• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gerald Ee to chair review committee on obscene PAP salary practices

goldenmonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am baffled completely - how the hell can this happen when only some time back we are told a) High salaries is used to attract and retain top talent b) high salaries is necassary to stamp out corruption?
How are the PAP going to answer to these questions: were they dead wrong about the assumptions all along? Or we do not need top talent or are we accepting corruption?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am baffled completely - how the hell can this happen when only some time back we are told a) High salaries is used to attract and retain top talent b) high salaries is necassary to stamp out corruption?
How are the PAP going to answer to these questions: were they dead wrong about the assumptions all along? Or we do not need top talent or are we accepting corruption?
who noes? ... mayb dey wil cum out n say ...

ok, u blahdy peasants want cut, v cut ... now u wil not have talen ... now u wil have colluption ... dun brame us! ... u ask 4 it! ... :eek:

Jchen

Alfrescian
Loyal
I count 2 accountants and 3 business_cum_top management people and union members in committee. Why there is no political scientists like from The Institute of Southeast Asian Studies or School of Public Policy in the committee? By putting so many business people, are they saying government function like a business corporation and not a political entity? So does it mean that ministers pay shall remain in several million dollars bracket and not be comparable to similar economic centers like the other Tiger economies of HK, Korea and Taiwan?

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On the issue of the no. of fingers of Dr Amy Khor, she actually has a sixth finger on each hand, maiking a grand total of 12 fingers. I know because I sat across from her before and counted her fingers. To her credit, she was not self-conscious at all and that included raising her armpits in victory!

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I count 2 accountants and 3 business_cum_top management people and union members in committee. Why there is no political scientists like from The Institute of Southeast Asian Studies or School of Public Policy in the committee? By putting so many business people, are they saying government function like a business corporation and not a political entity? So does it mean that ministers pay shall remain in several million dollars bracket and not be comparable to similar economic centers like the other Tiger economies of HK, Korea and Taiwan?

Agree with your observations. It is obvious enough that the review committee was very carefully chosen in the first place. Handpicked & trusted to do the right thing. Apart from accountants, bankers & union leaders, a more balanced slate would have included social workers, men of religion, political commentators & your ubiquitous grassroots leaders!

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've known that for a long time and it has always made me uncomfortable. :o

Dude, you are gonna suffer for your comments. Feel the power of the six fingered devil. DEADLY MELODY!!!

[video=youtube;-0CoVMfa2dI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0CoVMfa2dI[/video]

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
this gerard ee is a real lee family/pap stooge...first he whacked andrew kuan wif that stupid laugh when eating my wonton mee crap...then when asked whether lhl had contacted him over his appt to review ministerial pay he comes out with an even more stupid statement that if it was lhl he would hv crashed his car...to gerard lhl is soo busy to deal wif him...so what does that make tharman?...cheap beer is it?...and what is all this crap abt him hving charitable genes...dont make me laugh...

Gerald Ee has to understand that he was being used as political fodder and he has surely certainly fell into it. First the NKF rescue, than PTC and now the salary review. Next they will ask him to deliver old man's eulogy.

Lucian Darth

Alfrescian
Loyal
My guess is nothing will change, wayang only. Even if there's cut then it would probably be less than 10%. The only 'civilian' in the comm is GQ fr Breadtalk, and he rubs shoulders like anythg with Papies. Even invited ministers for his Bday party. No hope one lah this govt.

Even if they cut 10% from their pay just to wayang and say they had done their part listening to ppl. Then they let in another million of FT into the country and make our livelihood miserable, what's the point?!

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rome is not built overnite.
The collapse of the chinese Qing dynasty also did not happen overnite.
For a political party who can change his words and actions overnite,
can you still place your trust on them?
For me, the answer is NO.
To me, such party is no different from a liar, a cheater, a WAYANG!
Cannot be trusted.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
How can anyone call this review committee independent of PAP? More PAP wayang.

Gerald Ee is PAP man.

John De Payva - NTUC President, what's there to say. PAP man.

Fang Ai Lian - former Nominated Member of Parliament, PAP woman.

Stephen Lee - SIA Chairman, what's there to say? PAP man.

Po'ad Shaik Abu Bakar Matter - Presidential Advisers, PAP man.

George Quek - Breadtalk CEO, gotten off with extremely light fine $4,000 for drink driving and crashing his Porsche into a stationary police car at a road block. Time to return favour? PAP man.

Lucien Wong - Allen & Gledhill Managing Partner and director of SPH. A&G acted for Lee Kuan Yew, Lee Hsien Loong and Goh Chok Tong in suing the oppositions bankrupt. PAP man.

Wong Ngit Liong - Venture CEO, still unknown.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
This committee smells a lot like the one Wong Kan Seng created to look into the Mas Selamat escapade.

You are right, this fat ass and his so called committee is of no difference. Until we see cuts in zeros and not just percentages, these people's salaries will still be obscene. If they are sincere they should have the decency to do the salary cutting themselves, there's no need for a review committee to recommend. There's no such committee around when they decide to hike their pay to such obscenity.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kid278;739458Until we see cuts in zeros and not just percentages[/QUOTE said:
Brudder, your cutting away of zeroes is after the decimal point or before. Got great difference leh! :biggrin:

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brudder, your cutting away of zeroes is after the decimal point or before. Got great difference leh! :biggrin:

Yo...:biggrin:...sorry if it confuses. What I'm trying to say is, take for example, if a minister gets two million and you remove a zero he'll get two hundred thousand which is acceptable but if the recommendation is just a 50% cut it's still a million and that's still obscene.:biggrin:

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yeah, we need all the crats sub fixes. eg. techno, bureau and etc...
All right doesn't alright? All left is not always wrong!

mutualsharing

Alfrescian
Loyal
DSCF2866%2Bpaint%2Byb.JPG

Referring to website : http://www.mutual-sharing.com

Frog A: 'Little red dot has been very successful comparing to many countries, I suppose the reasons are due to 'Little red dot dares to be different from the rest of the world and 'Little red dot has firm belief of doing the right thing. For mininterial pay, is it "Top of the world" or may be "Out of the world"?
Frog B: Whatever it is I think it is high time to.....to "Shake the box"!
Frog A: We all know well, if you pay peanuts, you get monkeies! We have to be reasonable.....
Frog B: I am not sure, it is very subjective. It was once commented that $600,000 pay was peanut!
Frog A: In this case, It is really a hot potato! Very tough for the review committee!
Frog B: Relating to salary, there is another issue concerning minimum wages. 'Little red dot' has no plan to adopt although many countries inclusive of super powers have already implemented. For this, I hope 'Little red dot' is not "Out of the world" but "Model of the world".

MUTUAL SHARING

ren.bmp

Referring to website : http://www.mutual-sharing.com