• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, do u get to see the rate before executing the transaction or only can derive the rate after transfer? Thanks.

Just did a CIMB sg to CIMB my transfer to test the account, quoted rate of 2.5394....... not bad. the live rate breached 2.590 today but drop back to 2.57xx when i transferred.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks. just opened cimb spore account today. will have to wait for internet banking activation and token (one week?). i wonder if this long wait is standard for banks in spore. very inefficient. i applied for internet banking at hsbc branch in jb, all done within 15mins...with token and passwords given on the spot.....

its stated on the internet banking when u initiate the transfer, before u commit

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks. just opened cimb spore account today. will have to wait for internet banking activation and token (one week?). i wonder if this long wait is standard for banks in spore. very inefficient. i applied for internet banking at hsbc branch in jb, all done within 15mins...with token and passwords given on the spot.....

But mine no token. They will sms to my hp if teres any transaction..

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

was told token take 14 days. going down jb next few day, get my jb account. will report.

contrarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
great .. the money multiplier account their rate is 2.5% interest for balances above 10kRM, correct?
what are the 3 pieces of government ID? :confused: IC, passport and ..??

Show them any 3 pieces of government ID as long as they accept.
Note the CIMB accounts are tagged to your passport number which means you need to update them with your new passport whenever you change one (bring both old and new).

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi SirusA

For Citibank rate, u need to call up and check with their customer service in Singapore. I have an sg account with them and could not locate MYR rate when I login to internet banking sg. So I enquired with customer service and they claimed they do not publish MYR rate online. However, I heard from one of the forumers that he is able to check the MYR against SGD rate when he login to Citibank internet banking Msia.

Fyi, I called them up last Thursday and was told that Buying TT rate: 2.56. I withdrew cash from Citibank ATM Msia at the rate of 2.527 last Saturday at 2pm. Hope this helps.

Guys.. I consolidated 3 banks rate: UOB, Maybank for cash and CIMB Bank for TT.
http://sgmoney-xchange.blogspot.sg/2013/08/sgdmyr-rate-from-bank.html

Still pending to find out the Citibank rate.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi SirusA

For Citibank rate, u need to call up and check with their customer service in Singapore. I have an sg account with them and could not locate MYR rate when I login to internet banking sg. So I enquired with customer service and they claimed they do not publish MYR rate online. However, I heard from one of the forumers that he is able to check the MYR against SGD rate when he login to Citibank internet banking Msia.

Fyi, I called them up last Thursday and was told that Buying TT rate: 2.56. I withdrew cash from Citibank ATM Msia at the rate of 2.527 last Saturday at 2pm. Hope this helps.

Looks like we have reported and share on the various banks TT rates, ATM cash withdrawal rates here for comparison and use the best and most convenient method to change and withdraw ringgit. Money changers hard to make business and maybe must be wondering why soon.

Good legwork and sharing here by everyone.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Show them any 3 pieces of government ID as long as they accept.
Note the CIMB accounts are tagged to your passport number which means you need to update them with your new passport whenever you change one (bring both old and new).

thanks.. i'll bring a few IDs

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damn the money changers....I already "lost" a lot by remitting through them...

Looks like we have reported and share on the various banks TT rates, ATM cash withdrawal rates here for comparison and use the best and most convenient method to change and withdraw ringgit. Money changers hard to make business and maybe must be wondering why soon.

Good legwork and sharing here by everyone.

IRONMAN123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Withdrew some money in M'sia yesterday (2.30pm) from cimb bank ATM using cimb sg ATM card, the exchange rate is quite good: 2.542.

Last edited:

SiriusA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi SirusA

So the rate of 2.56 only for TT, ie. Citibank SG to Citibank MY. My fren tried the cash withdrawal from Citibank ATM Msia, the rate isn't so great compared with UOB

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damn the money changers....I already "lost" a lot by remitting through them...

Unless those sharky money changers can better their rates against the 3 banks (mainly UOB, CIMB & MAYBANK), otherwise, changing to Ringgits with them will be a thing of the past in the future. The 3 banks' ATMs are easily available around the JB City Square shopping centre's vicinity and this will be their first stop for most visitors to JB.

IRONMAN123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unless those sharky money changers can better their rates against the 3 banks (mainly UOB, CIMB & MAYBANK), otherwise, changing to Ringgits with them will be a thing of the past in the future. The 3 banks' ATMs are easily available around the JB City Square shopping centre's vicinity and this will be their first stop for most visitors to JB.

Well said. All money changers very rich one wor...