• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How do you vote, really?

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have this niggling feeling that this election 1 GRC will fall into the hands of the opposition. And likelihood Aljunied GRC with WP winning it.

1 thing to take note why I am saying this is because the quiet tiger is the most dangerous tiger. They have been laying their foundation for some time in this area and the current situation with the demographics in this area should get them the votes they need to win this time. :p

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have this niggling feeling that this election 1 GRC will fall into the hands of the opposition. And likelihood Aljunied GRC with WP winning it.

1 thing to take note why I am saying this is because the quiet tiger is the most dangerous tiger. They have been laying their foundation for some time in this area and the current situation with the demographics in this area should get them the votes they need to win this time. :p

If Alijunied GRC electoral boundaries remain the same, WP has a good chance.

It is disappointing to see Eunos GRC & Cheng San GRC disappear :(

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

After Aljunied, I pray Bishan falls too. We can get rid of WKS once and for all.

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Then PAP better not put Ong Ye Kung in Aljunied GRC since he is minister material. Ong was seen visiting Aljunied with anchor minster GY.

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Alijunied GRC electoral boundaries remain the same, WP has a good chance.

It is disappointing to see Eunos GRC & Cheng San GRC disappear :(

i have to admit WP will lose 2 votes in aljunied grc (from me n wifey) this time round due to the fact that i have shifted. hopefully these 2 votes not crucial lah.

nonetheless, whichever oppo that comes to marine parade grc will get these 2 votes instead.

pap :oIo:

jw5

Loyal
Agree with you, sir. PAP don't implement policies for nothing. It is always to their advantage but they will surely sell it as if the public benefits. Sadly, a decent percentage of the populace buys every dish that PAP cooks. Food is almost always rotten, at best.
The pappies are certainly not lacking in intelligence, savvy, cunning, logic, or knowledge where it comes to their own well being in the political arena.

Sadly, where they are lacking is their core values in running a country and looking after (or taking care) of every single citizen.

As for the majority of the citizens, even more sadly it appears that as long as they can continue to eat their kaya roti and kopi, they don't care two hoots what happens to other citizens and the country as a whole.

iFARKurMADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
The pappies are certainly not lacking in intelligence, savvy, cunning, logic, or knowledge where it comes to their own well being in the political arena.

Sadly, where they are lacking is their core values in running a country and looking after (or taking care) of every single citizen.

As for the majority of the citizens, even more sadly it appears that as long as they can continue to eat their kaya roti and kopi, they don't care two hoots what happens to other citizens and the country as a whole.

i am so surprised that there are people who still think that

"PAP wants to REALLY help people, just that they are doing it the wrong way"

you dun ever felt that this is their disguise and all they want to do is to run this company as profitable as possible? low costs worker, high profit, but only the board of directors benefit?

We all know they are not stupid, so after so any years, they care BUT KEEP DOING IT THE WRONG WAY, you dun smell a rat??

its amazing

jw5

Loyal
i am so surprised that there are people who still think that

"PAP wants to REALLY help people, just that they are doing it the wrong way"

you dun ever felt that this is their disguise and all they want to do is to run this company as profitable as possible? low costs worker, high profit, but only the board of directors benefit?

We all know they are not stupid, so after so any years, they care BUT KEEP DOING IT THE WRONG WAY, you dun smell a rat??

its amazing
Absolutely.
It's not that they really want to help but are doing it the wrong way.
They know exactly what they are doing or not doing.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lah, GMS is still the same. I am however sure that he will face similar challenges as WP as Steve Chia and he are contenders.

There will be other issues and including racial. You need a minority candidate to contest a GRC but do you pick the minority when 2 places are offered to the GRC. The minority races know full well that they are the entry card. It will be contentious.

WP faced this issue with NCMP before by stopping MPD Nair from taking the post.

GMS and NSP?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The super super rich vote for MIW, that I can understand. They are enjoying all the benefits and privileges and doesn't want a change to the status quo.

What is lamentable are those in the middle and lower class. I met several who opined that with some opposition voted into parliament, investors would flee! Ans some of these idiots went thru university. Sadly, university education failed to open up their minds, ears and eyes. To me, it was wasted education.

Others fear everything, even their own shadows. They think they are big fucks that are being monitored constantly by the entity that is assigned for this purpose. And these chaps are usually the neglected dinosaurs and marginalised lot in the civil service. They flatter themselves without realising they are only digits.

If the majority in the mid and lower segment swings their vote to decent opposition this GE, maybe the MIW will finally realised they screwed up big time.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very insightful. Either this is an inadvertent side-effect of the scheme, or it was a very cunning calculated strategy to cause internal dissension & friction between the minority race member and the leadership in the Opp camps. Hope voters can see this and cast their all behind the Opp in the GRCs for a real winner not just to secure a NCMP.

You need a minority candidate to contest a GRC but do you pick the minority when 2 places are offered to the GRC. The minority races know full well that they are the entry card. It will be contentious.

WP faced this issue with NCMP before by stopping MPD Nair from taking the post.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Very insightful. Either this is an inadvertent side-effect of the scheme, or it was a very cunning calculated strategy to cause internal dissension & friction between the minority race member and the leadership in the Opp camps. Hope voters can see this and cast their all behind the Opp in the GRCs for a real winner not just to secure a NCMP.

The NCMP fallout fits so well into the PAP agenda that it is almost impossible to believe PAP is innocent.

Notice that some oppo leaders have already begun to fall into the trap, starting with KJ who has declared that he is in contention (rivalry) with other oppo parties. Rivalry with other parties when you've only 2 oppo in Parliament? Clearly the NCMP stuff is on his mind.

The racial fallout is also real. SDA hates NSP now for a very specific reason.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
The NCMP fallout fits so well into the PAP agenda that it is almost impossible to believe PAP is innocent.

Notice that some oppo leaders have already begun to fall into the trap, starting with KJ who has declared that he is in contention (rivalry) with other oppo parties. Rivalry with other parties when you've only 2 oppo in Parliament? Clearly the NCMP stuff is on his mind.

The racial fallout is also real. SDA hates NSP now for a very specific reason.

Suddenly many opposition parties formed.

More Opp candidate contesting and aiming for the consolation NCMP seats on knowing that it is very difficult to win seats & become elected MP.

I strongly believe all NCMP seats offer after this GE. The best losers in the list will happily take the NCMP offer :biggrin: