• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Ledang/ Ledang Heights/ Ujana/ Impiana community.

Maserati

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Maserati: You are right. My list is not comprehensive. There are some many that I missed, such as:
- Peter Lims Motorsport Hub as you pointed out
- Bio X Cell - 4 companies committed
- Temasek - Khazanah Wellness Village
- Media Village - the Ecosystem of companies around Pinewood

Most importantly, in terms of access, if anyone goes to Puteri Harbour, they can see that the new CIQ is almost complete, and not on the drawing board.

Here is a presentation. It does not include some the latest, but still a good summary of the completed and planned investments:

http://www.investmalaysiaconference...porate Presentation/UEM Land Holdings Bhd.pdf

The beauty about Nusajaya is that it is not only the internal demand from some the the world class MNCs that have already committed, but also driven by expatriates and Singaporeans who are increasingly willing to live in Nusajaya and commute to Singapore. Here are some articles:

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...triates-singapore-buying-johor-homes-20120930

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/...homes-a-steal-as-malaysians-in-housing-pinch/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...-investors-drawn-to-Malaysian-metropolis.html

The most recent one that came out today:

http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/7SUEM/Article/

HeyIR, as always, very thankful for your useful links. I think for many who are thinking of buying a place in Nusajaya, this blog has become a useful resource for them. The reasons for picking up a home in Johor have been compelling to say the least. For me, it was just too difficult to ignore.

Maserati

Alfrescian
Loyal
read a report some angmoh expats in spore are living in villas and bungalows in east ledang and leisure farm and commute daily to spore with their kids. not used to staying in boxes and western style east ledang gives them the homely feeling

I have an expat colleague who has been living there for a year and recently decided to purchase a semi d in EL. He told me he personally knows at least 15-20 expat families in EL andLH alone. Many more will be moving there soon over the next 12 months. All home owners and in high paying jobs. EL/pH/LH will be areas where there will be high concentration of expats.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have an expat colleague who has been living there for a year and recently decided to purchase a semi d in EL. He told me he personally knows at least 15-20 expat families in EL andLH alone. Many more will be moving there soon over the next 12 months. All home owners and in high paying jobs. EL/pH/LH will be areas where there will be high concentration of expats.

this is good news for Johor. these big guys will be driving the consumption and demand .. though the johoreans dont necessarily benefit. its time the sleeping dragon of Johor wakes up and breathe fireee!!!

Maserati

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Graveyard, I usually drive from River Valley Road and it takes me anywhere from 40 minutes to 1 Hour 15 minutes to East Ledang. Sometime I drive from my office, at the junction of Alexandra and Pasir Panjang Rd and it actually takes 5-10 minutes less due to direct access to AYE. I drive at speed limit, after getting a speeding ticket early in the year, just before Tuas on the way out. :smile:

The worst traffic delay I have experienced is on AYE around Clementi on my way in.

Hey IR, I can confirm your travel time as it takes the same time for my expat colleague to get to work. He stays in EL and work place is in town.

Maserati

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is good news for Johor. these big guys will be driving the consumption and demand .. though the johoreans dont necessarily benefit. its time the sleeping dragon of Johor wakes up and breathe fireee!!!

I can't agree more! Apparently, the expats who are living in Johor are spreading the word to their friends in SG. Word of mouth is a powerful media. My colleague was joking that at the british club, he gets loads of questions about living in EL and all he wants is a quiet night to enjoy his beers!

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can't agree more! Apparently, the expats who are living in Johor are spreading the word to their friends in SG. Word of mouth is a powerful media. My colleague was joking that at the british club, he gets loads of questions about living in EL and all he wants is a quiet night to enjoy his beers!

yes one word of mouth works more effective than a one hour presentation by a real estate agent. Johor better manage this community well .. if not, word of mouth can also kill its golden goose

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ujana looks good and complete. Looks like the keys will be given out very soon. I am not sure if you saw some pictures posted by Investor on this thread:

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....Ledang-Heights-Ujana-Impiana-community/page40

The landscaping looks great outside. I am not sure about the interiors though. Anyone who has seen the interiors please add. I agree with Investor that this is a great value for money. The area is very green and open and I am sure some of the units have great views of landed houses, leisure farms etc. Most of the surrounding developments are low density. There is a strip mall Anjung within walking distance. Mall of Medini and Bukit Indah are a short drive.

Keys will be collect starting mid Dec. Mine is on 17th Dec.

I have seen the iterior with a friend and he is in agreement with me that the quality by UEM is good. Kitchen comes with built-in cabinet. Living room comes with the standard white homogenous tiles. Bedroom flooring comes with parquet flooring. Bathroom with tiles to ceiling height just like EL. The condo that I saw in Medini tiling at the toilet is not up to ceiling height.

Basically just need to put in the wardrobe, the air-con, the lightings, the curtains, the painting and any ID, and the furniture then the unit is good to move in.

As the building is not surrounded by highrise except for the Impiana next door, the whole place is windy and with good view from the top floor.

It comes with smallish swimming pool, 1 BBQ area, 1 gym room, 1 meeting room, 2 lounge areas at ground floor, 1 children games room and individual parking lot, cctv at every floor for security, it looks more like a service apartments. There is a management office and 1 drivers room to complete the service apartment requirements.

Before the Legoland hotel is ready, this would makes a very good short holiday get-away if visiting legoland, indoor theme parks or for those expats coming in for all the mega projects happening around this area.

