• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

for those born in the 70's and 80's

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
425749_3191095469892_1641047482_268.jpg

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I remember 新谣, NDP at Stadium, learning and singing national day songs in school.

Recited the pledge and sang Count on me Singapore like it meant something.

Thank you 超 级 白 and 60.1% for making sure our future generations will not have nothing worth remembering.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Toa Payoh interchange?

You are right.. This is the old Toa Payoh Interchange before they upgraded the place to be a fully air conditioned bus interchange in 1998... Bus no 137 used to go to Mandai from Toa Payoh interchange.. Remembered taking that bus to the zoo back then during schooldays..

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are right.. This is the old Toa Payoh Interchange before they upgraded the place to be a fully air conditioned bus interchange in 1998... Bus no 137 used to go to Mandai from Toa Payoh interchange.. Remembered taking that bus to the zoo back then during schooldays..
Not that long ago i supposed thought the bus looks damn beat up.....

Some of the things shown in the video are after my time........things like smurfs, he-man, the handheld games....i only remembered game & watch (manhole).....tampines interchange with MRT in the background.......cant be that long ago also.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
137, that's the bus I took with my childhood sweetheart to the zoo. We were just Sec. 4 but we've known each other since Pr. 4 and each others' parents too. The whole day-to-night date had an exciting feel of eloping. When I sent her home, I got a good earful of scolding from her parents for disappearing with her for the whole day without notice. I steadfastly reassured her daddy that I could have brought her to Pulau Ubin and still returned her home safely. Her daddy relaxed his anger a bit and joked, that's why he worried if we started camping overnight after hearing stories of our boy scout and girl guide adventures. I was thinking in my heart, why worry, we've already did it. But course, I dared not boast that to him. I'd get beaten up bad and my parents got involved too. For he was also a gang tiger general.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://ashley.theworldrace.org/blogphotos/theworldrace/ashley//Nintendo.jpg[/IMG

If you are born in 80s, u probably have this.[/QUOTE]
this one came later.........first there was the Sinclair (run on cassette tapes).....then came the Atari 800....

[ATTACH]4079.vB[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• ts1000.JPG
    ts1000.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 90

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
137, that's the bus I took with my childhood sweetheart to the zoo. We were just Sec. 4 but we've known each other since Pr. 4 and each others' parents too. The whole day-to-night date had an exciting feel of eloping. When I sent her home, I got a good earful of scolding from her parents for disappearing with her for the whole day without notice. I steadfastly reassured her daddy that I could have brought her to Pulau Ubin and still returned her home safely. Her daddy relaxed his anger a bit and joked, that's why he worried if we started camping overnight after hearing stories of our boy scout and girl guide adventures. I was thinking in my heart, why worry, we've already did it. But course, I dared not boast that to him. I'd get beaten up bad and my parents got involved too. For he was also a gang tiger general.

hi there

1. wow!
2. so, vamjok was born after this or what?
3. just joking, ram!