• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How do you vote, really?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
More or less sums up the populace. I am just wonder how many don't think like you.

I recall that when Francis Seow and the Law Society took on the Govt with the backing of the majority of its members on the issue of media freedom and then new laws on media ownership, there was excitement in the air. A professional body engaging the govt on a serious issue.

Nobody spoke about fear or oppression then but sadly the general opinion was that it was treated by the general population as something similar to the SIA Pilot strike where people just watched from the sidelines as though it was entertainment.

The super super rich vote for MIW, that I can understand. They are enjoying all the benefits and privileges and doesn't want a change to the status quo.

What is lamentable are those in the middle and lower class. I met several who opined that with some opposition voted into parliament, investors would flee! Ans some of these idiots went thru university. Sadly, university education failed to open up their minds, ears and eyes. To me, it was wasted education.

Others fear everything, even their own shadows. They think they are big fucks that are being monitored constantly by the entity that is assigned for this purpose. And these chaps are usually the neglected dinosaurs and marginalised lot in the civil service. They flatter themselves without realising they are only digits.

If the majority in the mid and lower segment swings their vote to decent opposition this GE, maybe the MIW will finally realised they screwed up big time.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It might backfire in the sense that more qualified and better Singaporeans would come forward as alternative voices knowing that there is a guarantee of 9 seats at the table and the minimum requirements is only 15% of the votes garnered.

There has been rumours that PAP / Govt has approached a numbers of individuals with good record to participate as independents or as specific interest groups just as they asked the former Accountant General to participate in the first presidential elections.

All it takes is a a group of professional individuals forming an entity like the "Roundtable" and professing to be non-parochial and taking part.

Then again, running a town council might just put them off. I am actually keen to see the outcome.

Very insightful. Either this is an inadvertent side-effect of the scheme, or it was a very cunning calculated strategy to cause internal dissension & friction between the minority race member and the leadership in the Opp camps. Hope voters can see this and cast their all behind the Opp in the GRCs for a real winner not just to secure a NCMP.

jw5

Loyal
The super super rich vote for MIW, that I can understand. They are enjoying all the benefits and privileges and doesn't want a change to the status quo.

What is lamentable are those in the middle and lower class. I met several who opined that with some opposition voted into parliament, investors would flee! Ans some of these idiots went thru university. Sadly, university education failed to open up their minds, ears and eyes. To me, it was wasted education.

Others fear everything, even their own shadows. They think they are big fucks that are being monitored constantly by the entity that is assigned for this purpose. And these chaps are usually the neglected dinosaurs and marginalised lot in the civil service. They flatter themselves without realising they are only digits.

If the majority in the mid and lower segment swings their vote to decent opposition this GE, maybe the MIW will finally realised they screwed up big time.
The super rich I also understand and not only because they are enjoying the priviledges and benefits. Many of them have gotten rich under pap rule, and they feel some gratitude, obligation, even the feeling that they are in it together. Many of these are also entrepreneurs, risk takers, innovators, creators, the smarter and more capable corporate people.

The very poor and the lower class I can also understand. Some are uneducated, ignorant, struggling just to stay alive, others are perhaps brown-nosing or kissing ass because they think it can bring them better lives. The latter probably includes some rc people.

The ones I despise are some of the middle and upper class, who don't care about their fellow citizens, don't care what the country becomes, don't think or wonder about abuses of power or neglect of fellow human beings who suffer misfortune or accidents, but simply continue to wallow in their self centred material comforts while continuing their value transferring activities.

When you try to discuss about caring for their fellow citizens and building a cohesive nation together without tyrannical and authoritative rule, they mock and condemn you, simply because they think that they and their families are comfortable and nothing else concerns them.
Some of these are even in this forum.

Last edited: