• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - emale motorcyclist taken to hospital after being run over by a heavy vehicle in Moulmein Road

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Female motorcyclist taken to hospital after being hit by a trailer in Moulmein Road​

SINGAPORE - A motorcyclist was taken to the hospital after she was ran over by a trailer truck on Friday morning.

The accident happened at about 11.40am along Moulmein Road towards Balestier Road, said the police. The 30-year-old victim was conscious when she was taken to Tan Tock Seng Hospital, said the Singapore Civil Defence Force.

In a dashcam video posted on Facebook by Mr Fong Chun Cheong, a trailer truck can be seen going forward slowly at a traffic junction, with the driver seemingly unaware that there is a motorcycle in front of it. It hits the motorcycle, which topples to the right of the vehicle. The truck continues moving, with the motorcyclist going under the vehicle.

About five seconds after the impact, the trailer comes to a stop. A few seconds later, the driver starts reversing the vehicle slowly and opens the door. After a short while, Mr Fong could be seen running towards the trailer.

The 41-year-old told The Straits Times that he was driving in the opposite direction when he witnessed what happened.

The funeral director and geomancer said he rushed out of his car as he wanted to stop the trailer driver from reversing to prevent further injury to the woman who was underneath the vehicle.

“I was very worried when I saw what happened. My first thought was to save the person’s life,” said Mr Fong, who was in a similar accident about 15 years ago.

A karate instructor who was with Mr Fong then managed to attract the attention of an ambulance nearby.

“The motorcyclist was conscious when she was pinned under the vehicle and she told me that it was very hot as she was stuck near the engine,” said Mr Fong. “I immediately told the driver to turn off his engine and waited for the ambulance to come before we left the scene.”

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many young girls are seen riding motorcycles nowadays. Although is a convenient and cool way of transportation but the risk far outweigh the benefits.
If they still decide to ride a bike despite careful consideration then I think they should re evaluate if they want to pursue further studies setting up family having child etc as I don't find any future with them.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's been on going ,the drivers on road are foreigners they Don care , I even saw ceca guy teaching ceca wife how to drive near school zone ,knn how she get her licence ,2 ceca try to get used to driving n doing 3 point turn at school gate knn , bravo pap,n worse no triangle plate ,happen at tampenis