• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Have some sympathy on those who are born different

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Malaysian transgender woman Nur Sajat: 'I had to run away'​

By Jonathan Head
South East Asia correspondent

Published1 hour ago
Related Topics
Nur Sajat
IMAGE SOURCE,NUR SAJAT
Image caption,
Nur Sajat Kamaruzzaman has a huge social media presence
In September, news leaked that the Thai immigration authorities had made an unusual arrest in Bangkok.
The detainee was Nur Sajat Kamaruzzaman, a glamorous, 36-year-old Malaysian cosmetics entrepreneur with a huge social media following.
The Malaysian authorities immediately sought her extradition on charges of insulting Islam, which had been brought against her in January, and which are punishable by up to three years in prison.
Nur Sajat's offence was to wear a baju kurung, the traditional long-sleeved outfit worn by Malay women, at a private religious ceremony she held in 2018.

In the eyes of the Malaysian authorities, Nur Sajat is a man, and under Islamic law, a man cannot dress as a woman.
Nur Sajat is a transgender woman, and as such she was given refugee status and allowed by Thailand to seek asylum in Australia.

Speaking to the BBC from Sydney, she said she had no choice but to flee, after being assaulted by officers from JAIS, the religious affairs department in the state of Selangor, which had brought the charges against her.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malaysia and Singapore researchers show that at least 1/2 of Muslim children had been molested either by their fathers, grand fathers or teachers

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Trans are very common in Thailand. If you frequent Thailand and chilled out there, you will get used to it. However, i am not used to gays.

Before covid time, i rent an airbnb in bkk from a gay. I actually ask the gay couple out for a drink to try to know more on their lifestyle as i am very curious. The gay is working in high position, good looking, well-spoken english ( half thai-angmoh) and well-off. As with regular straight couple having their ups and downs in relationship, gay couples too. I just cannot get used to it. very vomiting. I respect them but i can't help vomiting.