• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Guess who I am !!!

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are trying to see whether a 27yr old lass can connect with the young on the grounds. It backfired.

They failed to realise 1 thing. People who are of the age to vote will choose someone at least who has some experience in life. Near to 40s. If its early 30s, must be of mature candidacy. So they want this 27yr old lass to connect with the young voters but instead got brickbats.

This lass will definitely not survive any SMC. Even if she goes to an opposition party, I will give her a no-confidence vote.

Yes, Gen Y will be looking for a role model to look up to. People who are married/getting married will want someone who know about their housing aspirations and doing something to help them. PAP should have known this - what is their election campaign manager doing?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best and brightest within the firm are attracted to consulting as that is the model in comparison with accouting/audit. Not comparing with other consulting forms. E&Y has never been recognised as a top tier consulting firm ever.

Actually the best and the brightest aren't hired by the big 4. They go to e Big 3 of consulting - Boston, Bain and Mckinsey.

Since the Enron and Aurther Anderson fallout, the Big 4 firms can no longer practise the audit + advisory model to the same client due to concerns with independence. So the consulting arms of the Big 4 audit firms have been reduced to mere sideshows. Revenue will always come mainly from their core business which is audit.

Hahaha. Yup temasek GLC/stat board/civil service will be her destination. Those organisations are the biggest revenue sources of half fuck consulting services offered by the Big 4 audit firms. She will be fast tracked and do very well there.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ROD mood liao :biggrin:
No worries, if this election go wrong, he will even delay his death.

Remember it's not what you know, it's who you know! She needs to learn the shpeel, that's all. Scary isn't it? Politicians are all the same power crazy with no integrity - they are all tarred to the same brush. She has family connections like this prick. If he can do it, then I'm dam sure she can get away with it too.

Bush in Action
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Fze2J2Ve9is" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hahaha
a good bush sidetrack- reminds me that obama is just another bush in action. surprise that he is running on democrat ticket when he is a moderate republican in practice.
my point is - obama does make sarah palin another tin? brain looks unelectable.

end of sidetrack

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha i miss the whole show, now then i realised. Her husband is from RI 1986 batch Class 4E, the top class with a whole bunch of bookworm. He got the PAP look even then, but quite low profile. Not surprised the chap married late as he was very much a bookworm who had more interest in science and mathematics than women. Not surprised either the younger Tin Pei Ling would marry this older chap as he is considered a very accomplished and eligible bachelor. With such connections TPL would obviously have a flying career.

I think PAP is trying very hard to soften or "sweeten" its image by pulling in younger and more energetic looking people including Teo Ser Luck (1992 NTU accountancy grad), Tin Pei Ling, etc.

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
E&Y has never been recognised as a top tier consulting firm ever.

Nope. Never ever. Even Mdm Ting's area of expertise, change management, is a useless function that is always insourced. No decent company would pay an external party for change management services.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Nope. Never ever. Even Mdm Ting's area of expertise, change management, is a useless function that is always insourced. No decent company would pay an external party for change management services.
"Change Management" is the biggest gobbledygook garbage that consultants have ever come up with. It's a HUGE waste of time, resources and $$$$.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every now and then I would come across someone with the responsibility for "Change Management" I would ask them to explain what it means and here is the rough categories that I have created to place their description
1) Project Management - 80%
2) Programme Management - 18%
3) Unable to fit in any known category

One chap told me that it is holistic change within an organisation that will result in paradigm shift. I asked him if it falls within the remit of the Board and the CEO and that it will take an army to deliver. He looked at me stunned and then said that he was previously with Mckinsey and that what they did. So I told him that it is actually no different to programme management or project management with multiple streams and he then excused himself by saying that he had a prior appointment. As he was leaving he asked me what was my appointment. I told him I have a real job governed and regulated by legislation. He turned blue and seemed to be in crisis immediately.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
1) Project Management - 80%
2) Programme Management - 18%
3) Unable to fit in any known category

http://www.davidbarrow.com/pbr/

Apparently, most people, other than myself, have closed their eyes to the possibility of restructuring vertical and horizontal relationship hierarchies as an inherent consequence after the time_spent to resultant_productivity ratio continues onward into the future.

