• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gruesome accident at Tampines St 45 T JUNCTION - RIP

M

Mdm Tang

I don't think TC got the power to ban .LTA yes, cause they own the road.

i no Expert on Town Council Managment . Town Council fees paid by resident

and Town Council Makan Fees . But Town Council surely more then

just collecting and clearing daily rubbish chutch ???

Town Council got no Power meh ???

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
You ok buddy? Totally ban the mixer trucks, then how the cement gonna reach the destination ? you don't expect the bangla to use wheelbarrow to bring the cement to the site.
Stupid baey. The solution is to enforce safe driving. And the only effective way is to punish the killer drivers harshly under manslaughter law. When the punishment is sufficiently stiff, everyone will drive safely, especially in suburb areas.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am very sure town council got no right to ban vehicles on the road. Unless the vehicle drove along the rain shelter.:biggrin:(

If town council have this power, the COE, ERP will all be collected by them...:rolleyes:

Ban heavy vehicle during peak hour?? If 1 day another heavy vehicle had a fatal accident during off peak hours than how?? Ban them during off peak?? I believe we do have fatal accident for heavy vehicle during off peak hours too..:rolleyes:

Wrong. The Town Council can set up its own vigilante force and tell the police not to interfere. In a nutshell, the Town Council has alot of power when it comes to the management of the whole estate, including its security and transport and food and schools and everything.

Don't be fooled. The Town Council takes the instructions from the MP. They are together and hold equal responsibility on the welfare of the estate.

If not, why we vote an MP for fuck?

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Than why the parking fine and season parking we pay to HDB and not TC???

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Nop. They will ask you to refer to LTA or TP. Ah remind me of that one time i wrote to TP, they replied to me and forward my concern to LTA.

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wrong. The Town Council can set up its own vigilante force and tell the police not to interfere. In a nutshell, the Town Council has alot of power when it comes to the management of the whole estate, including its security and transport and food and schools and everything.

Don't be fooled. The Town Council takes the instructions from the MP. They are together and hold equal responsibility on the welfare of the estate.

So the police also take order from TC?? Very fast you are telling me our Army also control by our TC...:biggrin:

If TC got so much power... upgrading why the opposition KPKB the ruling party never give to Potong Pasir and Hougang last time???

I

Last edited:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wrong. Town Council owns the management of the estate. It can do anything it likes, because in every estate, the one in-charge is the MP. He can tell the Town Council what to do. Unfortunately, most MPs are yes-man and not game changers.
And the pap describe themselves as technocrat. A bunch of daft clowns in white is more accurate. So many days after the accident, and still not a single pap fellow know the root cause, which is blatant disregard of safe driving rules because of overly light penalties.

Boot out TCH and Sham.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So the police also take order from TC?? Very fast you are telling me our Army also control by our TC...:biggrin:

No, you're wrong here again. The TC cannot tell the army what to do. It can request for the army's assistance if the estate needs the army's presence. It can also tell the army to fuck off if the army wanted to conduct live firing exercises in the estate. Then it go to parliament for debate and vote. If it concerns national security beyond the premise of the town, then the army can exercise its right on the level of the MOD, but the TC, through the MP, can go to parliament to bang table.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And the pap describe themselves as technocrat. A bunch of daft clowns in white is more accurate. So many days after the accident, and still not a single pap fellow know the root cause, which is blatant disregard of safe driving rules because of overly light penalties.

Boot out TCH and Sham.

That's right. Until now, the two boys are gone and yet the MP still cannot get the police to tell them HOW AND WHY THE ACCIDENT OCCURRED.

The MP is fucked-type.

M

Mdm Tang

That's right. Until now, the two boys are gone and yet the MP still cannot get the police to tell them HOW AND WHY THE ACCIDENT OCCURRED.

The MP is fucked-type.

i thinking now they are still wondering and debating who to take action

first and take responsible of all these things like instal CCTVs at junctions , safe

walk ways , traffic Marshalls at schools , town coucil traffic marshall etc ...

they still not sure TC or LTA or HDB or TP ??? :(

M

Mdm Tang

Town Council make decisions to Invest millions S$

In Lehman Bonds and etc very fast .

when invest in safety for residents very quiet no sound :(

M

Mdm Tang

Tampines Town Council still waiting for what ??? ai yah !!!

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No, you're wrong here again. The TC cannot tell the army what to do. It can request for the army's assistance if the estate needs the army's presence. It can also tell the army to fuck off if the army wanted to conduct live firing exercises in the estate. Then it go to parliament for debate and vote. If it concerns national security beyond the premise of the town, then the army can exercise its right on the level of the MOD, but the TC, through the MP, can go to parliament to bang table.

Army is under Defend minister... if they request armies assistance... MP will request from the DM... army only take order from DM...

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

The MP is fucked-type.
Police already made arrest. This tells all that sufficient evidence it is the driver fault. One only need to stand at that junction for half an hour to count the number of vehicles dashing across red light. And all they can come up with is to ban heavy trucks? Are they stupid or dumb?

Immediate solution is very clear, clamp down on unsafe drivers. In the early 90s, there were many incidents of drunk driving accidents, police up the enforcement and penalty. Situation improved across the country. The solution is very clear, MHA and law ministry just need to issue joint statement, say reckless drivers to be charged for manslaughter. Roads will be safer overnight.