• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

F#$%%^ ing singpost

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not quite, but i have to stand in line with a lot of the FT population
post office is perpetually crowded. for sure counter staff overworked

The FT's are there sending our money home, so that, we are contributing to their country GDP & feeding thousands of hungry people, in the process raises their status from 3rd world to 1st world, while the SINgapore citizens sink to 4th class in their own home.

The other thing is, the Post Office, is selling candies, chocolates, biscuits, hand phones, insurance, etc..& whatever but no CONDOMS yet. You go to the counter, you tell the person, I want a SET of the latest stamp issue, you will feel that you are talking to an alien.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The other thing is, the Post Office, is selling candies, chocolates, biscuits, hand phones, insurance, etc..& whatever but no CONDOMS yet. You go to the counter, you tell the person, I want a SET of the latest stamp issue, you will feel that you are talking to an alien.

SBS a bus company was doing property development:eek: I read that they were involved in a housing project at Sixth Avenue. They lost money & decided to abandon property development & stick to providing transport. It may not be as lucrative but they are still making $.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SBS a bus company was doing property development:eek: I read that they were involved in a housing project at Sixth Avenue. They lost money & decided to abandon property development & stick to providing transport. It may not be as lucrative but they are still making $.

How could they with all the connections lose money over a property development, it must be gross mismanagement or some 'creative' people installed pipes under the 'well' to siphon off the 'water'. Sixth avenue? it is 'goldmine' that area...:biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

A classic case of kay-kiang, poking your nose into where it doesn't belong. Diversifying your portfolio to add shareholder value eh?

It's just like the other time when a couple of PAP town councils dabbled with Lehman minibonds and got burnt badly. :rolleyes:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
once they missent my fat cheque correctly addressed to me to another INCORRECT address. just can't understand how their postman misread the address but can send to the wrong place :(

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
sinpost also delivers pamphlets and junk mails to residential areas.

yup
i thought there is an effort to try and stop internet spam, but i suppose since paper junk mail can make singpost money, so its perfectly all right

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
update,

i collected the parcel at tanglin post office tuesday 14 may 11.35am

today 15 may, i just find in my mailbox a delivery advice for same tracking number for attempted delivery of same parcel.... asking me to go collect from my neaert post office next day after 2pm....
wonder what present the post man was carrying today

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
update,

today 15 may, i just find in my mailbox a delivery advice for same tracking number for attempted delivery of same parcel.... asking me to go collect from my neaert post office next day after 2pm....

Are you sure you got the right parcel from Tanglin P O? maybe its your neighbor's & yours is still at the delivery base, waiting to be transferred to the nearest post office or lost in the vast space of Paya Lebar Main Post Office...

Last edited:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
no im afraid not....now with this answer, im sure they will find a way to use it against me at trial....

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You have to buy sneakers by post?? BATA wouldn't do? Charles & Keith, won't do? Ferragamo, wouldn't do??

I bought a pair of Bata's copy of the classic Timberland boat shoes. It was heavier & not as comfortable as an original Timberland.

So I went to Amazon & ordered an original Tmberland . At Amazon the price was half of what they charge locally. At Amazon you also have a wider selection of colors.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hey i ordered something online and the sender used swiss post to mail it to me. I enter the tracking number on swiss post website and see that it has left the transit country on monday. I call up swiss post and am informed that the item has already reached singapore and i can enter the tracking number into my local post's website which means singpost. Meanwhile on swiss post side it tells me they don't know anything on the singapore side and the delivery partners on the destination side has not provided them with any cosignment incidents which means swiss post does not know the status of my item.

Anyway i enter the tracking number into singpost and nothing comes up same with speedpost nothing at all 0 info. I call up singpost and am told it's a registered article but when they check on the item they say they don't have any info on it. OK i then call up the swiss post singapore office and they tell me items usually take 14 working days before they are available for delivery which means it's still stuck at customs. Can you imagine this shit. It's already in singapore just that it's stuck at customs and singpost probably doesn't provide any information. Now i'm not really sure if it's customs that held it up or singpost being slow.

177093002f2a74a8adc7b5d22bc4bab06316482a.jpg

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i wrote to the original site i ordered the sneakers from and suggested they lose singpost as their local partner and just stick with DHL or fedex

singham

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi, wendy, i am supposed to piggy back you there...:p

update,