Most people recognize that I have a unique talent for assisting mid-level management during the critical time period immediately before the time_spent to resultant_productivity ratio engenders a favorable outcome projection.

I invite you set aside your present preconceptions and consider the possibility of adding maximum value potential as an ever-increasing side effect while exquisitely focused consumer attention substantiates my marketing projections.

I often speak out quite passionately about the subject of thwarting production facility waste as a way of stimulating consumer interest until market saturation enables continued success factorability.

My present mission is providing maximum customer interaction as a way of stimulating consumer interest until cross sales marketing potential maintains its momentum.

While presenting at a symposium on industrial cross-capitalization, I came to the realization we should begin the process of enabling convergent communication pipelines during the critical time period immediately before the primary win-win relationship grows exponentially toward the statistical horizon.

I'm sure you've realized, as I often have, the importance and relevance of adding maximum value potential as a transitional cooling off period before total response payoff initiates a fixed range of criteria.

I'm currently researching factoring oblique statistical trajectories as a means of generating revenue while content, free of any particular meaning, offsets opportunity costs.

Most CEO's would scoff at this, but I'm secretly approaching the area of harvesting intellectual capital networks as a way of generating plausible deniability before customer satisfaction perpetuates continued client involvement.

Although many have completely overlooked this previously, I'm utilizing outside-the-box thinking as a way of stimulating consumer interest until content, free of any particular meaning, energizes possibilities for positional advancement.

I haven't divulged this to the general public yet, but I'm in the initial stages of adding maximum value potential as a way of stepping back and looking at the big picture while reasonable resource allocation creates renewable marketing outlets.
Today is your lucky day. I'm going to tell you all about entering profitable consulting situations during the critical time before component cost inter-dependency enables continued success factorability.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Truly a classic of "gobbledygook garbage" if I ever saw one. The neighbourhood mama shop provides more value to society than this clown. They should introduce capital punishment to idiots like this.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Change management is only a very small part of project/programme management. It involves communication with affected parties. Anybody who has a reasonable grasp of language, not colourblind can put some powerpoint slides together.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hah, for a moment I thought she was doing the same thing I'm trying to help my department in.

http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/learn-sql-server/change-management-and-source-control/

The purpose of change management is to protect the integrity of the database design throughout the development process, to identify what changes have been made, when, and by whom and, where necessary, undo individual modifications. A source control system is typically the critical application around which a change management regime is structured and is a requirement for any team development project.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly. One thing many do not realise is the attrition rate is very high in consultancy firms as the newbies realise that its time to get a new job. For them it is not a problem as they come with some impressive academic credentials. That leaves the showmen and the sales folks plus tried and tested domain experts who are at their tail end of the career and looking to share their collective wisdoms or taking a career break.

But you cannot beat the value of a consultancy firm when it comes to blood letting and taking knife to cost. These guys' construct are made for mercenary work. Also the Board feels better if a consultancy firm can validate what the management is asking for.

At the end of the day, the smart ones leave for investment banking and the likes.

Hah, for a moment I thought she was doing the same thing I'm trying to help my department in.

http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/learn-sql-server/change-management-and-source-control/

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In the singapore context, this is the more relevant definition of change management:

Change management is the process, tools and techniques to manage the people-side of change to achieve the required business outcome.
Change management incorporates the organizational tools that can be utilized to help individuals make successful personal transitions resulting in the adoption and realization of change.

In Australia, companies usually have headcount for this role. It's like PR/corp comms for the programme management office. Slightly more useful than a paper clip holding paperweight .

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But you cannot beat the value of a consultancy firm when it comes to blood letting and taking knife to cost. These guys' construct are made for mercenary work. Also the Board feels better if a consultancy firm can validate what the management is asking for.

This hits the spot. you can become very disillusioned after learning about the politics of the consulting world. Good ideas, genuine value and quality are often sacrificed for someone to look good. In the end we are only salesmen and expensive rubber stampers. The climate for professional services is also not pleasant in Asia, were maids and bangla workers are treated worse than animals.