Those owning the high floor is getting good deals as there is no additional 3 to 5 k for every floor higher then. So the early birds get the worm.

g3abc

Alfrescian
Loyal
All,

1. What is "Borong F" ? UEM land staff seems to treat this document as the equivalent of sg' top, I think

2. Insist true that COF no longer is used, but CCC as the same as SG's TOP ?

3. Late delivery compensation, calculated from s&p date, till notice of taking possession date,..and cannot be used to offset purchase price. Only can be used to offset utilities deposit,.and 1st 4 months' service, conservancy & sinking fees,..which for Ujana, msian standards,..IS High
late delivery compensation will be mailed out by cheque,..in a few months' time,...no written undertaking is required",...

4. The rental relief at the sales promised during the beginning,..UEM land accounts not aware,..refer to marketing,..& marketing simply casually say, " oh we will pay you by cheque,..after a few months"
in a tida apak' attitude,....

Would anyone like to accompany me to view my unit, sometime next week ?
Thanks

Would the experts advise if this is standard practice ?

g3abc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oops, I forgot to add,..last 7.5% to be paid to lawyer, "Tea, Kelvin Kang & Co." is this normal ? Thanks

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you drive into Medini estate to take the pics of Pinewood?

Ya, cos the road is good and drivable. The guard would let you pass as he cannot differentiate whether those driving a private car is just a member of public or the architect.

If got problem, then I would just put a hard hat and the PCK working boots and show the guard lor.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good read...thanks

Hi Maserati: You are right. My list is not comprehensive. There are some many that I missed, such as:
- Peter Lims Motorsport Hub as you pointed out
- Bio X Cell - 4 companies committed
- Temasek - Khazanah Wellness Village
- Media Village - the Ecosystem of companies around Pinewood

Most importantly, in terms of access, if anyone goes to Puteri Harbour, they can see that the new CIQ is almost complete, and not on the drawing board.

Here is a presentation. It does not include some the latest, but still a good summary of the completed and planned investments:

http://www.investmalaysiaconference...porate Presentation/UEM Land Holdings Bhd.pdf

The beauty about Nusajaya is that it is not only the internal demand from some the the world class MNCs that have already committed, but also driven by expatriates and Singaporeans who are increasingly willing to live in Nusajaya and commute to Singapore. Here are some articles:

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...triates-singapore-buying-johor-homes-20120930

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/...homes-a-steal-as-malaysians-in-housing-pinch/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...-investors-drawn-to-Malaysian-metropolis.html

The most recent one that came out today:

http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/7SUEM/Article/

kerochi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ujana...

IMG_1861 (468x640).jpg IMG_1862 (478x640).jpg
IMG_1863 (470x640).jpg IMG_1864 (474x640).jpg
IMG_1865 (469x640).jpg

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Somehow all these news of developments land acquisition in JB CBD reminds me of ...**drum rolls**... SG.

Executional and political risk will always be there, and how much SG allows Iskandar to succeed will also play a part...

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ya, cos the road is good and drivable. The guard would let you pass as he cannot differentiate whether those driving a private car is just a member of public or the architect.

If got problem, then I would just put a hard hat and the PCK working boots and show the guard lor.

Hahaha :biggrin: Thanks for sharing.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Somehow all these news of developments land acquisition in JB CBD reminds me of ...**drum rolls**... SG.

Executional and political risk will always be there, and how much SG allows Iskandar to succeed will also play a part...

SG can sabotage by refusing to build the RTS. the way i see it, Msia has much more to gain from that than Spore.

senthilk84

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum . Been reading the threads so far and its quite informative and members mean serious property investing. I am just dipping my toes into property investment in Malaysia and researching about Nusajaya. Keen on Impiana, still some units left, but there are 4-bedders; quite large and I dunno if there is sufficient appeal there. Being such a large unit and (priced just over RM1mil) I am tempted to consider landed property, but they touch close to 2-million.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum . Been reading the threads so far and its quite informative and members mean serious property investing. I am just dipping my toes into property investment in Malaysia and researching about Nusajaya. Keen on Impiana, still some units left, but there are 4-bedders; quite large and I dunno if there is sufficient appeal there. Being such a large unit and (priced just over RM1mil) I am tempted to consider landed property, but they touch close to 2-million.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Impiana is a UEM product and from my experience should be a good end product as compared to condo by other developer. 2 years back when I decided to gasak the Ujana unit, it is like the lower floor available but I went ahead anyway and today this has turn up well after 2 years and now it is ready and I think it is not a bad decision looking back.

As with investment, we are always speaking of current market valuation, you just have to make comparision with current market valuation of surrounding and comparable project to decide whether you are ok with the price.

I recently check out the new condo launch at Medini and they are alredy selling at $600 psf with 99 years lease. So newer projects are already selling at prices that factors in all the new mega project development. Impiana could be still at old prices with some increase.

I think the most important consideration is whether the unit that are available meets your requirements and preferences.

Also buy within your means and if the rental does not works out, you can always use for your own use and rent out your Singapore property.

senthilk84

Thanks Kopikong 99.
Ideally I would have preferred a two- three bedder. Target for rental with students and staff from Educity. Mine is 4 bedroom, target population would be families I guess,,, which rather prefer a landed property .. Yeah I am suprise myself that impiana remains lower on price per sqf compared to new developments in medini and puteri harbor which have surpassed RM 1000 per sqf.

senthilk84

Thanks for the update. I am buying it purely for investment. I am a malaysian residing in Australia, but have long term plans of returning to Singapore.
I gather the next phase, Nusajaya west ; UEM is targetting mid range development , sub 1-million as demand is projected in that category.
Anyway, its a big step for me. I find the property in Malaysia and in Asia in general is just not regulated enough, many 'ifs' and factors to take into account for. Less stressful buying a property in Aus.