• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good war movies - your views?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about Dr Zhivago?

It is suppose to be about the Russian revolution but have never been able to watch the 3 hour movie because I find it boring:smile:
Nice music though.

[video=youtube;4Yd2PzoF1y8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yd2PzoF1y8[/video]

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah - all I remembered of this movie was that the hero did not get any of the 3 girls at the end of the war. What struck me was also they had scenes with epic proportions - Chinese soldiers marching to the front.......

Too young to remember the ending, did Kwan Shan acted in the two movies? Much later, when Rosamund Kwan became an actress, for a long time, those eye brows & eyes of hers, looked very familiar, could not figure out, until I did a google & found out she was Kwan Shan daughter; no wonder, those eyes.

My Uncle, who does not know a single word of English or Mandarin, so he went to the cinemas to learn & he brought me along to learn too, each times he watches any movies, I have seen, many Cantonese movies, Mandarin movies ( Shaw Brothers, Cathay, was it Eng Wah etc) & then English Movies, most of the Tarzan series...etc. I learnt how to speak English & Mandarin, before I ever stepped into a proper school & Cinema became my "love"...have actually spent many years in the dark cinemas halls watching movies...but now, we have streaming, Blu Ray..DVD; so now it is cinema at hall. But I do miss the cinemas...:biggrin:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tat is why the USA now controls the information that is released in war,,like the 1991 gulf war, got news black out etc,,,they did not let reporters run around like in Vietnam..I hope the special edition for this movie is released with all the deleted scenes,,,

according to the Soviet Union declassified records, they spent hundred millions of dollars sponsoring the USA anti-war groups and organizations to turn the USA public opinion against the war. that's how stupid the USA public were then.

this movie not bad. action: 9/10. Vietnam war movies usually show small firefights at company or platoon levels only, it's quite dull. this movie's battle is on a regiment/battalion scale, it's more exciting on the big screen.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;1CJQNdJT2NI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CJQNdJT2NI[/video]..........

Last edited:

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's one scene where the Americans had to retreat 'coz waves and waves of Chinese soldiers were aiding the North :eek:

[video]https://youtu.be/as1jmkKOPGk[/video]

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The_Eagle_Has_Landed-814848060-large.jpg

One of the best - in terms of plot and excitment....

i remember seeing this one in Sec Sch.........weird since Michael Caine is a Brit..........but very good movie