• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How does one dispose a religious publication?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you need to clear some space and get rid of some old books, which may include a Bible or Koran. How do you do it? Burn it? Throw is in the thrash? Recycle paper? Which method is "respected" and won't get ya killed?

Cheers!

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
just sell it to the karang guni man
if cant wait
just put down stairs
the guni man will auto appear

religion was invented by illuminati to control the masses
so no need to 'respectfully' get rid of it
it just paper (papayrus)
it is the infomation contain in the book that may be worth something (if any), not the physical book

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vAHHXrefzr8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As far as I know, getting rid of the Bible is not a big deal - this is because the physical book itself is not an object of veneration, nor is it seen to have spiritual value other than the message it carries.

The Quran, on the other hand, is seen as embodying the message of Allah as it was revealed in its original form to Mohamed, his final prophet. So, when the latest round of violence erupted, BBC World Service interviewed an imam and this is a paraphrase of what he said: the Quran is important and holy but that does not mean it can't be disposed of or that if someone handled it wrongly, you must kill him. The acceptable way of disposing of the book is actually to burn it, but to observe some simple rites, e.g. saying a prayer before burning it, burning it by itself (as opposed to together with junk) and burying the ashes afterwards.

My advice to you if you are faced with that situation is to give it to a Muslim and ask him to handle it for you.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So you need to clear some space and get rid of some old books, which may include a Bible or Koran. How do you do it? Burn it? Throw is in the thrash? Recycle paper? Which method is "respected" and won't get ya killed?

Cheers!

just as the Buddha said '' in truth, there are no Buddhas and no teachings....................''

people ought to lose all attachments to man-made concepts as ''religions''..................

just throw these bullshit bible and koran like they're the worst of thrash that they are.................

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cheers!

just throw it away like any fiction books.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cheers!

Wipe your ass with it. It belongs to the toilet.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yah man, I got years of National Geo
Every time moved house gotta lug along damn leh chey one
Want to threw oso got no heart to threw

Any bro want?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

My advice to you if you are faced with that situation is to give it to a Muslim and ask him to handle it for you.

My muslim buddy is more of an infidel than me or any white man I know. The bugger drinks gin tonic like water, doesn't go to the mosque on Fridays (more likely chiak chua at RWS) and frequently goes to Batam, not for business. I doubt if he'll do the favour for me.

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wipe your ass with it. It belongs to the toilet.

The version I have is hardcover. Can scrape, can't wipe. It will jam the toilet when flushed.

Also, the rest of the book's pages aren't exactly absorbent.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it won't exactly work well.

Cheers!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As far as I know, getting rid of the Bible is not a big deal - this is because the physical book itself is not an object of veneration, nor is it seen to have spiritual value other than the message it carries.

The Quran, on the other hand, is seen as embodying the message of Allah as it was revealed in its original form to Mohamed, his final prophet. So, when the latest round of violence erupted, BBC World Service interviewed an imam and this is a paraphrase of what he said: the Quran is important and holy but that does not mean it can't be disposed of or that if someone handled it wrongly, you must kill him. The acceptable way of disposing of the book is actually to burn it, but to observe some simple rites, e.g. saying a prayer before burning it, burning it by itself (as opposed to together with junk) and burying the ashes afterwards.

Yes of course he'll say that in the open but seriously just throw it away and all will be fine. Unless he's actually in some muslim country and he openly threw it in front of some hard line muslims. Your advice given is just asking for ppl to bend over backwards for some religion.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The version I have is hardcover. Can scrape, can't wipe. It will jam the toilet when flushed.

Also, the rest of the book's pages aren't exactly absorbent.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it won't exactly work well.

Cheers!

Why are you in possession of a koran or a bible? I doubt you are a muslim or christian cos you would have known what to do with them.

Actually even a hardcover book's inner pages should be soft enough to wipe one's ass with it unless it's those type of books with the hard pages but such books are usually very thin and are mostly children's books with little content. Most encyclopedias for eg that are hard covers might have a tough cover but the inner pages are soft. Just tear off the pages.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Toss It Out Through A Window ?

Cheers!

Put the would-be disposed book in the centre of the room and dance naked around it hoping that the spirit will leave you and the book. Once, the spirit is not watching, toss it out through a window. Voila !

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Toss It Out Through A Window ?

Where is drifter? I wonder what does he have to say about ppl placing significance unto an object like a book. Unless said person belongs to the same religion of the holy book what does it matter how the book is disposed. If said person isn't from that religion of the holy book but wants to show respect i hope this person shows the same amount of respect to all holy books of all religions instead of placing special significance unto a particular religion such as islam while going about treating other religions like crap.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are you in possession of a koran or a bible? I doubt you are a muslim or christian cos you would have known what to do with them.

Actually even a hardcover book's inner pages should be soft enough to wipe one's ass with it unless it's those type of books with the hard pages but such books are usually very thin and are mostly children's books with little content. Most encyclopedias for eg that are hard covers might have a tough cover but the inner pages are soft. Just tear off the pages.

I have a little library where I keep some books I have read, and some reference books (including the totally archaic Brittanica Encyclopaedia). I do not have any faiths, but keep an open mind. Reliogious books - I have two bibles, one English version Koran, one book on Taoism. Rest of the books are cook books, DIYs, Geography, and some political and history books. Need to get rid of all of them soon as everything can now be accessed electronically.

Toilet paper is made to quickly disintegrate in water. Throwing other types of paper down the shit chute will soon clog it. Other than shit, pee, snort and toilet paper, nothing else should go in there. One of the main causes of toilet jams are idiots throwing personal things like sanitary pads.

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
So which book are you more afraid to dispose of? The bible or the koran?

When it comes to actually doing it, I'll just toss it into the trash. However, I asked the question to obtain a bona-fide way of doing it as practiced by the People Of the Book if they were to do it. And to gather a few laughs.

Cheers!