At the end of the day, the smart ones leave for investment banking and the likes.

Guess I'm not one of the smart ones :(

therockz

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Change Management" is the biggest gobbledygook garbage that consultants have ever come up with. It's a HUGE waste of time, resources and $$$$.

I was a manager. I am not involved in change management at all but if I recall, change management is about the various steps you can take to help ensure changes within the organisation go smoothly (how to win over employees, what should management be aware of, forming "circles" to influence employees etc) and the different strategies to changing and their effects (sudden change, planned change, top down, bottom up, etc) Something to that effect, I need to refer to the textbooks as I obviously can't recall all that I have learnt years ago.

It is not that useless and I can see why a consultancy firm needs it. Change management is obviously needed when large companies merge or are acquired by consultancy firms. It is a niche area of management and does not require much experience or skill I guess.

Management is not about putting on a shirt and trousers and calling yourself a manager like what 90% Sporean "managers" do. Just look at the average retail or bank "manager" who can't even string together a sentence in English, much less know what Maslow hierarchy or Taylorism is. :rolleyes:

Management is an art and science at the same time and managing a listed organisation at the upper level requires a wide education in the field of business along with experience.

While I generally think that non business grads should not be working in consultancies, I certainly can see the logic behind a psychology grad working in a change management department as change management involves a lot of counselling and influencing the employees and a psychologist's input might be useful, though I personally consider it to be redundant. :wink:

One chap told me that it is holistic change within an organisation that will result in paradigm shift. I asked him if it falls within the remit of the Board and the CEO and that it will take an army to deliver. He looked at me stunned and then said that he was previously with Mckinsey and that what they did. So I told him that it is actually no different to programme management or project management with multiple streams and he then excused himself by saying that he had a prior appointment. As he was leaving he asked me what was my appointment. I told him I have a real job governed and regulated by legislation. He turned blue and seemed to be in crisis immediately.

Change management is very different from project management, no one who is familiar with management would say they are the same. Project management is a real job and a tough stressful job by the way. :rolleyes:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was a manager. I am not involved in change management at all but if I recall, change management is about the various steps you can take to help ensure changes within the organisation go smoothly (how to win over employees, what should management be aware of, forming "circles" to influence employees etc) and the different strategies to changing and their effects (sudden change, planned change, top down, bottom up, etc) Something to that effect, I need to refer to the textbooks as I obviously can't recall all that I have learnt years ago.

It is not that useless and I can see why a consultancy firm needs it. Change management is obviously needed when large companies merge or are acquired by consultancy firms. It is a niche area of management and does not require much experience or skill I guess.

Management is not about putting on a shirt and trousers and calling yourself a manager like what 90% Sporean "managers" do. Just look at the average retail or bank "manager" who can't even string together a sentence in English, much less know what Maslow hierarchy or Taylorism is. :rolleyes:

Management is an art and science at the same time and managing a listed organisation at the upper level requires a wide education in the field of business along with experience.

While I generally think that non business grads should not be working in consultancies, I certainly can see the logic behind a psychology grad working in a change management department as change management involves a lot of counselling and influencing the employees and a psychologist's input might be useful, though I personally consider it to be redundant. :wink:

Change management is very different from project management, no one who is familiar with management would say they are the same. Project management is a real job and a tough stressful job by the way. :rolleyes:

You are a fucking retard. So you're given a chance to explain how different a manager such as yourself whom is better than 90% of the managers here as you claim and what do you do?

Oh so what defines a manager is that he needs to string a proper english sentence together and know worthless jargon like maslow hierachy or taloryism in which any primary school kid could learn after looking up wikipedia for like 10 mins. Obviously you're one of the most worthless managers around that is even assuming that you actually was one.

i would like to hear what a worthless racist yourself that looks down on ppl with poor english proficiency has to say.

I guess being a manager does not involve leading a group of ppl in accomplishing something but rather having textbook knowledge of some stupid jargon and of course being good in english in which you're not good in.