• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

for those born in the 70's and 80's

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, it was a 'premium' fashion brand, long before the Giordano, Bossini, G2000 that you see today.

There was an outlet at Jurong East. I remember my parents brought me there when I was a kid.

Same same.. As a kid my parents would dragged me to the 2nd Chance outlet at Toa Payoh Central..

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Montagut was eponymous with the apeks in the local coffee shops and those running illegal 4D in the marketplace on Saturdays.

The Malay boys use to buy these from Peninsula and Geylang for SGD$37 (plain), SGD$45 plain long sleeve and SGD$50 (pattern print) - it was synonymous with hanging out with the abang-abang neighbourhood drug lords and ganja pushers (back then SGD$5 for half stick and SGD$10 for full stick).
I recollect being told that it was a status polo-T in PRC and even today the quality has remained pretty much unchanged for the Fil Lumiere yarn based polos.

I also remember a crazed looking ang kong siao who used to be seen around Funan back then - super tanned older man with gang tattoos galore - the only time we saw him wearing a top was his vintage, 70s style elongated collar Montagut that had a super huge Montagut flower embroidered on the pocket. He was always talking to himself and just collected cardboards and cans - he never bothered anyone and people let him be.

Attachments

• montagut.jpg
    montagut.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 173
  • mon2.jpg
    mon2.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 188
  • mon3.jpg
    mon3.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Montagut was eponymous with the apeks in the local coffee shops and those running illegal 4D in the marketplace on Saturdays. The Malay boys use to buy these from Peninsula for SGD$37 (plain), SGD$45 plain long sleeve and SGD$50 (pattern print) - it was synonymous with hanging out with the aband-abandg neighborhood drug lords and ganja pushers (back then SGD$5 for half stick and SGD$10 for full stick).

View attachment 4091

View attachment 4092

View attachment 4093

mon2.jpg

mon2.jpg

Attachments

• montagut.jpg
    montagut.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 149

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last time popular logos alot of animals type.

Australian - kangaroo motif
Munsingwear - penguin
Baleno - whale
Le Coq Sportif - rooster
La Coste/crocodile - crocodile
Slazenger/Puma - panther

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time popular logos alot of animals type.

Australian - kangaroo motif
Munsingwear - penguin
Baleno - whale
Le Coq Sportif - rooster
La Coste/crocodile - crocodile
Slazenger/Puma - panther

Not forgetting,

Playboy - rabbit
Polo - man on horse
Camel - camel
Skippy - kangaroo
Eveready - black cat
MGM - lion
Energizer - rabbit
Jaguar - jaguar
Ferrari - stallion
Tiger Beer - tiger

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You forgot Burberrys. Knight on a mounted horse.

Burberrys_of_London-logo-9E214B7E27-seeklogo.com.gif

I bought a couple of Burberrys collared T-shirts more than ten years ago (from Marina Square department store). That was certainly the time before Marina Square was renovated.

I wear them from time to time. They're still in great condition. No fading, no tears, no shrinkage.

100% cotton. More expensive, and definitely not made in China. But you do get what you paid for.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wah lao eh... bro,
how can you forget that big elephant?
thought Hunting World also quite trendy in the past? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Yessss.... Hunting World... Bought few of their Polo Tees way back in the mid 90s.. Quite popular back then.. I don't think its available now in Spore...