• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Embassy car in hit-and-run

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scrooba you can confirm your foresight / scenario. But I still believe Singapore will like to demo to the world our judicial system of fairness, impartiality and our no-amnesty to immunity or whatsoever. More rich and famous will then want to move to $ingapore to become $ingapore Citizens and contribute to our $ociety.

This is probably the scenario that will evolve.

1) The govt will first request dip immunity to be lifted which is unlikely.
2) The Romanians will however recall them back as punishment and they and their families will lose the diplomatic perks.
3) If the Romanians do not do it, then MFA will treat them as persona no grata and they wil have to leave
4) The families of the victims will notified on what is going on a private basis.
5) The Romanians will pay compensation to the victims on a confidential basis.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why you think Fay was caned? It was mandatory for vandalism. Only allowance made for elderly and disabled.

Your comment was that diplomatic immunity is only for ambassador. That is not the case, it applies to anyone that a country names for its diplomatic staff stationed and anyone that is issued with a diplomatic passport. That coverage extends to family.

What does Fay and the other offenders have got to do with the thai lifting diplomatic immunity or not? We do not know if the thai son was diplomatically immune or the prosecutor just decided not to charge him.
Vandalism DOES NOT carry a mandatory canning sentence.

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will tomorrow's Headline News be [ROMANIAN OFFICIALS LIED] and follows by [BANNED FROM DRIVING* FOR LIFE & FINED* $10,000] and Asterix means *Terms and Conditions apply...LOL

or [TAXI DRIVER SENT ROMANIAN OFFICIALS FROM SUNGEI KADUT TO EMBASSY]

whole sg will be watching 154th spin magic

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree but the Singapore is also a signatory to the Vienna Convention of 1961 governing diplomatic immunity. The concept and practice is much longer than the covention. Its primary purpose is to protect the diplomatic corp carrying out state functions from a series of actions from unfriendly host countries which will end up in tit for tat incidents.

There will be of course be behind scene manoevering to get some sort of retribution.

Maybe the immunity might be lifted. Many years ago, the Indian High Commissioner to Britain, lifted diplomatic immunity from his son who was caught shoplifting. He thought it was the honourable thing to do despite his own govt's view. He also resigned from his post on his own accord. A rare instance of a honourable gentleman holding an office for his country.

Scrooba you can confirm your foresight / scenario. But I still believe Singapore will like to demo to the world our judicial system of fairness, impartiality and our no-amnesty to immunity or whatsoever. More rich and famous will then want to move to $ingapore to become $ingapore Citizens and contribute to our $ociety.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
This incident kinda remind me of one show, a cop was investigating a diplomat for some crimes and he had to car case him around many blocks until his car crashes!

Next he yahyah in front of the cop with a gun pointing at him and says you can't touch me! I got diplomatic immunity. The cop just squeeze the trigger!

Anybody know what is the movie?

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This incident kinda remind me of one show, a cop was investigating a diplomat for some crimes and he had to car case him around many blocks until his car crashes!

Next he yahyah in front of the cop with a gun pointing at him and says you can't touch me! I got diplomatic immunity. The cop just squeeze the trigger!

charge d'affaires 【词典解释】:代理公使(大使);

Man : 我是大使 ! (you can't touch me! I got diplomatic immunity)
Cop : 我就给你大大的死 :biggrin: (The cop just squeeze the trigger!)

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read in TNP today, car belongs to the Romanian embassy. Now those fuckers in the embassy claimed their car was stolen on the same day..:rolleyes:..yeah sure...and romania is in rome right? :oIo:

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Read in TNP today, car belongs to the Romanian embassy. Now those fuckers in the embassy claimed their car was stolen on the same day..:rolleyes:..yeah sure...and romania is in rome right? :oIo:

罗马尼亚 (Romania) 国名
罗马(意大利首都); (Rome)

europe-map.gif

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually the excuse/reason given by the embassy officials is nothing new under the sun (in this case moon..LOL)

already many people had used that ploy before.

but those excuses/reasons are often used by thieves or robbers themselves.

innocent people normally dun give those excuses or reasons.

but nevermind let's sit and wait n see:-
1) Good news of CCTV footage covering their movement
2) Eye Witnesses (passerbys, taxi-drivers, etc.)
3) Pre-accident and Post-accident alibi (if any, hopefully none..LOL)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
actually the excuse/reason given by the embassy officials is nothing new under the sun (in this case moon..LOL)

already many people had used that ploy before.

but those excuses/reasons are often used by thieves or robbers themselves.

innocent people normally dun give those excuses or reasons.

but nevermind let's sit and wait n see:-
1) Good news of CCTV footage covering their movement
2) Eye Witnesses (passerbys, taxi-drivers, etc.)
3) Pre-accident and Post-accident alibi (if any, hopefully none..LOL)

eye withnesses report will be deleted in police station ...:wink:

CCTV will not be working on that day ...strangely .:rolleyes:

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
drifter u forgot to indicate one more thing:-

Those who had seen them here and there would have been bribed....LOL

Anyway love all the stuff u guys wrote...Scrooba so knowledgeable......drifter so forthright......LOLOL

eye withnesses report will be deleted in police station ...:wink:

CCTV will not be working on that day ...strangely .:rolleyes:

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
All of you are wrong, the embassy vehicle did not hit anyone.

Those pedestrians were the ones who ran into the embassy vehicle which drove off in fear that more pedestrians will run into it.

Not the embassy vehicle's fault. The pedestrians will be fined for vandalism

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
how come still no news of the culprit one? why SPF taking so long to investigate one? why never employ Lie Detector test and breathalyser test on him at the very instant when he called SPF to report loss of car?

how come SPF investigators so lousy?

should make it mandatory for embassy staff to wear those ankle tag to track their location every now and then...

wonder did the police check with the KTV Lounge Lousa claimed he went to but did not drink.

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lethal Weapon 2.
Diplomat (smiling and showing his pass),"Diplomatic immunity..."
Cop (fires his gun nevertheless),"... has been revoked."

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

Explaining the Vienna Convention and international norms do's and do nots to this bunch .....You have to be kidding.

Locke

Curveball

Dear Scroobal

Explaining the Vienna Convention and international norms do's and do nots to this bunch .....You have to be kidding.

Locke

If you are so disdainful of the intellect of the people here, why don't you birds get together in a specially created folder for the exclusive use of the supercilious like you. And what are you doing in this forum anyway. TOC's regulars are more than a match for you?

ScarFace

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are so disdainful of the intellect of the people here, why don't you birds get together in a specially created folder for the exclusive use of the supercilious like you. And what are you doing in this forum anyway. TOC's regulars are more than a match for you?

clap clap clap :biggrin:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dat moni collector can put on ze folder ze title ... f-o fr my f**king elite uncaring folder ...

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the driver of the vehicle is a Sinkie, I'm sure the press would have reported it by now. It is probably a foreigner