• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Free Speech,spamming, same jokes, etc - Erection2012

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
As we come to the end of the week and this being a slow day, time for a bit of chinwag and to shoot the breeze on a topic that surfaces once in a while.

I remember Erection when he first turned up in this forum, easy going, likes to joke, post good joke and contributes on most topics. I saw the Bob Sim running naked thread today and then I saw the comments from Erection and others on the ban in that thread. The thing that struck me was how similar Bob Sim had started out in this forum. Until he began talking about the same red underwear of his male tenant. It went on and on. I am sure the old timers would remember the red underwear. Look at what Bob is now.

@Erection, I think you are confusing free speech with spamming. Free speech is expressing your opinions, your views and your feelings without restrictions. It does not need to be high brow and therefore it can even be on a mundane subject like which way the toilet paper is placed on the roller. I am sure the jury is still out on the toilet paper roll placement. Spamming is the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. (sorry, spammed the over too many times). You offering your behind to Sam repeated so often in various posts will never qualify as free speech. Self deprecating humour is quite rare in the Asian context but this is does not fall in the humour category when the same thing is done over an over again. It also never falls in corny categoryeither. There is huge gap between corny jokes and repeating the same thing so many times a day.

I thought the telling point is that no one realised that you had been banned until you mentioned it. We have the same issue with TeeKee and Baluku. Except they spam on religion.I am sure nobody would bother if TeeKee and Baluku repeated the same thing in their own threads in the religious folder. Its posting the same joke in other threads started by others. I am sure TeeKee and Baluku think its in their DNA as well as they expect others to understand. They must also think that it is not harming everyone.

By the way this is not a high brow forum. 90% is everyday mundane and routine stuff about tourist having his carrot head chopped, Shortarse crowned beauty queen, coffee price up, chiobu farted in the lift, Policeman sleeping in police car, FT armpit not shaved, Mat playing guitar in void deck, MRT breakdown, Tonychat moving to OZ etc

The beauty of this forum is its ability to give extra amount of leeway until the ends fray. Any other forum would have banned you outright. We don't see this sort of thing in other forums because they will never allow it to reach this far.

I sense you are bored and need to interact. Just dish out the quality jokes that you used to post. I use to look for it in the past. If you still bored like I am now, write a very long post just like this. I have written many long posts which 99% don't bother to got thru but its my release valve.

ps. you offering your behind to Sam for some weird reason reminds of the poor Orang Utan kept by an woman in Borneo who immediately would offer his rear to any male that walks past. I first read about here in this forum - not pleasant and certainly not toilet humour either.

Sorry to be blunt but that is free speech I suppose.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Like real world manners, good forum etiquette is caught rather than taught. This is harder in Singapore than it sounds, because in school we are taught that behaviour, grades, intellect, etc, are all to be quantified and graded on a bell curve. No room for the subjective, for the intuitive grasp of what makes human beings tick and how humans should interact in different settings. I blame PAP's educational system for this.

Sorry for politicizing your message. Can't help it.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Damn why did erection get banned?

Ah screw it was really thoughtful of you to bring up this matter by starting a thread about it even though bans only last 24 hrs. Nice to see the entire gang here too to support ah screw's thread. Hello. :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is a valid observation. Similar to Singaporeans who reactly slowly to an unexpected incident or avoid making a comment and fall in the unpopular category.

The the other thing I noticed is the inability to identify similar traits or similar structures behind a certain action. Someone has to label it first. i remember arguments when the internet was new and the concept of spam was new. Close to 2 decades later some still struggle with it.

Like real world manners, good forum etiquette is caught rather than taught. This is harder in Singapore than it sounds, because in school we are taught that behaviour, grades, intellect, etc, are all to be quantified and graded on a bell curve. No room for the subjective, for the intuitive grasp of what makes human beings tick and how humans should interact in different settings. I blame PAP's educational system for this.

Sorry for politicizing your message. Can't help it.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
scroobal , why dont you PM errection instead of starting a thread on it ?

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw his comments and reply to RT. He did not get the message and he was going on and on about free speech, causing no harm to anyone, DNA etc. No one else besides RT said anything adverse and he must have thought he was right. I realised that he did not know why he and Baluku got banned in the first place. Pointless doing a PM - he would think there are only 3 that feel that way.

If I am wrong with my comments and my observation, people can cut me down to size. I fought for Kinana when he was banned and it was turned out I was wrong.

scroobal , why dont you PM errection instead of starting a thread on it ?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I saw his comments and reply to RT. He did not get the message and he was going on and on about free speech, causing no harm to anyone, DNA etc. No one else besides RT said anything adverse and he must have thought he was right. I realised that he did not know why he and Baluku got banned in the first place. Pointless doing a PM - he would think there are only 3 that feel that way.

If I am wrong with my comments and my observation, people can cut me down to size. I fought for Kinana when he was banned and it was turned out I was wrong.

In case you don't get it drifter was asking you why don't you pm this to make it between both of you instead of bringing it up for everyone to see. You have a personal issue with him just pm him.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

i admit , i speak up for him because his a friend ..and i have nothing against you too cause you do contribute alot in this forum , and i know that . but errection did say in another thread that if ppl dont like the way he post , they can pm him and tell him about that " gay joke " issue .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In case you don't get it drifter was asking you why don't you pm this to make it between both of you instead of bringing it up for everyone to see. You have a personal issue with him just pm him.

thankyou jah , my english not good maybe he dont understand .

jw5

Loyal
I saw his comments and reply to RT. He did not get the message and he was going on and on about free speech, causing no harm to anyone, DNA etc.

Scroobal,
Interesting thread.
Just to clarify something, Baluku was banned by Drifter I believe, erection2011 was banned by Leongsam or his moderator who is supposedly not a forum member.

This forum mirrors real life in some ways, and we are all members of this same community. In real life, it could be a community club, country club, chess club, office, school, gathering of relatives or friends, etc.
My support for erection2011 is simply because I find him a nice chap and a positive contributer to the forum. Ok, gay jokes about him and Leongsam aside which are indeed repetitive, his contributions in terms of original posts, videos and jokes and his demeanour and interaction with other forummers makes him a positive contributor in my view. Even the gay jokes are part of the banter that he has with 2 or 3 of the other forummers, who willingly join in. Other spammers on the other hand are simply pests who are out to disrupt the discussions with their "wisdom", nobody replies to them and the thread dies off.

If he was making gay jokes about himself and an ordinary forummer, and that particular forummer was not participating in the banter or was offended by it, that could be considered harrassment or bullying. But he was going after the most powerful member of the forum, who didn't like the jokes and duly banned him.

In my opinion, this forum needs more interesting and varied posts and characters to make it more lively.
But whether a particular forummer makes it more interesting or annoying/irritating depends on the individual making the judgement. For me, erection2011 makes the forum more lively, whereas someone like baluku aka teekee is simply a pest whom people neither understand nor want to engage in discussion.