophy thus strongly influenced by it, its more like an atheist religion anyway)...

I was a kid maybe no more than 6 years old? a year or so before i enter kindergarten. live in one of the last few kampongs around then. I have no freaking idea why, somehow one day i was standing nake on a chair. don't ask me why but i have no idea what i did. maybe i soil my pants, seriously i cannot remember.

i remember crying while standing on the chair, then suddenly i felt someone smack my backside very hard. I turn around and look, NO ONE. and its bloody painful with a red mark on my backside. i ignore it and cry even harder, ANOTHER SLAP and this time round i could hear kids laughing. same thing, LOOK AROUND no one was within 5 m of reach to do that.

i cry like nobody business then. as this incident was way to strange to be forgotten, even though its pre-school period i remember it till now even after almost 20 over years

My friend said that people with low luck (power ?) tends to see such thing. Kids have the tendency to see such things or be bullied by them. You were lucky that you had not seen anything scary. He told me he saw a bloodied hand and it ...

A little girl I knew saw her father's shirt buttoning up while she was lying on the floor (on a mattress, still not asleep yet). She has a very good eyesight (60-60 type) and there was florescent light coming in from the hall. She can't be mad.

These things will bully kids but very seldom on adults. Adults seem to be stronger. What's more ! I'm armed - Holy Spirit. One of the functions of the Spirit is to cast out demons.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have some relatives (Christians???? and Taoists) who believe that spirits of the deceased come back as insects at events such as their funeral wake to look-see. So much so that when a locust or some other bug appears at a funeral wake crawling over a table, you're not supposed to squish the bug. Well, I just don't do anything to insult or go against their beliefs.

Cheers!

I'm not too sure about this. But, there were people who sprinkled white powder on the seventh day when it would 'return' home for the last time. I have a quite a number of sevens and this numeric means ... not too sure ... I thought it could be "of spirit(s)".

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm not too sure about this. But, there were people who sprinkled white powder on the seventh day when it would 'return' home for the last time. I have a quite a number of sevens and this numeric means ... not too sure ... I thought it could be "of spirit(s)".

All my inlaws on my wife's side claims this happened - footprints on the seventh day at thier previous home, that their deceased mother came back to visit. I just kept my quiet not wishing to argue that spirits the way we imagine them to be have no weight and will not leave footprints. They were most likely created by someone going to the kitchen/toilet at night half asleep and forgot about the talc they laid on the floor. Besides, if they do exist, what is to say they take on their human form and shape walking on two legs? My wife has since converted to Christianity and will not speak about the event, which I am glad.

Cheers!